grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
Even was kind enough to blur out spoilers for her followers. No one deserves this kind of harassment.

Heartbreaking shit.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
I never understand the logic of people who point their anger specifically towards actors just reading lines on a script. It would be just as ridiculous to get angry at a coder for making the engine that runs the game.
Look at what Star Wars fans did to the guy who played JarJar Binks... He almost killed himself due to the harassment. It's disgusting.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
So brave of them to attack the VA for the plot of a video game. You sure got her! (/s)

People can be pond scum over the dumbest of things.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that there are emotional Era posters that probably feel this way too. They just know better than to keep posting cause they'll get roasted.

COCONUT

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I remember this kind of harassment to Matilda, one of the OverWatch voice actress, she was playing Brigitte.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just so fucking ridiculous. All of this hate...for playing a character? Awful...just awful.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Am I jumping the gun by attributing this to the INCEL community? This is absolutely heinous.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Dumb fuckers.

I wonder if we had Twitter when MGS2 released gamers would have acted the same way.

Yes. The switch out can be looked at as brilliant now, but I remember my best friend in high school getting me into the MGS series. He hated Raiden with a passion and about the switch out. He wanted Snake.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How does someone wishing that her parents die of cancer or threatening to kill her kids not potentially have a mental health issue? Why the fuck is itcontroversial or ableist in any way to recommend that these people seek help. Being unreasonably angry and aggressive over completely irrelevant shit and at completely innocent people can be a mental health issue.

The bolded is the key bit in my opinion. There's a strong possibility of mental health issues in these abusive commentors, but that doesn't make it right to make a sweeping statement linking all of this to mental health. To do so dismisses the impact of an insidious cultural movement of misogyny and entitlement such as the incel ideology already mentioned in this thread, and boils it all down to 'mental health', not sociological factors that need addressing by the gaming community and wider culture.

Anyway, enough from me on this, because I don't want to derail from the main issue here, but wanted to clarify what I meant.

Jords

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2018
New Zealand
It will never happen but people need to be held accountable for there social media presence. All these people should face full extent of the law.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I love gaming, but there are so many gamers are out there that are just human trash. It's becoming more and more difficult to sift the trash from regular, decent, people.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Statements like "wow why would anyone do this?" Or "imagine being this mad over video games" water down the absolute cesspool of existence these people are. These absolute scabs on humanity deserve their proper acknowledgement.

Like this.

I cannot imagine how these actors and directors and developers feel because I, as a fellow patron, am beyond fucking sick to death of this. And all this time that's passed, there is still barely any measure taken to weed out this subhuman fuckery.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
These people should be arrested and charged for threatening the life of her and her family. I know it won't happen, but it should.

joshcam19

Nov 11, 2017
I hate people.

Everyone take 5 minutes today and go send her some love, even if you don't like TLOU2, pick one of her many games that you do like and tell her. She should not be getting hate.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
sent some kind words her way. people are fucking despicable sometimes, let me tell you...

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
This is simply abhorrent.

I'm not sure I understand what he means with the first sentence here.

Whenever there is something perceived as 'SJW pandering'( including women, PoC, LGBTQ people in media) these hateful people sarcasticly say "how stunning and brave" as a way to mock the liberal creators for 'forcing' diversity. Obviously Neil has been on the receiving end of these comments so he is making fun of these "stunning and brave" people for sending death threats to a voice actress.
knowyourmeme.com

Stunning and Brave | Counter-Signal Memes

See more 'Counter-Signal Memes' images on Know Your Meme!

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
How do you even get to the point where you consider sending someone shit like that over something so trivial, nevermind actually doing it?

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I blame the Youtuber/streamer scum who have spent months fluffing the entitled lunatics and assholes to further their pathetic agendas.

We're basically gonna see that "Last Jedi" playbook of theirs recycled by these worthless c***s for every major piece of media from now on, aren't we?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Ban me or warn me if you like but I wish nothing but hideous pain upon these kind of people.