• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stooge

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Had a blast

The kiss spot with Dustin was some shit I expect out of WWE. Turned the section I was in off for a while.

Also, AEW had some drunk fuckers near the ring in the stands that were catcalling the women. Don't k ow what they can do but it was distracting.

Sat right next to Jurassic express most of the show and jungle boy legit freaked out at a couple of missed spots, especially Darby.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mention tag team because I was specifically talking about the top of the card, the men singles heavyweight championship.

I get it, but it makes sense to have well-known names headline a company less than a year old.

We're talking about only the second AEW world champ...ever. There's plenty of time to put non-WWE guys in the top spot. And it'll happen.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
It's really not surprising. When they release the ratings breakdowns, Moxley, Jericho, and Cody pretty much always gain viewers.
Basically nobody else in the company does that consistently. Gee, I wonder who it makes sense to feature as the top guys right off the bat?

Even just looking on their youtube channel the only people to crack 1m views are Moxley, Jericho, and barely Cody.

The next biggest viewer draw is, the man, Orange Cassidy.

All of the big names are doing a terrific job of building the lesser known guys as well as the company.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Didn't know he had a history.

My bad.

Yeahhhhh, it was pretty rough for a long while there. Had real bad public addiction problems, arrests, was putting out weird cryptic twitter videos and threatening to kill himself. Legit thought he wouldn't make it at some points.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I love how JR seemingly went from wtf is this when he first saw OC to now loving him like he's his grandson.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
I get it, but it makes sense to have well-known names headline a company less than a year old.

We're talking about only the second AEW world champ...ever. There's plenty of time to put non-WWE guys in the top spot. And it'll happen.

I think what I said is being taken as a big knock on AEW that I'm not meaning it to be. I was there live when the title was revealed and I was there live when Jericho won it. I'm a big fan. I'm just making an observation.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think what I said is being taken as a big knock on AEW that I'm not meaning it to be. I was there live when the title was revealed and I was there live when Jericho won it. I'm a big fan. I'm just making an observation.
It's also should be noted that both Moxely and Jericho reinvented themselves. Neither were just transplanted as their exact personalities. Two guys who deserve more credit than they got in WWE get solid runs with the title. It's not like they plopped Hulk Hogan in doing his Hulkamania shit and are doing a redo of WWE. If they had come to AEW and sucked, they wouldn't be champs.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
i laughed my ass off when he started smiling. completely out of character but perfect in the moment.
I don't know, I think OC's whole gimmick is that he knows he's screwing with people and would laugh at that in character.

The bad chops and kicks, while also funny, he's getting his opponents into a false sense of security and screwing with their head.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Good show but it didn't live up to my personal hype. Bucks vs. Omega/Page was MOTY material, Sammy and Darby killed each other, Orange Cassidy vs. PAC was mega hot, and Mox walked out with the title. Other three matches were serviceable. I agree with whoever said Cody/MJF and Dustin/Hager should have been brawls/fights. Dustin/Hager should have been much shorter too. I liked Nyla vs. Statlander. Thought they had the crowd with them in the end.

But yeah, the two Rhodes bros. matches were the only misfires on the show for me, and they left a bad taste in my mouth overall to make me say the show didn't live up to my hype.

I liked Mox's promo even if it wasn't perfect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
*claps hands*

Alright guys, who's excited for Elimination Chamber next week? Anybody? No?

What if I told you you can see Braun Strowman vs. Nakamura, Sami Zayn, AND Cesaro all at once?

Still no?

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I didn't watch but it looked like a good show. I will probably order Double or Nothing. With no football on (no XFL does not count), I need something to look forward to and pro wrestling works in the spring and summer months.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Posting in this thread without having seen the final two matches just to complain that I gave BR Live one shot tonight and it's been nothing but misery. No app for LG. No app for PS4. The mobile app is awful and trying to use it after connecting it to my TV was impossible. Thankfully my PC is also hooked up to my TV, but I came back to the show later and got 2 minutes into the Orange Cassidy match before the video ended because it hit midnight ET and now I'm stuck on "Stay tuned. A replay of this event will become available shortly." It's been an hour. But also the video is clearly playing the entire PPV behind that "stay tuned" text, I'm just not allowed to click on anything. The whole thing sucks and next time I'm using FITE.

Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten what a good wrestling show really felt like.

That was amazing. I feel like a couple of the finishes were oddly timed or felt a bit off but otherwise everything was amazing.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao Brandi said in her post-media scrum with Dustin that she doesn't like the tattoo either.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

giphy.gif

Lmao Brandi said in her post-media scrum with Dustin that she doesn't like the tattoo either.
Punished Cody

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmao Khan said the War Games match will be called a "Blood and Guts" match

I thought that was just the show title. lol

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dustin & QT will be a tag team going forward. Called the Natural Nightmares. Managed by Brandi.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Great show, OC going off was worth it alone.

I feel awful for Statlander though. It pains me to know that was a lot of folks' introduction to her. Easily the worst match she's ever had, she could hardly stand. Please only return when you're 100 percent, you deserve so much better.

Would have been the best women's match yet if Kris hasn't had the flu for a week leading up to tonight. Her and Nyla going full force is a rematch that absolutely needs to happen

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
There were some lows, but it was a great show overall.

Glad it was the first PPV I paid for.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lmao the absolute state of panic Tony goes into when someone brings up Matt Hardy

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
outside of the opener, Show was incredible.

*claps hands*

Alright guys, who's excited for Elimination Chamber next week? Anybody? No?

What if I told you you can see Braun Strowman vs. Nakamura, Sami Zayn, AND Cesaro all at once?

Still no?
I was driving back from watching the show with some friends tonight, and saw a billboard that Chamber was next week, in Philly.
I've seen nothing about the show happening here before

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great show, OC going off was worth it alone.

I feel awful for Statlander though. It pains me to know that was a lot of folks' introduction to her. Easily the worst match she's ever had, she could hardly stand. Please only return when you're 100 percent, you deserve so much better.

Would have been the best women's match yet if Kris hasn't had the flu for a week leading up to tonight. Her and Nyla going full force is a rematch that absolutely needs to happen
Agreed. For everyone I watched the ppv with, that was her intro after me hyping her up. I mentioned the flu so I tried to curb expectations.

she came out with bags under her eyes and I knew it would be bad.

massive props for doing her best and not having two title matches cancelled though.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I caught up with some of the show and there simply can't be a better match to come than that fucking tag match. Holy shit. Going to bed so that the rest of it won't be a disappointment and I can watch with a fresh set of eyeballs.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got home from Revolution dead ass tired but a great night I'll get pics and stuff tomorrow either in this thread or the AEW OT