Status
Not open for further replies.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
GMG has this up for sale on the site now for $24, might bite at that price tbh

AAAH damn, should have checked there. I saw the Castlevania Advance Collection was finally posted on Steam so I just grabbed it on the Steam Store with Actraiser and checked out. Oh well, no Starbucks for me this weekend lol.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I played the Filmore Act 1, this is fantastic. I can even cheese the boss the same way.

I really hope this means we get a Soul Blazer Renaissance

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Collection of Actraiser previews and reviews from back in the day!

3Afb4Xj.jpg

woXkgsM.jpg

GamePro

Super NES Buyer's Guide

Nintendo Power

EGM

jCWKwV9.jpg

VG&CE
EwORjzt.jpg

Super Gaming

Is it wrong that I want to see an Actraiser review thread or OT with these posted? Love this stuff! Thanks for posting.

Oct 26, 2017
No doubt. Plus, the lower tech used in what we did get means they could also target Switch & mobile, whereas I imagine a Platinum Games remake would be restricted to PC & the higher powered consoles.
I just wish the Artstyle was a bit less disjointed. But man, I never thought we'd see this franchise again at all. Maybe this opens up the door for a proper new installment down the line. Doesn't need to be super high budget, just a bit mor cohesive looks and that mix of action and strategy gameplay.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I was admittedly pretty cold after the reveal due to the visuals (and despite being a big fan of ActRaiser), but the positive comments and reading on what they've improved made me very interested to try it again. And at the end of the day, I'm just glad it's like...alive. So i'll probably pick this up

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I just need someone to tell me it's good and help me decide between the PS4 and Switch versions (if perf is near identical, I'lol pick Switch), and I'll pull the trigger post haste!

BossDumDrum

Jan 3, 2020
Looking forward to more gameplay impressions. Definitely considering picking this one up sometime in the future.

Also, gotta say the angel definitely changed up a lot from the SNES version.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just need someone to tell me it's good and help me decide between the PS4 and Switch versions (if perf is near identical, I'lol pick Switch), and I'll pull the trigger post haste!
It's good

Here's a Switch impression from earlier in the thread

It is not unplayable docked fyi. I only noticed the performance issues once I had most of Filmore covered in villages. Action stages are fine docked as far as I can tell.

I've had no issues on PS4. Really it seems you'll only run into framerate issues playing handheld on Switch in the actions stages and when your towns are spanning most of the map.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I loved the original..and was hyped by the announcement..

..but there's something about the look and animation of the main character, in this version, that I really loathe.
That is the single thing that has made me pause purchasing at full price.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
23.99 on GMG made me jump in, huge fan of Actraiser and hope this will push for some more of it!

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I was in complete disbelief when this was announced. This is one of those games I absolutely adored in my youth that I never thought EVER had a chance of getting a remake. Like it wasn't even on my radar. Anyway, I bought it immediately and played for hours last night, tasting that sweet sweet nostalgia. lol

I feel something was lost in translation though. The art direction for one was a big part of the first game and I'm not sure I'm super keen on the choices made with this remake. Hopefully it gels with me better as I play on. Still enjoying myself though, but part of that may be because the mere mention of this game has struck deep into my childhood joy trigger. lol

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Are you logged in to GMG? Usually any issues with price differences are the discounts only being for members.

Wish I'd held off till today to purchase instead of last night on steam, but I'll just look at it as being a few extra bucks supporting Quintet games.
I just logged in and it's still showing $29.99. Not sure why the discrepancy. I just created an account.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Status
Not open for further replies.