• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn has been on my shelf for just under 4 years and I've yet to play it.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I immediately tried to shoot Diana Burnwood upon loading the Mendoza level...
I shall atone for my sins at the church in Sapienza.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I have one platinum trophy, it's for HZD. I still thought it was hard in bits though to be fair I kind of can't handle learning all the techniques traps shit like that.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the FFVI mobile port came out, I've replayed it maybe 8 different times and have grown fond of the new sprites........to the point I likely wouldn't replay the SNES version ever. I don't consider it a sin, but I'm damn sure 99% of ERA does.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I don't seek out finishing achievements. I look at the ones that show progression to see how many people finish games. It's usually relatively low.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
When I began my first dating, I sold my PSP and 3DS because I believed I wouldn't have more time for gaming. This girlfriend cheated on me twice and I regret deeply, I miss my consoles :(

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I like to play games with cheats enabled. There just isn't enough time nowadays to play and grind through games with so much more responsibility.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
There's an embarassing list of games I've almost completed but dropped, like, inches away from the ending
PS I have no regrets

Bobo

Jan 25, 2019
For most RPGs I care very little about actually building a character. I just want to do the combat, click a button to auto assign the best gear and move on. The more menus I have to go through, the less interested I become. The moment a game makes me choose a class for a character I get overwhelmed.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Owned every nintendo console except the switch and never played a second of Zelda or Metroid and I love both genres.

Johnzyboi

Nov 10, 2018
I bought a ps4 near launch and the only first party game I bought was the Nathan Drake Collection and I didn't like it.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I play the Persona games on the easiest difficulty so I can skip the combat as quickly as possible. I would 100% prefer it if the games didn't have combat at all.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I have played and love every single 3D Zelda including Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Easily 9+/10 games. I get the impression this is not common on ERA.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost exclusively play on easy now. I don't have the time I did when I was a kid/teen/college student to get good. I just want a fun roller coaster at this point.

SabinFigaro

Oct 27, 2017
I love the 90s PC shooters like Doom, DN3D and their ilk. I can hardly imagine the obscene hours I've put into them. Probably thousands. Hundreds and hundreds on Doom and Doom II alone.

Until this past year, in all my years of playing Doom and Doom II, I have never played them without cheats. Only recently did I do so (and on UV difficulty I might add) for the trophies on PS3 (BFG Edition).

Doom has always been more about quick pick up and play for me, so cheats were always a thing. Same goes for DN3D (only played it cheat-free a few years back) and other retro shooters.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I have close to zero interest in most of the Sony IPs, and have never beat any of their mainline exclusives.

PS. The one and only playstation I had was the first, which I quite liked because of games such as Crash, Spyro and Tony Hawks Pro Skater

Last edited:

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
Remember that time Microsoft gave away Injustice in a South American country, I think Chile? well, I did the thing, I made a foreign gamertag and downloaded the game for free. I remember shortly after that a huge wave of console bans started and got scared my xbox would get banned. After that I never again did that thing, besides, abusing regional pricing is an asshole thing to do.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Most of the games I haven't beaten, I restart and then get bored doing what I've already done rather than picking up from save data since I might have forgotten story beats.

My greatest sin for this, Chrono trigger. I quit every time I get to the future it kills my interest

Valentonis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 8, 2020
I love The Last of Us Part 1 but I never actually played it, I just watched a longplay on Youtube like it was a movie.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Never been able to make it through Chrono Trigger. I love JRPGs, but I always give up on it. Tried it on SNES, ds and PC

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
With some exceptions, I think open world games are boring. If there is a satisfying traversal solution, it can works. Horses or others beast like that, no more please.
As someone who plays MMORPG's a lot, it felt like dailies the game.
It's what the game is basically.
Years ago I took my fully working, pristine condition Dreamcast, Gamecube and modded 60hz Saturn to the recycling centre and left them there amongst all the broken TVs and washing machines :(
Oh wow... Why?
I got a refund for Outer Wilds after 9 minutes of playtime today. Just got the feeling it wasn't for me.
Sad, you have not even start the game. And the prologue is not awesome.
I will look for a guide if I'm stuck for about 45 seconds. I don't care.
I love puzzle games. But if this is not a puzzle game, this. A lot of elders gamers like me said they played on easy. I am still playing on hard, I don't mind losing. But running like a headless chicken, nope.
I used a guide two days ago for Jedi Fallen Order.

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
- To state the obscenely obvious, ROMs of games old/unfindable/untranslated, aka the jaywalking of Videogame Crimes

- Never beat Super Mario Bros. without saving after each world

- Never beat World 8 of Super Mario Bros 3., one of my favourite games. One time I got there, then lost my file (GBA), but hey, that game's endlessly replayable.

- The same may apply to Metroid and Metroid II, and possibly Zelda/Zelda Second Quest (I can't remember)

- I never collected all the skulltulas in Ocarina of Time, my favourite game (hardly a sin though is it)

- Shooting my wife with a double barrel and marrying a new one was kind of hilarious in Fable II

- I sold Eternal Darkness, Twin Snakes and Killer 7 for worthless currency, the root of all evil. What did I use it for? Probably more cigarettes! God damn it!

- There were certain ways to get out of cab fare and sex worker prices in Grand Theft Auto, and none of them were particularly nonviolent and most involved me driving into the ocean.

- I used to have a cheat book, for videogames. It gave you cheats, for videogames. I used some of these cheats, when I would play videogames. Satan take me now as I shuffle in shame through the egress of this torturous mortal coil...

- Despite being a chaste knight of legend, fated to marry the princess of the realm, I succumbed to temptation on multiple occasions in my Dragon Quest journeys and received Puff-Puff from various loose women of low repute in more lands than I can name. [House of the Rising Sun plays]

- I have like 800 games on Steam. This is just a sin in itself, gluttony incarnate it doesn't even matter how many I've played which is not many.

- At the end of No More Heroes, you're given a choice. Bad Ending, Real Ending, Save. I don't know exactly how I could have been so stupid, but I picked Bad Ending, and that's what I got. Travis sits on the toilet and gets his head cut off. I watched my friend beat the true final boss. I don't think I was familiar with the concept of multiple/true endings at the time, and figured I'd be able to reload or save again after the bad ending. I'll go back someday; it's always pricked at me.

- In any given co-op game, if I see an opportune time to shoot my teammate in the head, I'll do it because that shit is hilarious. The same goes for killing myself in a game like GTA5 when nobody's expecting it, or setting up a good murder-suicide.

- I don't like to admit this, but I've smacked sentient animals with a net in Animal Crossing. I even, lord forgive me, I smacked my friends.

- In a reversal of gaming sins, I've found myself NOT using the Memo Save at all in Final Fantasy I (Origins). I'm enjoying the struggle.

- I killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

- I really don't go to church as much as I should in JRPGs.

Last edited:

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I traded Sega Saturn US versions of House of the Dead and Magic Knight Rayearth for something I can't even remember

styl_oh

Fallen One-Winged Chicken Chaser
Nov 24, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I save scummed Heavy Rain, only game I've ever done that for.
I, for some reason, bought the box set of those Quantic Dream games for PS4 and I couldn't even manage to get past the beginning of Heavy Rain. I had to shake my controller or something to make toast and I swear it just wasn't working and my goddamn hand was sore the next day. It was like a fucking workout.

I was probably doing it wrong, but I felt there was going to be a lot of that in the future of that game... maybe I'll try again.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In games with carryweight, I'll use mods or the console to make the weight limit higher. I have no shame in doing this.

I need to use a guide whenever I play the older Legend of Zelda games, like the GBC/GBA ones.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never play Bethesda games without mods or without some command lines like set carry weight to 999.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
I love open world games and actually want an OW Resident Evil.

This next one will send me straight to hell.... ready?

I play with soap opera effect ON and I love it.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I have almost zero tolerance for puzzles

I'll try to do anything once... but then I'm looking up a guide on YouTube. They're more often than not, not rewarding. Just obtuse. I have no time for that

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I generally dislike most, almost all, of vocal songs in video games (and anime).

I can probably count on one hand the games that have good vocal tracks that I would listen to outside the game (Nier is one of the good ones, btw).
And I'm the type of person that loves video game soundtracks, music in general really, and love singing. I have music of all kinds playing in the background for most of the day, but if a vocal song from a video game comes up, 90% of the time it gets skipped.

Yes, even the beloved songs in Sonic games. I even love the Adventure soundtracks, just not the Crush 40 stuff.. I am sorry for my crimes.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Doritos> Controller> Doritos> Controller> No Wipes.

I know I'm an animal but yolo I'll clean it once in a while or just buy another controller

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's 2021. Still have never finished The Legend of Zelda even though I've seen the ending a thousand times.

I have almost zero tolerance for puzzles

I'll try to do anything once... but then I'm looking up a guide on YouTube. They're more often than not, not rewarding. Just obtuse. I have no time for that

I'm with you 1000% on this, friend.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I can advance through Sekiro just fine, struggling like others of course, but it bores me to tears.