Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

As someone who finds the Internet's bacon obsession to be insufferable, I'm not surprised at all that it was manufactured by the meat industry to drive up demand.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i just like how bacon tastes get off my back fuckers

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
meme or not, I have been eating bacon for years and I do not plan to stop.

Especially now that they've figured out how to cover bacon in a fine layer of candy.

I'm with Big Meat on this one.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
Bacon is good, but the memeification of it got annoying as fuck a long time ago.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
my latest invention is the b-egg-con-non

its a solf boiled egg wrapped with a strip of bacon and thrown directly into my open maw

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Who doesn't love bacon?

tenor.gif

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They manufactured a made up health symptom to sell floor cleaner to people to put in their mouth despite it being extremely harmful.
This one I always thought was dumb. It's not harmful and even though they gave it a dumb name, bad breath is for sure a thing.

Edit: Are you misrembering the video? They never say it's harmful, and they admit that bad breath is a problem, just nobody wants to admit they have bad breath.

Last edited:

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bacon is fucking delicious.

This video made me want bacon. They say "Bacon causes cancer" but I drifted off into a daydream at word 1. Meme me up.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the turducken craze was also astroturfed?

Bacon is good, but the memeification of it got annoying as fuck a long time ago.

That's been my feeling for a very long time. I enjoy a good side of bacon on occassion but I don't need it in everything.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bad breath is a thing but it's not a health issue. And instead of sloshing floor cleaner around in your mouth that damages tissue, just chew some mint leaves or whatever. And brush better.
It doesn't damage tissue, and it's certainly not EXTREMELY harmful.

You're blatantly lying to try to make it seem more insideous than it is, you sound like an anti-fluoride person.

It was also never marketed as a health issue, even though it was given a scary name all of those ads focused on things like getting dates-- it was always bad breath.

Strat

"This guy are sick"
Apr 8, 2018
I like bacon, but peameal bacon is where it's fucking AT for pork based breakfast foods.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Bacon is amazing.
The meme-ish culture surrounding it? Not so much.

Ex Lion Tamer

Oct 25, 2017
What about turkey bacon? I prefer it over real bacon and while I'm sure it's not that healthy it's probably a bit better for you than bacon.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
It doesn't damage tissue, and it's certainly not EXTREMELY harmful.

You're blatantly lying to try to make it seem more insideous than it is, you sound like an anti-fluoride person.

It was also never marketed as a health issue, even though it was given a scary name all of those ads focused on things like getting dates-- it was always bad breath.
Anti-Flouride for being against Listerine? I use Flux which is a fluoride wash...

I am against their product in particular. I used Listerine before before my dentist (and another) told me to immediately stop and change to another. Then I learned why.

Also, they literally called it "chronic halitosis", and sold their product as a "cure". If that isn't marketed as a health issue then cancer might as well just be a delicious seafood.