kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After today, I think I'm on the "Brodie Lee is the Exalted One" bandwagon.

Or not.

I dunno what to believe.

I'm veering away from the idea of it being Matt though.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone who hasn't listened to it, the Tony Khan post-Revolution media scrum is well worth 30 minutes of your time. This man LOVES pro wrestling while having an amazing mind for business at the same time.

Last question is about the video game. He says they're exploring options. By the sounds of it, they want to do more than one game, which probably means we'll see something on mobile as well.

I love his enthusiasm and creativity, but man I need to rewind every so often because he talks so damn fast! I legit think he has ADHD, his nervous talking reminds me very much of my own.

ADHD people are awesome lateral thinkers and tend to be quite creative. It lines up. Would've been his ideas to look at the CD botch and the DO punching botch and run with them.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I'll legit be annoyed if they don't do the reveal tonight. Building forever is just going to lead to disappointment. If they don't do a full reveal -- at least put us on a path with some good clues. Let off the pressure a little bit. This either makes or breaks the thing, honestly.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I thought it's been pretty clear, she's an alien in human form (or so she says), being weird and she apparently has extraterrestrial strength.

There's a mysterious competent to it, if she is or isn't is part of the appeal

There hasn't been a single promo to establish that on Dynamite though. Outside Excalibur occasionally mentioning it in a joking manner before getting shut down, those details have largely been glossed over or ignored.

The crowd is into Stat because she's awesome, charismatic, the space aesthetic is cool, and the booping is fun. But her actual character hasn't been developed or explained at all

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
When I wake up tomorrow and come on here after watching Dynamite, I'm either gonna have a happy thread or a miserable thread to read.

Which do I want most?

πŸ€”

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
oh man. i'd be so hyped for some brodie lee tonight. one of my faves that will finally get the recognition he deserves in the right company. man, this fucking company just is on fire right now

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
If you follow him on Twitter, he's liked tweets from other wrestlers and accounts that MJF the character never would.

I have no doubt he's playing an exaggerated version of himself, but he's not 100% asshole.
He reminds me of a buddy of mine I used to know in the service. I loved the guy. Genuinely loved the dude. But he was a Jersey asshole through and through. He was loud, abrasive, and really quick with clever insults. He got into a lot of fights.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There hasn't been a single promo to establish that on Dynamite though. Outside Excalibur occasionally mentioning it in a joking manner before getting shut down, those details have largely been glossed over or ignored.

The crowd is into Stat because she's awesome, charismatic, the space aesthetic is cool, and the booping is fun. But her actual character hasn't been developed or explained at all
They should do a better job of promoting her and pushing the gimmick, I agree. I just thought at least that much has been established since the commentators have outlined it a few times.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see that happening. I think "MJF" is just a heightened version of who he really is. He's a dick, and he leans into it.

I don't think he can be face. I don't think he's really playing a gimmick

He can be a face without changing his character. They just gotta point that vitriol at the right person.

Yeah, instead of Statlander's character getting developed we got Nightmare Collective nonsense the first few times she showed up.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Super hyped for Dynamite tonight.

It's crazy to think that, as great as the show has been this past couple of weeks, they're about to get an influx of talent on top of all that with Archer, Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee hopefully debuting soon. It's a super exciting time to be a wrestling fan.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
If you follow him on Twitter, he's liked tweets from other wrestlers and accounts that MJF the character never would.

I have no doubt he's playing an exaggerated version of himself, but he's not 100% asshole.
In the wrestlers eating room service with SCU, Scorpio tells a story about one time he felt he performed really badly and threw his elbow w pad to the floor and MJF picked it up and asked ",Are you OK? " and Sky just knocked it out of his hands

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
There was an Observer radio where Dave just nonchalantly mentioned that he'd been talking to MJF about how much the Bucks were like a modern Midnight Express, dude is a wrestling nerd if nothing else.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Posting these now their both available to order on FITE and a lot of people just made FITE accounts.

www.fite.tv

β–· Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 2020 - Official PPV Live Stream

Official PPV Live Stream: βœ“ Game Changer Wrestling βœ“ Pro Wrestling, Events βœ“ LIVE Apr 2, 8PM ET/5PM PT βœ“ Josh Barnett "The Warmaster" βœ“ The Cuban Club βœ“ 2010 N Avenida Republica de Cuba, Tampa, FL 33605, United States βœ“ Lineup: Bloodsport Superfight Jon Moxley vs Josh Barnett Free Match Josh...

Headlined by the AEW World Champion Jon Moxley, also featuring Jeff Cobb and Minoru fucking Suzuki. Suzuki faces Chris Dickinson.

www.fite.tv

β–· Joey Janela's Spring Break 4 - Official Replay

Official Replay: βœ“ Game Changer Wrestling βœ“ Pro Wrestling, Events βœ“ LIVE Oct 10, 7PM ET/4PM PT βœ“ Alex Shelley, Jonathan Gresham, Dezmond Xavier, Ricky Morton, Joey Janela, Matt Tremont, Alex Colon, Tony Deppen, Ethan Page, Zachary Wentz, Trey Miguel, Lee Moriarty βœ“ Marion County Fairgrounds βœ“...

The main event is Orange Cassidy vs Minoru fucking Suzuki.

Will Ospreay and Alex Shelley are also announced for the show. Alex Shelley faces Tony Deppen.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The closest I've seen to MJF being out of character is an interview he did with his local news. Even there he's somewhat in character but just toned down a bit.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I love his enthusiasm and creativity, but man I need to rewind every so often because he talks so damn fast! I legit think he has ADHD, his nervous talking reminds me very much of my own.

ADHD people are awesome lateral thinkers and tend to be quite creative. It lines up. Would've been his ideas to look at the CD botch and the DO punching botch and run with them.

I get a similar feeling. I'm not one to diagnose a public figure or anyone else, but I definitely get the sense he's on some kind of spectrum and it's goddamn awesome that it's HIS mind behind AEW. As Tony goes, so goes AEW.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Yeah, it's a work, just about.

If he was 100% fucking asshole, aew as a company, and the diverse roster would roast him and fuck him off by now.

Oh and guys, it's either matt or Brodie being the exalted one. But imho its matt with brodie his second in command. Or maybe even the second cult leader.

Both are 100% primed for roles like these and both were born to be part of groups like dark order. It's like fucking Robert Downey Jr and Ryan Reynolds playing Iron man and Deadpool. They can inhabit them characters and make absolute gold from them. Both suffered years of trudging through shit to get a chance like this.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
For anyone who hasn't listened to it, the Tony Khan post-Revolution media scrum is well worth 30 minutes of your time. This man LOVES pro wrestling while having an amazing mind for business at the same time.

Last question is about the video game. He says they're exploring options. By the sounds of it, they want to do more than one game, which probably means we'll see something on mobile as well.

Fire Pro DLC would be nice.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
There's a reason why that horrible man called Jim Cornette, of all the things that he hates and despises of AEW, he is absolutely in love of MJF

He keeps kayfabe old school territory style, and that's why he is so beliveable.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Bold Predictions (that have no chance of being true)
- Who loses every match? Who gets bossed around by the Bucks on BTE? Who is forced to take the pin from snot nosed kids after the shows? The Exalted One is Brandon Cutler.

- Darby turns on Moxley, joining the Inner Circle. Sammy is kicked out. Double turn.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I'm willing to bet Matt Hardy (if signed etc;) is going to feud with the Dark Order, to help continue getting them over as opposed to being apart of them.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
He is not, go search for what he did to Allie Kat, his exgf.

Is there anything more than him pulling the rug out from under her? It's super shitty that she moved everything to be with him and then all of a sudden he tells her that he doesn't want to be in a relationship but I'm not seeing any record of abuse or anything like that right…? It's shitty shitty behavior though

Darkline

Jul 1, 2019
ldn
I don't see that happening. I think "MJF" is just a heightened version of who he really is. He's a dick, and he leans into it.

Im not sure! There's an interview on YouTube somewhere where he's out of character and comes across almost shy and very self deprecating and just seems like a chill dude.

Would make his work all the more impressive imo

Oct 25, 2017
Danhausen is awesome but seems a bit incongruent with the rest of the dark order stuff. Feel that way about it being Matt hardy now too.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Posting these now their both available to order on FITE and a lot of people just made FITE accounts.

www.fite.tv

β–· Josh Barnett's Bloodsport 2020 - Official PPV Live Stream

Official PPV Live Stream: βœ“ Game Changer Wrestling βœ“ Pro Wrestling, Events βœ“ LIVE Apr 2, 8PM ET/5PM PT βœ“ Josh Barnett "The Warmaster" βœ“ The Cuban Club βœ“ 2010 N Avenida Republica de Cuba, Tampa, FL 33605, United States βœ“ Lineup: Bloodsport Superfight Jon Moxley vs Josh Barnett Free Match Josh...

Headlined by the AEW World Champion Jon Moxley, also featuring Jeff Cobb and Minoru fucking Suzuki. Suzuki faces Chris Dickinson.

www.fite.tv

β–· Joey Janela's Spring Break 4 - Official Replay

Official Replay: βœ“ Game Changer Wrestling βœ“ Pro Wrestling, Events βœ“ LIVE Oct 10, 7PM ET/4PM PT βœ“ Alex Shelley, Jonathan Gresham, Dezmond Xavier, Ricky Morton, Joey Janela, Matt Tremont, Alex Colon, Tony Deppen, Ethan Page, Zachary Wentz, Trey Miguel, Lee Moriarty βœ“ Marion County Fairgrounds βœ“...

The main event is Orange Cassidy vs Minoru fucking Suzuki.

Will Ospreay and Alex Shelley are also announced for the show. Alex Shelley faces Tony Deppen.
Orange/Suzuki is not the main event it's just a match on the card

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
Bold Predictions (that have no chance of being true)
- Who loses every match? Who gets bossed around by the Bucks on BTE? Who is forced to take the pin from snot nosed kids after the shows? The Exalted One is Brandon Cutler.

- Darby turns on Moxley, joining the Inner Circle. Sammy is kicked out. Double turn.

I'm all in on the Cutler theory. He's the textbook of those early promos (unwanted, looked down on, alone).

Don't think a Darby turn, but I'd like to see him get Raven as a manager - type and potentially build to a new Flock stable.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there are a couple shoot interviews with MJF and he seems like a really nice dude.

Specifically this one where he calls himself, and I quote, a "neurotic, anxiety Jewish-ridden kid".

Also I would fucking die if Danhausen was the Exalted One. That would be amazing.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Final Moments of the show:

After a great tag match between jericho/sammy and mox/darby, the Dark Order appears, destroying everyone, then the elite appears, and more dark order goons appear and they beat everyone. Dustin and QT appears but they were ambushed in the back by more goons, you can see bodies everywere, and then the goons pile up the bodies and Evil Uno sits on the body pile like Thanos in Endgame.

He says the Exalted One was waiting for this moment a long time ago, even since All In, watching how The Elite and AEW crumbles and now The Dark Order will build something new over all the rubble and start a new generation.

He says now will introduce The Exalted one, the moment you all were waiting is here, the camera makes a close up to Evil Uno's face and he says The Exalted One is...

You, the AEW Universe, SO CALL NOW TO THE AEW HOTLINE 188-DYNAMITE TO TELL THE DARK ORDER WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE NEXT MOVE OF THIS EVIL ORGANIZATION... AN EVIL ORGANIZATION WHICH LEADER IS YOU, CALL NOW EXALTED ONE, EVIL IS WAITING FOR YOUR ORDERS.

*10 dollar/minute charges for the call*