Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Some folks, as noted by Twitter, may have contracted obligations to stream on certain days/certain amount per day, or may not financially be able to skip a days streaming.

I'll be avoiding watching today though.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Everyday is like that for me. Why are people still going to twitch?

I've been there a few times and it's a cesspool.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess this is called reverse awareness? People who havent been on Twitch in ages check it out because of this thread.

:P
That's literally what happened in my case. I really don't have the time to get caught up with these things. It seems there's a new outrage over something every other week. Respect to those fighting the good fight though...whatever that is in this case. I'm sure it has something to do with twitch being an evil corporation or something.

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm glad to hear RekItRaven feels she has gotten headways with Twitch and this has raised awareness on a big scale. This seems quite successful, relatively. We don't need to hold this movement to unrealistic standards such as demanding the biggest streamers to participate, because this is starting from lower level LGTBQIA/PoC streamers rather than top down. That cynicism and misplaced expectation is unhelpful. I'm glad she pointed out we shouldn't lambast streamers for not participating but raising awareness and hopefully if this goes well, there can be more days off and actions taken to improve the platform. Hope Twitch implements the demands made.

FulcrumTK

Oct 6, 2020
I mean, one of the organizers already said they had a productive meeting with Twitch about the problem, so this one-day off is definitely working.
In addition, it's likely a lot of streamers are doing more than a one-day walkout. At least a few streamers I follow are thinking about disabling notifications for receiving Bits and Subs (both of which Twitch gets a cut of) and encouraging viewers to donate directly instead for the month of September.
I guess this is called reverse awareness? People who havent been on Twitch in ages check it out because of this thread.

:P
That's literally what happened in my case. I really don't have the time to get caught up with these things. It seems there's a new outrage over something every other week. Respect to those fighting the good fight though...whatever that is in this case. I'm sure it has something to do with twitch being an evil corporation or something.
Very helpful, y'all. If you don't have anything to say other than "this movement is dumb and useless", just don't say anything.

Last edited:

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Ludwig, that dude that streamed for 30 days in a row or whatever it was IS streaming. He seemed like the type that would join the movement.

DKeygo

Jun 29, 2019
Thanks for the topic! I don't frequent twitch as often as I used to, but had been watching the vod of EVO recently. Good to know it's off the table for background noise today

Jun 5, 2018
I'm sure this has been brought up, but twitch has prompted their usual September sub deal campaign that would normally start sept 1st as sept 2nd, doubt that's a coincidence, shows them for who they are if you ask me, what the community needed most was a show of consideration from the company, but they care so little for those effected that the only thing the strike means to them is delaying a promotion by a day so that isn't effected.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
What you're doing is the literal opposite of "respect to those fighting", so please just shut up maybe. This is one of the most ignorant posts I've read all week.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't realise this was a thing and the streamers I regularly watch are streaming. They are, however, famous esports players and men, so I can understand why they dgaf

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Seems like Hasan isn't streaming either. Good on him.
Yeah Hasan is taking a day off. He even had Raven on last week and let her say exactly what's going on with no interruption to 40k people and then asked her specifically what she wants to happen and what she wants from twitch and has brought what she told him to twitch himself and has had a dialogue going with them.Dude gets hate raided all the time so it makes sense tbh

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Inflammatory Trolling and Dismissing Concerns of Bigotry Over Multiple Posts; History of Inflammatory Behavior
What you're doing is the literal opposite of "respect to those fighting", so please just shut up maybe. This is one of the most ignorant posts I've read all week.
Oh boy. I'm sorry I offended you.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyday is like that for me. Why are people still going to twitch?

I've been there a few times and it's a cesspool.
Not every creator is a big-time streamer, some of them have small chill audiences and play together and its quite relaxing to watch people play together while I also play a game that doesnt really require attention.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Only the FGC streamers I follow were on today. Everyone else was down.

I didn't expect mountains to be moved, but I feel the impact, and that's good.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
While there are definitely less people streaming, I still have a lot of streamers on my Follow List who are streaming, but 90% of those are small streamers that get less than 100 viewers on average.

Some of them are also using the #TwitchDoBetter hashtag in their stream titles.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Oh boy. I'm sorry I offended you.
Well this post aged like fine wine. I was going to reply but yeah.

I'm glad there was even a noticable change from this, according to the twitch numbers posted earlier. I tried streaming on YouTube and yeah, I'm surprised how it's even possible to get even less viewers as a no name streamer than on twitch. If they want to be an alternative for streamers starting out, they'd have to revamp their entire "YouTube gaming" system, otherwise I can't see how they'll be able to fix anything and keep those paid twitch people on board.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
Absolutely hilarious seeing all the big spanish streamers began their show at exactly 0:01 last night. I still think 1 day is not enough to make changes but seeing the percentage makes me feel hope

Messofanego

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Don't harass others, people (directed both to people replying in this thread or anyone lurking).

Though on an unrelated note, didn't Suzi defend Reuben Langdon?
Yes she did and they've worked together before. She still doesn't deserve hounding over about joining this movement, but yeah I stopped watching her content a while ago.
vAMfPyl_d.webp

gZRWBaG_d.webp

zU5K1J0_d.webp

1FVvBlr_d.webp

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Apparently a lot of Twitch streamers are migrating to YouTube Gaming in response to this movement.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This forum is weird. Auronplay is the third biggest twitch channel, and the number 1 in average viewers... Yet no-one here have noticed because he speaks Spanish maybe?
He has 10 million followers, why are people saying no big streamers joined?

E-May6eWYAAEK1y

As a Spanish speaking latin American I have a few strong comments about that but they would get me banned.

So I'll just say that most people here do not care if they don't speak English... What does this mean for the forum as a whole? I'll let you be the judge...

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
As a Spanish speaking latin American I have a few strong comments about that but they would get me banned.

So I'll just say that most people here do not care if they don't speak English... What does this mean for the forum as a whole? I'll let you be the judge...

Yeap. They dont even hide it, thats why I dont engage much here.