• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BigJeffery

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This series has always looked great, but I never had any of the systems they came out on while they were contemporary. I'd love a remastered collection.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Will be freaking mine.

Been so long since I played a ace combat game. No more firing up Gta 5 just to get my flying fix.

Oct 25, 2017
God I can't wait. Would love some Macross skins that are never going to come to the west lol. Trailer is making me want to play AC0.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
92223-top-gun-thumbs-up-gif-Tom-Crui-nxPk.gif

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Played the game at gamescom just now and the first line of dialogue was something like "atone for your crimes by being the bait and recon for the ground groups."
Instantly laught of the ridiculous premise. Okay, let's give some ex convicts million dollar Jets for some recon work and cannon fodder.
Games still fun of course but the cheese will be, as always, strong I suppose.

So they're Wild Weasels.

Wild Weasels were aircraft whose sole purpose is to get locked on by SAM sites so they or their partners could lock on to the source and destroy it.

Their patch has the initialism YGBSM which stands for 'You've gotta be shitting me.'

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
In an ideal world this would also come to PCVR and you could play the whole game in VR.

My disappointment in lack of support as a customer may keep me away from the game. :/

Aug 9, 2018
The VR is a separate campaign? Wtf.
If I can use the right sicks to look all over, why can't that just be mapped to the motion my head is making. I don't need some curated "oh look very" mission. Not buying a flight stick and vr just for a mission.

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt it. That's a character from AC5 in the tank top. I think it's before 5, could be wrong though.

It's set 5 years after Ace Combat 6, according to Dengeki:
1995 Ace Combat Zero
2003 Ace Combat 04
2010 Ace Combat 5
2015 Ace Combat 6
2019 Ace Combat 7
2040 Ace Combat 3

They also got the writer of 4 and 5, Sunao Katabuchi on board again, who some may know as the director of In This Corner of the World

OMG... which games do I have to play to catch up?

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
It's like Japanese devs all gathered round and decided January February and March are good times to release their biggest games to avoid the Fall/Winter slaughtering grounds brought to you by big western devs.

Anyway this is brilliant news. Finally a release date.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't taken my PSVR out of the box in about 18 months but this will be the game that finally changes that.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure, but I know one has two pilots going in from opposite directions and you have to break left to avoid them at the exact moment you pass, and it was amazing.
That might be Zero since that's the only one I didn't get that far into. I might have been a little burned out on the series when I got it, still have the game though. Would be worth loading these into my Phat PS3 this weekend.

Yellow13

Oct 26, 2017
Strangereal
Not sure, but I know one has two pilots going in from opposite directions and you have to break left to avoid them at the exact moment you pass, and it was amazing.

That might be Zero since that's the only one I didn't get that far into. I might have been a little burned out on the series when I got it, still have the game though. Would be worth loading these into my Phat PS3 this weekend.

Yeah, on 6 you have to fly inside the barrel of a giant cannon (Chandelier), the tunnel run where you have to break left to avoid Bartlett is on 5 (even though in most cases you really dont have to move at all) and on Zero you have to fly inside Avalon dam.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, on 6 you have to fly inside the barrel of a giant cannon (Chandelier), the tunnel run where you have to break left to avoid Bartlett is on 5 (even though in most cases you really dont have to move at all) and on Zero you have to fly inside Avalon dam.
Damn, I beat five, but barely remember the end, I can't ever play 6 again though since I'd have to rebuy the game and a 360. I need to sit down and play 0 though.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
OMG... which games do I have to play to catch up?
Not really any of them, they are still all pretty much standalone. There's a good chance 4 and 5 will be important to this though as it deals with countries from those games but it will probably just be important in terms of references. 0 is a prequel to 5 and is the last ps2 AC game. If there are any AC games you play before 7, the PS2 trilogy is what I imagine everyone will recommend as they are the best games in the series (4, 5, and 0).

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Not really any of them, they are still all pretty much standalone. There's a good chance 4 and 5 will be important to this though as it deals with countries from those games but it will probably just be important in terms of references. 0 is a prequel to 5 and is the last ps2 AC game. If there are any AC games you play before 7, the PS2 trilogy is what I imagine everyone will recommend as they are the best games in the series (4, 5, and 0).

gonna look into these. thanks!

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's set 5 years after Ace Combat 6, according to Dengeki:
1995 Ace Combat Zero
2003 Ace Combat 04
2010 Ace Combat 5
2015 Ace Combat 6
2019 Ace Combat 7
2040 Ace Combat 3

They also got the writer of 4 and 5, Sunao Katabuchi on board again, who some may know as the director of In This Corner of the World
o wow I didn't know about that

This going to be soo good. 4 and 5 are my favourites in the series.

Gonna chill here listening to some AC tunes now

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
These games have some of the most epic final missions in gaming.

Tunnels, always tunnels.

I loved how it's a giant ventilation shaft in AC4

so in AC5, when they say tunnels I was like yeah I got this, already done this a dozen times in AC4 and then WTF this is a fucking 10 miles long tunnel with turns and blocked doors and obstacles and closing shafts wtffffffffffff