Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this is worth a thread on it's own. I flagged this with spoilers so be warned.

y3LlozC.jpg

So two years ago the Strawhat Alliance broke into multiple groups for different goals. Luffy went to go get Sanji, while Zoro and Law went to Wano to get a headstart on Kaido's territory. Nekomamushi went to go get Marco's help, and some people remained on Zou just in case Kaido's men try to attack it again.

Specifically I want to talk about Zoro here. In the latest chapter, we see the "Kinemon team" in action for the first time in two years. Not only Zoro, but Robin, Usopp, Franky as well.

To hide from Kaido while waiting on the other groups to rendezvous with, all of hte Strawhats have taken on new identities in Wano. Zoro is "Zorojuro" the Ronin, who is being accused of being a graverobber of a legendary samurai due to the sword he holds as well as killing people on the street.

This samurai is non other than Ryuma, the zombie samurai that Zoro got his blade in a battle back in Thriller Bark. He's a legendary samurai of Wano, also seen in a oneshot Oda made before he made One Piece called Monsters.

CK3tPnS.png

Ryuma in the one-shot, as seen in his living form here.

Zoro is given the option to commit an honorable suicide, but he has something else on his mind...

JHAZbh0.png

In a callback to Zoro first battle with Mihawk, who is currently the strongest swordsman in the world, back in the very first saga of the series where Mihawk uses a knife to battle the three swords of Zoro (and defeats him).

PMAgJoC.png

In one of the most badass panels in manga in recent years, Zoro uses the knife he was given to commit suicide against his enemy. Unfortunately, this also exposes him as being worthy of Kaido's attention and possibly blows his cover. How will Kaido react?

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I forget we hadn't seen Zoro since Dom Flamingo

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God we're almost to the point where everybody is back together.

Except Jinbe because I'm not allowed nice things.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been so long I forgot Law went with them. Wonder where he at

Also why did the little Wano prince stay on Zou again?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Guess i have to catch up now ... i kinda left the manga during Big Moms arc because i simply couldn't stand the pacing there. Must be a whole year that i have to catch up. ^^

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
My boy Zoro

This was a really cool way to introduce him again indeed. Only problem was it felt a tiny bit rushed, probably because of Oda running out of pages/panels, which has happened a lot recently.

Techno

Powered by Friendship™
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was epic, been waiting for my man to show up for so long now. It was kinda funny seeing him preparing himself for execution - and then outta nowhere he merks the dude with a butter knife.

I'm hoping things kick off at Wano now.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
he cut a building in half (while attempting to wound/kill/slice in half that magistrate)

Law sliced an island in half

Mihawk can slice mountains and probably anything he likes

Can't wait until Zoro finally gets to show off what he's got. He hasn't done something this cool in years (don't mess with me Pika losers)

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Has Zoro ever been like fully healthy? I realize early on Zoro and Luffy were a bit overpowered compared to their competition, so he put them in bizarre situations to limit them, but Zoro is like always, always hurt.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious to me that people lost their shit when we saw the strawhats again after the timeskip when it's been an exponentially longer time since we've seen half the crew than during that month-long hiatus.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's hilarious to me that people lost their shit when we saw the strawhats again after the timeskip when it's been an exponentially longer time since we've seen half the crew than during that month-long hiatus.

Weren't they basically gone during almost the entire Impel Down and Marineford arcs though? How long was that?

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't they basically gone during almost the entire Impel Down and Marineford arcs though? How long was that?

I'm going off the fact that we still had chapters with the rest of the crew during the Whitebeard's War saga, buuut if you want to compare it's pretty close. WCI was 80+ chapters, so that's not quite as bad as the Whitebeard Saga which was 108 (Although, that includes sabody).

Dressrosa was 102 chapters, but the whole crew was there for a significant portion of it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That panel is so fucking beautiful, god it's so good to have him and the others back

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be so dope in the anime, I wanna hear what the woman is playing lol

I don't know what the onomotopiea was, but I assumed it was a very tense, terse shamisen pluckin'. Like in the beginning of this scene.

like one of those slow buildups to faster and faster picks to accentuate a tense situation.

Last edited:

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck it's been 2 years.

Damn time is flying faster than ever these days. D:

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Zoro doing what he does best beating fodder.

Hopefully he's aloud to get a proper fight within the next 2 years

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I just finished the Skypiea arc

Can't wait to watch this scene in the anime when I'm retired

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
WOW I completely forgot that it has been 2 years since we last saw him. Anyway it awesome to see Zoro back <3

crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Oda changes the status quo and have Zoro take down a boss instead of Luffy. I havent followed the story since Dressrosa but why are they searching for Marco? Gonna jump in when Big Mom arc finishes in the anime.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece has arguably the greatest team reunions in Shonen history. When they team back up? It's gonna be amazing.