Do you still care about the MCU?

• never cared about these movies anyway

Votes: 162 12.3%
  • don't care anymore due to 2020 happening

Votes: 113 8.6%
  • End Game/FFH was the MCU finale for me, don't need more

Votes: 287 21.7%
  • can't wait for the next one (and they should have kept on going)

Votes: 263 19.9%
  • can't wait for the next one (but the MCU needed a time out)

Votes: 495 37.5%

• Total voters
why the poll isn't better
  • OP
    OP
    xyla

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
    Germany
    Hahaha.

The Disney+ series are going to crank the hype machine back up, big time.

1a3okg3yr2z31.png

I believe the MCU has at least 2 more "Infinity Saga" left in it. They can do the Fantastic 4, Dr. Doom, Wolverine, X-Men/Mutants, Silver Surfer, Galactus.. not to mention, Spiderman alone has a treasure trove of characters and villains to explore. If they can keep playing ball with Sony and keep Tom Holland on board, the Spiderman films will always be a huge success.

I'm not the most well versed in Marvel knowledge, but if they can take something like Guardians of the Galaxy and make it a knockout success, they can take any obscure Marvel property and run with it.

Me personally, I'd love to see more off-Earth, cosmic Marvel films.

I haven't seen this sheet in a while - there's so much on there that I'm interested in. Did we get any update on the release schedule? Will they simply push stuff from 2020 into 2021 and condense their releases for that year or will they stretch stuff from 2021 to 2022 and so on?

(should have kept going? Are you serious???).

The premise of this entire thread is flawed because of your poll options. You needed to think this one through.

Fair enough - English isn't my first language. What I wanted to say with "can't wait for the next one (and they should have kept on going)" was that you didn't need a break. "they" was in this case intended to relate to the movies and not to Marvel as the one going on with releasing movies. That should have not read like Marvel should have gone on pushing movies into cinemas during a pandemic.

Anyways - that poll doesn't hold any empiric value. I just included it for fun.

is this thread intended and used as a "the MCU is shit" echo chamber?
  • OP
    OP
    xyla

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
    Germany
    Then I'm probably over reacting, so apologies for that.

The poll could still be better though. :P

No worries - it shows that you feel pretty passionate about the MCU.

I checked, but there's nothing I can do anymore. I could only add more options at this point.

Thread feels weird and more like a lighthouse for people to go "finally, a place where I can shit on it".

Not what's going on at all. I haven't seen one person shitting on the MCU in here so far. Plenty indicating that this was my intention with this thread though.

And I guess that's that. Don't wanna go justify this thread all the time. If you feel that the poll isn't right, I've explained why above. If you feel like the thread was made with malice intent - it was not. I won't reply to these posts anymore.