Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
He's a really good actor and has had some really good roles lately but all I see is:

mcpoyle.jpg

thefryguy

Apr 8, 2019
Sam Neil is always going to be Dr alan grant. Same with Jeff and Laura Dern. Then again. I was 5 when the movie came out. They've all been in other things, and I've seen quite a few of them. But I'm the Leo meme pointing every time I see them outside of jurassic park

Oct 27, 2017
Any of the 5 main cast from Always Sunny in Philadelphia except for Danny Devito.
mick_104-sc2_ke0087_hires1.jpg

Dee Reynolds misleading some youth in The Mick
the-law-of-non-contradiction-gloria-reports-her-stolen-luggage-to-officer-hunt-played-by-rob-mcelhenney.jpg

Ronald "Mac" McDonald living the life of a security officer in Fargo
Charlie-Day-1-1200x496.jpeg

Charlie Kelly practicing brain law in Pacific Rim
AP-Bio-Jack.png

Dennis Reynolds undercover for his crimes in AP Bio
Yeah, gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood luck
Yeah this for sure.

Even DeVito now, in retrospect, is just Frank.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
tumblr_p5y52l8N181sg9ebxo1_r1_500.gif

David Tenant, I dont care if he's playing a child murder dective, a demon from hell, a phyco rapist murder with mind control, a grump rich old duck or doing a stage performance of a Shakespearian classic, the dude will ALWAYS be the Doctor, and its all I can ever see him as (and some times that isnt a bad thing, its rather awesome, Jessica Jones made a direct reference to it...) I love that basically every production he does embraces the little easter eggs.

100832259b1a2223029d413075b6f60c.jpg

HQCQ.gif

fbe8838e21cf40e777f17a816d5fbc22.jpg

8bcb76fe6f19406d0e082f953a979f84.gif

tumblr_psiof5oliT1r19xa8o1_400.gifv

380077d8364a79aa8db6ffb4d60ebf44.gif

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
It takes seeing an actor in a lot of different roles to shake off typecasting. For the longest time I always saw Jeff Daniels as the moron in Dumb and Dumber. He's done a lot of different work since then so that has worn off, but actors should be wary of taking roles that make them look like an idiot. It sticks to them for a long time.
Jeff Daniels credits dumb and dumber for his career being as successful as it is

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It takes seeing an actor in a lot of different roles to shake off typecasting. For the longest time I always saw Jeff Daniels as the moron in Dumb and Dumber. He's done a lot of different work since then so that has worn off, but actors should be wary of taking roles that make them look like an idiot. It sticks to them for a long time.
I was the same way. Now he seems to be typecast as a bland white guy In a position with some power.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
He's a really good actor and has had some really good roles lately but all I see is:

mcpoyle.jpg

lool This wrecked me when watching Westworld and they were having a serious scene where Delores gets attacked....
WW: "DON'T TOUCH HEEEERRRR"
IASIP: "YOU WILL CALL HEEERRRR!!!"

Yeah this is a real good one; really Dumb & Dumber is more of an outlier among his work.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
6426SMwaHfMTdmygfQ5WGmly7Ya.jpg

john c reilly is a great dramatic actor, but I can't not see him as a comedy actor

especially not after Dr. Steve Brule

giphy.gif

tumblr_n23golu77M1rt8przo1_500.gif

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Whenever I watch Key Largo I cannot Lionel Barrymore as anyone other than Mr. Potter from its a wonderful life.

Also, you should watch Key Largo, its got Edward G, Robinson in it and he's great.

chaostrophy

Oct 27, 2017
latest

Jack Nicholson as Jack Torrance in The Shining. Because it's such an unforgettable performance, and I've probably watched The Shining more times than any other film. It's the kind of film that has so much to discover, it never gets old.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know the actor's name but the sheriff's son in Smokey and the Bandit. I saw him as a prison guard in The Longest Yard as a super serious asshole and I only see him as a simpleton idiot no matter how serious he is in other roles

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
xgcvk476ynh21.jpg

David Wallace from The Office. Not because he was such a memorable character, but rather the opposite: he was so normal and understated that it's strange to think he isn't a real businessman working in an office somewhere.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I just can't see the guys from Friends in other films are non other than... The guys from Friends...
images

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, whenever I see Kyle Maclachlan my first thought is never "Kyle Maclachlan!", it's "Dale Cooper!", but after that initial surprise it goes back to normal. There's not really any actors where through the entire thing I'll be thinking "you're that person from that other thing, you don't belong here".

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Less specific but for a long time it was hard to see Steve Buscemi as anything other than an eccentric creeper. Eventually that faded but it took a while....

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
xgcvk476ynh21.jpg

David Wallace from The Office. Not because he was such a memorable character, but rather the opposite: he was so normal and understated that it's strange to think he isn't a real businessman working in an office somewhere.

Haha agreed. xD He also literally plays this role every time. (and arguably hired for that 'posh-but-normal business guy' presence he seems to naturally exude).

I will always associate Gary Cole with Harvey Birdman.

Any role he plays is just Harvey Birdman undercover.

I can really appreciate this. I keep hearing "Ha-Ha-Ha!" when I watch Steven Colbert sometimes too. x)

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
147821260-10056007-2BFsjrHJee.jpg

These two, even though for a short time he was one of my favorite video game characters

wingcommander05-buffed.png

Feb 16, 2018
it's usually whatever i first saw them in

seeing an actor i recognize from somewhere else always distracts me

i understand why it has to be like this, but i kind of wish it wasn't

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen all these actors in different roles and they're competent but honestly, the cast of Friends.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Have you just not seen much stuff with him or something? Bale is stupid different in almost everything.
xgcvk476ynh21.jpg

He worked at Merrill Lynch while doing that role lol. I think he's a full-time actor now, but was a stockbroker moonlighting as an actor for a while.

Last edited:

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Hugh Laurie will always be Wooster from Jeeves and Wooster to me, rather than House or anything later.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Nathan Fillion is Malcolm Reynolds. One season and a movie later, and he's been typecast as that "dashing rogue" ever since. This, ignoring the considerably darker path that Serenity took Mal down. Castle, Halo, and Destiny all made allusions to Mal, such as Castle dressing up as Mal, Alpha-Nine being comprised primarily of Firefly alumni, and Cayde-6 being the caped, gung ho rogue with a nice six-shooter (with a perk called "Firefly", no less).

Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, and Adam Baldwin have had considerably better luck avoiding being typecast as their Firefly characters, though it still happens on occasion. It helps that Tudyk is largely Disney's go-to for animal sounds and cartoon villains nowadays, Torres is a mainstay on Suits, and Baldwin... well, the less said, the better.