Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I have played both and I kind never agreed with metacritic for both.

Ryse was a solid launch game, besides graphics the game for a whole is good. I know players hate qtes but I think a metacritic of 60 for the game is too low.

The order 1886 besides stunning graphics had a solid plot and interesting moments , a beautiful art. Again a metacritic of 63 is not fair.

In my opinion both games could be around 75-80 and deserved sequels. What is your opinion?

Oct 27, 2017
Both of them were boring and I didn't think they looked that great either.
Technically impressive but not good looking games to me, even at release.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed Ryse. It wasn't anything particularly complex but it was a decent action game with a pretty good story. Never played The Order so I can't comment on that. I agree that the metacritic was pretty low on Ryse, but honestly it seems like a lot of games got harsh reviews during the launch window and reviewers seemed to be marking things down for not really doing anything new from the previous gen.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't beaten either. I've played more of Ryse (Honestly, I didn't get that far into The Order. like not far at all.).

I doubt I'll ever go back to either of them. I didn't like them.

They both did look pretty though. so there's that.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
The charm of both games is they showed me graphically what's possible on next gen so for that I loved them both but gameplay wise the Order is underrated.

Windrunner

Sly
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished both games (platinum trophy for The Order 1886):

The Order 1886 has a wonderful aesthetic, story and setting but is a total failure at being a video game. The shooting mechanics are very average and the walking sections are painful. Plus the game ends just as the plot was getting interesting!

Ryse is good It plays decently and doesn't outstay its welcome. I didn't regret my time with it and would be very interested in a sequel.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
The Order is one of the best games of the generation easily.

Amazing cutscene direction, unbelievable graphics, fantastic gameplay/weapons.

Literally the only downside was that there isn't enough of it.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
The Order is wasted potential that didn't understand what make UC, TLOU or GOW great

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
MĂ©xico
I played and beat both games, both are better than reviews make you think IMO, specially The order, Ryse was a little more repetitive but both had the roght lenght to not become boring, i'd be pretty hyped for a sequel to The Order

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of liked The Order tbh. It was barebones but it was enjoyable enough that I got the platinum. The lycan fights sucked, but the gunplay was decent. I would've liked to see a sequel but that's never happening now.

It had a pretty awesome OST too

Karate Kid

Banned
Jan 29, 2018
Ryse was boring never played the order 1886 but it did have the best meme at the time. I sold my xbox and only had a ps4 at the time and this video was hilarious i still remember the controversy behind the game's length lol

James_liv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Really liked Ryse and would love to see a sequel.
The Order was awful.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I enjoyed my play through of Ryse.

I've yet to get very far in the Order because every time I think I want to play, the game is just so slow and boring, I quit within an hour of playing every time. I've given up on playing it.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Very good looking average games. I wanted a sequel to The Order. The game had a very interesting premise and it felt great to play. Actually had some of the most interesting weapons in a shooter this gen.

The combat encounters were painfully uninspired, though. It had all of the pieces to make a great game, they just didn't do much with them. My main issue at the end is I just wanted more of everything.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I bought the Order over a year after it came out because of all the negative reviews but I really loved it.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I bought and played both. Ryse was all right but not enough for me to finish so I gave up afetr a few hours.
The Order was dull as dishwater and I did finish it. It was a teeny bit of decent combat, and a lot of wandering around doing nothing. It that way, it was ahead of its time.

I played both for about four hours. Neither was bad, but nothing memorable for me.

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I would consider The Order 1886 a 5.5 or a 6 out of 10

The graphics and presentation are the best part of the game. Otherwise Its painfully linear with no replayability whatsoever (easy platinum though) its a good concept overall but its only positives are skin deep.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Both great looking games. Especially The Order. Also both very mediocre games gameplay wise. The Order made a more lasting impression since I can barely remember anything about Ryse, but that's largely due to how disappointed I was in the potential it wastes with it's concept/setting/story.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I only played Ryse but it was a meh game with a good concept. Shouldve gotten a sequel.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Both look fantastic, but are not fun to play.

It's a classic example too of why list wars when it comes do exclusives are stupid. I remember before Ryse even launched, it was one of the one the games included in Microsoft's "best console to play block buster exclusives" campaigns...

Might want to wait until some of these games release before pushing that kind of marketing lol..

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I thought ryse was a fine brawler, getting long combos w/o taking damage and pulling off brutal finishers was a lot of fun... the story, while simplistic, left me wanting more.

I didn't play The Order, but i watched and it didnt seem like a very good shooter. But again, i wanted more of that world.

I feel like both games were introductions into something that could have been really good. Looking back, they give me OG assassins creed vibes.

I dont think Ryse should have gotten anything below a 7. It was an average game with above average presentation. The Order looked like a 5 or 6 to me- a slightly below average game with above average presentation.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I really liked the Order. It's issue was it was way, way too short, with not enough shooting segments. Had it been a 10-15 hour game, and not so cinematic, it might've been received a lot better. Had amazing worldbuilding though, and the story was pretty good as well.

I haven't played Ryse yet, so I don't have an opinion on that.

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
The Order is still shit. For a story focused cinematic game, having character writing and plot that bad is inexcusable.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I actually liked the order, but it was way too short. As soon as it started to pick up , the ending came out of nowhere.

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I enjoyed Ryse,

Combat was simple, but had a nice rhythm to it.

plus I loved the story. As a person with a vague knowledge of Roman History, I love how it basically said 'fuck it' - NERO WITH TWO SONS, BOUDICCA WITH WAR ELEPHANTS IN ROME, GODS, RESSURECTION

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
Ryse still looks decent on PC but its gameplay is rather bland and the Kinect roots are clear. You see nearly all it has to offer after about an hour.

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
Ryse is simple but decently fun and doesn't overstay its welcome.

The Order sucks all around and isn't worth the time to complete it.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I liked but didn't love Ryse, I don't think I beat it, but played a good chunk. The Order I don't think I ended up playing more than an hour or so, so it'd be hard to judge, but I have no desire to go back to it.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The Order did a really good job selling that world and it set the stage for them to make a killer sequel. The actual game was just too subpar and short for anyone to actually want to bother making a part 2, though. So much potential gone to waste.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Ryse was the worst game I had played until I played the Order. Both games had design choices that made them so goddamn terrible, if not unforgiveable.

With Ryse, the fact that every single kill had to be a QTE is literally the worst idea ever. You cannot have a 6-8 hour campaign and force the player to do a QTE like a 1000 times over the course of it. The actual game wasnt that bad. you had some good setpieces, boss fights at the end were fairly decent, there was a lot of gameplay sections unlike the fucking order, and I kinda liked the four different stances thing that they had going on. Just the QTE stuff was so bad i can simply never get over it.

The Order had better gameplay but there is only like 2 hours of it. I remember actually timing some of the non playable chapters and almost 45 minutes passed by once before i even pulled the trigger. either walking or cutscenes. entire chapters were cutscenes. the werewolf fights were atrocious and they make you do them like three times. which wouldnt be that bad if that wasnt like 30% of the gameplay. i am pretty sure out of the 12-15 chapters in the game, only 5 have real level progression where you go in explore and area and get into gunfights. the rest are basically walking sections or cutscene only chapters. and that to me is unforgiveable.

I can forgive games like Big Rigs or Anthem. bugs happen. games are rushed. But these are design decisions. Someone at Crytek thought that we need to have a QTE in a melee action game where you will kill 1000 people. Someone at RAD thought making an 6-8 hour campaign with 2-3 hours of actual combat was a good idea.

Seeing as how both games pretty much killed the studios in that they no longer make AAA games, I am convinced that these two are the worst games ever made.

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Ryse was a competent unmemorable experience that I've mostly forgotten.

The Order despite being only six hours long felt about three hours too long for me. That reused boss fight to end the game on really stung as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Ryse was very pretty and played competent, but evolved very little in my few hours with it. Lots and lots of slow mo, though!

1886 was just as, if not more stunning visually, and by the end was getting really cool but it took so long to get to what felt like the end of an "act 1" or midway point, and then just ends. I do wish they had another chance, or a semi-reboot.

Haven't played Ryse, but The Order was beautiful to look at, awful to play, and took about as long to finish as a wank.
Might want to get yourself checked at a doctor, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Only played The Order.

Loved the story, world, design aesthetics, but found the game itself quite badly designed.
It's been years so I can't recall the details, but I remember thinking constantly, "why did they do this this way?" Some of it was downright clunky.

For how refined the visuals were, it felt like a game that didn't have enough "Play" Testing to refine the elements that make a game fun.

Had no problem with the short length, in fact, I never even finished this :(

N7Commander01

Jan 2, 2020
Tokyo, Japan
I thought Ryse was the worst game I had played until I played the Order. Both games had design choices that made them so goddamn terrible, if not unforgiveable.

With Ryse, the fact that every single kill had to be a QTE is literally the worst idea ever. You cannot have a 6-8 hour campaign and force the player to do a QTE like a 1000 times over the course of it. The actual game wasnt that bad. you had some good setpieces, boss fights at the end were fairly decent, there was a lot of gameplay sections unlike the fucking order, and I kinda liked the four different stances thing that they had going on. Just the QTE stuff was so bad i can simply never get over it.

The Order had better gameplay but there is only like 2 hours of it. I remember actually timing some of the non playable chapters and almost 45 minutes passed by once before i even pulled the trigger. either walking or cutscenes. entire chapters were cutscenes. the werewolf fights were atrocious and they make you do them like three times. which wouldnt be that bad if that wasnt like 30% of the gameplay. i am pretty sure out of the 12-15 chapters in the game, only 5 have real level progression where you go in explore and area and get into gunfights. the rest are basically walking sections or cutscene only chapters. and that to me is unforgiveable.

I can forgive games like Big Rigs or Anthem. bugs happen. games are rushed. But these are design decisions. Someone at Crytek thought that we need to have a QTE in a melee action game where you will kill 1000 people. Someone at RAD thought making an 6-8 hour campaign with 2-3 hours of actual combat was a good idea.

Seeing as how both games pretty much killed the studios in that they no longer make AAA games, I am convinced that these two are the worst games ever made.

Uhhh, you didn't?

It's an optional finisher. You don't have to QTE to kill them