• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will it be...

• The Final Countdown

Votes: 78 47.9%
  • Flight of the Valkyries

Votes: 85 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Just seeing it mentioned, I forgot the PAC/Andrade match was supposed to happen by the end of the show. I wonder where it would have fit in as the show had really good pacing & I guess maybe the battle royale or something else got a little more time since that didn't happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but they couldn't have done the Cole/Danielson thing at the end if they were pulling the trigger on Hangman now. Unless the idea was for him to lose.
I am happy that in AEW Bryan can get the long title reign he deserved in 2014. Hopefully another Upcomer dethrones Omega tho.

Hangman besting Omega, then Andrade then Bryan would be good

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am happy that in AEW Bryan can get the long title reign he deserved in 2014. Hopefully another Upcomer dethrones Omega tho.

I still think it will be:

Omega - Hangman - MJF - Darby

Makes the most sense since AEW tend to have long world title reigns so Darby wouldn't be winning it under this route for another 1.5/2 years.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Just seeing it mentioned, I forgot the PAC/Andrade match was supposed to happen by the end of the show. I wonder where it would have fit in as the show had really good pacing & I guess maybe the battle royale or something else got a little more time since that didn't happen.
The Battle Royale was meant to be pre show.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
I am 36 years old. It's Tuesday in Australia. I'm currently watching a 1.5hr media scrum. I just watched 4 hours of a PPV. Prior to that I watched 3 hours of wrestling over the weekend.

What the fuck is going I feel like I am twelve again. That's 8 hours of wrestling content in a few days, and I am fucking hooked. It's like I'm realising I never fell out of love with wrestling, it was the wrestlings fault.

Now the wrestling is good, and I am glad.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big proponent of the world title going on last, but at the conclusion of Kenny/Christian I wrote that they should've swapped that match with Punk/Darby on the card.

I was wrong. With the aftermath it was absolutely the right call to put those matches in those spots on the card. I actually don't really know if I would change the order of anything. Miro/Eddie and Mox/Kojima were two slugfests in a row, but I really don't know how you move them around without disrupting the flow elsewhere on the card. Miro/Eddie is a perfect opener and Mox/Kojima gave us a surprise appearance early on in the card. (with Ruby anchoring the middle and Cole/Bryan at the end)

And yes, the Battle Royale should've always been on the main show.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Especially hated that one guy who told Punk he seemed like he was blown up in the match. Dude's been out of the ring for 7 years.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised by that take. I could understand making a lil' joke or something after Punk asked the media figures if he did alright after a 7 year absence (e.g. "tbh, i started to think maybe you were telling the truth when you said you quit professional wrestling back in 2005..." or whatever lol), but... oy vey. After his match w/ Darby concluded, my first thought was absolutely not "gee, this guy sure looks like he hasn't wrestled in a while."

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am 36 years old. It's Tuesday in Australia. I'm currently watching a 1.5hr media scrum. I just watched 4 hours of a PPV. Prior to that I watched 3 hours of wrestling over the weekend.

What the fuck is going I feel like I am twelve again. That's 8 hours of wrestling content in a few days, and I am fucking hooked. It's like I'm realising I never fell out of love with wrestling, it was the wrestlings fault.

Now the wrestling is good, and I am glad.
I'm a fellow old (36 too) and while I have been following AEW day 1, the hype the last few months has increased by wrestling YouTube habits quite a bit.

I would typically watch Cultaholic and WOR after shows but due to me wanting even more content I have gone back to watching wrestletalk, whatculture and started watching Various Fightful shows.

Feels good to be excited and following along as a company I believe in hopefully continues to grow into something bigger.

Nov 17, 2017
Somehow avoided all spoilers and just finished watching the show.

Holy. Fuck.

What an amazing PPV - loved all of it (Although I did skip Wight Vs QT)

This is why I love professional wrestling. So fucking good.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
hearing Punk and Danielson talk about how the Brodie Lee tribute and respect to the family's privacy led me to rewatch the show and final package along with the BTE tribute as well. Such an emotional show. Still tear up a lot watching the show.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I watched this last night at a Cinemark theater with a bunch of friends, the show was about three maybe four minutes behind I found out later, but all things being said that did not matter too much. I am not going to jump on the hyperbole train and say this is the greatest pay-per-view of all time. What I will say is that this is the first time that I can remember in a long time and I have left in event feeling that good. If this show gets people saying "this is the reason they love pro wrestling," I'm not going to fault them for that opinion because last night was that good. even if Full Gear cannot reach these heights, I am still going to order the next pay-per-view if for no other reason then they have earned it based on this one we all just watched.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
hearing Punk and Danielson talk about how the Brodie Lee tribute and respect to the family's privacy led me to rewatch the show and final package along with the BTE tribute as well. Such an emotional show. Still tear up a lot watching the show.
Watching the 'Thanks to dailys place' video package they did when they started touring again always gets me choked up when it gets to the Brodie tribute show portion. Seeing Miro breaking down hits pretty damn hard.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
I'm a fellow old (36 too) and while I have been following AEW day 1, the hype the last few months has increased by wrestling YouTube habits quite a bit.

I would typically watch Cultaholic and WOR after shows but due to me wanting even more content I have gone back to watching wrestletalk, whatculture and started watching Various Fightful shows.

Feels good to be excited and following along as a company I believe in hopefully continues to grow into something bigger.

I had loosely kept the wrestling dream alive through listening to podcasts and reminiscing about when it was "good" and all the crazy shit behind the scenes, and I have had brief flirtations with WWE, TNA, NJPW since my die hard days, but it never hooked me.

AEW has me now because I WANT them to succeed, because they are GOOD. No Vince, No Hogan, no carnies in the background pulling the strings to keep the spotlight on them. I love it.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
The Brodie Lee tribute show I hold up on the same level as the Ryan Davis from Giant Bomb tribute show. I have listened/watched it one time, cried like a baby, and never watched it again

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had loosely kept the wrestling dream alive through listening to podcasts and reminiscing about when it was "good" and all the crazy shit behind the scenes, and I have had brief flirtations with WWE, TNA, NJPW since my die hard days, but it never hooked me.

AEW has me now because I WANT them to succeed, because they are GOOD. No Vince, No Hogan, no carnies in the background pulling the strings to keep the spotlight on them. I love it.
Yeah I was heavily into WWE as a teenager during the attitude era, dropped off for a few years after finishing secondary school, started watching it again but really got into TNA when it started getting really good and ended up stopping watching WWE for good back then.

TNA became shit because of Hogan et Al so I stopped watching wrestling altogether and just kept up to date via the internet.

Aew was something I was instantly excited for and have been following it since All In. I also massively appreciate they try to be an inclusive and welcoming company and since I now would never go back to WWE because of what a monster Vince is, it's good to have a company that excites me and I don't find morally repugnant.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017

Sorry to say but that's not happening. Instead after Hangman we are going to get a 5 year reign by MJF who will go down as the greatest AEW World Champion of all time.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for getting into AEW for someone with no pro wrestling experience?

Step 1. Watch Dynamite 🧨 and Rampage⚡️
Step 2. Enjoy!

Optional but encouraged: Join us in the AEW OT on Wednesdays and Fridays for a watch along!

If you find yourself wanting more, they do two YouTube shows in Dark and Dark Elevation that are more about showcasing up and coming or unsigned talent or keeping established talent busy.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
listening to busted open. Bubba Ray said you could not have asked for a better Wrestling City for this past week.

Feels good man, feels god damn good to have been a part of that lol

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to say but that's not happening. Instead after Hangman we are going to get a 5 year reign by MJF who will go down as the greatest AEW World Champion of all time.

My fantasy booking has Hangman beating Kenny, MJF beating Hangman, and then Eddie beating MJF. After years of grinding Eddie finally gets his due in a crazy feel good moment.

That, and Eddie/MJF may be my most anticipated feud at this point.

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
listening to busted open. Bubba Ray said you could not have asked for a better Wrestling City for this past week.

Feels good man, feels god damn good to have been a part of that lol
Yeah Chicago has to be considered now one of the top spots for Wrestling even though it was already. You guys where great and you could feel the energy all show.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah Chicago has to be considered now one of the top spots for Wrestling even though it was already. You guys where great and you could feel the energy all show.

I can't believe they didn't book that at the UC, they could have EASILY sold that at the united center.

I'm guessing it was a contract issue, you probably just can't be like....yes, sorry NOW we need tom change our venue due to demand.

Probably massive contract penalty if they pulled out.

Guarantee next PPV in chicago is at the UC

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
My fantasy booking has Hangman beating Kenny, MJF beating Hangman, and then Eddie beating MJF. After years of grinding Eddie finally gets his due in a crazy feel good moment.

That, and Eddie/MJF may be my most anticipated feud at this point.
Reason I need a 5 year reign by MJF lol.

I want to see MJF vs

Eddie Kingston, Danielson, Cm Punk, Miro, Wardlow, Adam Cole, Pac, Darby, Sammy, Starks, Omega, Christian, Malakai and even Cody for a redemption story.

MJF as champ is going to be magical!!!

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Chicago has ranked as one, if not the best city for wrestling for decades. Its not a coincidence AEW targeted it first. WWE has been giving them their B+ tier PPVs for years, while jamming more of their A tier PPVs down southeast.

Last edited:

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can't believe they didn't book that at the UC, they could have EASILY sold that at the united center.

I'm guessing it was a contract issue, you probably just can't be like....yes, sorry NOW we need tom change our venue due to demand.

Probably massive contract penalty if they pulled out.

Guarantee next PPV in chicago is at the UC
We have to remember that AEW have only just started touring again and these events have to be planned in advance. Coming out of the pandemic it must have been hard to determine what sort of attendance they could get out the gate so probably went conservative with All out.

Of course we now know that the average for dynamites are at least 5.5k for August and for big events they can easily do more than 10k so I suspect we will start seeing more 15k+ sized events coming for PPVs and other big shows.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC is gonna be better on the 22nd. Enjoy it while it lasts Chicago 😂

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope a stadium with oh.....12k more capacity can pop louder boy, if you can't don't come back to this OT ever

😉
Oh I'm not in New York. Just they are generally the hypest crowd. Chicago is great though. You guys deserve a lot of respect for staying hype and popping for Kojima and Suzuki last night. I'm in Dallas which is also usually a great crowd with a long wrestling history.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I'm not in New York. Just they are generally the hypest crowd. Chicago is great though. You guys deserve a lot of respect for staying hype and popping for Kojima and Suzuki last night. I'm in Dallas which is also usually a great crowd with a long wrestling history.

As long as the wrestling cities hold for AEW.....its going to be a great night on TV no matter what.

I hope New York goes insane for Danielson and the like. No one wants a stale crowd period.

amphteamints

Aug 21, 2018
Unfortunately, Milwaukee
Chicago has ranked as one, if not the best city for wrestling for decades. Its not a coincidence AEW targeted it first. WWE has been giving them their B+ tier PPVs for years, while jamming more of their A tier PPVs down southeast.
obligatory:

florida-bugs-bunny.gif

on topic though- shit was fire as fuck last night.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
I definitely agree with this.

A good example is Wardlow, I have seen people complain about them not having him turn yet but it's simply not time yet. They have planted a few seeds and will ramp it up when they are ready, probably once MJF beats Hangman for the title and they have a face Wardlow go against MJF.

I really appreciate the amount of time AEW puts into stories, hangman wouldn't feel nearly as over and endearing if they hadn't spent so much time developing his story and making us care.
Hangman is actually the perfect name to bring up with all this. Even here there was so much doom and gloom about his push being over when he lost that tag match with the DO to the Elite and lost his shot.

But here's the rub. I think what we ended up with for this show is better than what we would have got (and I wasn't that bullish on Christian at the start). Hangman isn't at the point in the story where he's ready to carry that title yet. He's learned to accept that he can move on from the Elite and started to accept friendship again, but he's still paralyzed by fear of failure. They were building to failure. Kenny still has too much to do as champion.

Christian beating Kenny again would have been huge, but it wouldn't have meant what Hangman doing it is going to mean. Having that taken away (for NOW, fellow marks) would have made those beatdowns and debuts just a little bittersweet. For as brutal as Adam Cole running out for Hangman's rescue only to betray him would have felt in kayfabe having Danielson standing triumphant after that loss would have felt like Page was being sidelined even if it was never the case.

Sometimes wrestling is capitalizing on a moment sure, but there's an art form to making us want that moment more.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Any tips for getting into AEW for someone with no pro wrestling experience?
Quite frankly, last night's PPV is an amazing "jump in' point for AEW. Of course, there's been great matches that we can list to go back and enjoy, but as far as stories and characters, starting at All Out and watching the weekly programs going forward is an awesome way to get into AEW right now. Anything that would need knowledge from earlier shows, such as when Hangman returns or why Britt and Rosa will have such animosity once they go back to that feud, will be explained by the announcers, video packages, and in promos from the wrestlers themselves.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a reason why certain cities have better crowds than others?

Hardcore fans who want be a part of the show and understand what crowds do for wrestling vs. casuals who pay for a ticket to sit on their hands and give light pops for the easy material. Funny enough, back before kayfabe was dead, the casuals WERE the ravenous, crazy bunch. During the Monday night wars/attitude era there was a healthier mix, hence those late 90s pops.