• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont get why you need a whistleblower or multiple whistleblowers? Trump has admitted on live TV to the offences he's committed and the offences he will continue to make.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
were-in-the-endgame-now.gif

I dont get why you need a whistleblower or multiple whistleblowers? Trump has admitted on live TV to the offences he's committed and the offences he will continue to make.
People have gotten so used to trump acting like this that it's considered "normal". So we have this weird dynamic where he gets in more trouble for saying something in secret rather than out loud.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're passing a cultural kidney stone.

I love how certain communities and outlets cannot actually react or talk about news as it happens without literally reading disseminated propaganda first. 🤣 Just enough self awareness and experience to make them weary of preemptively disagreeing with the inevitable official batshit talking points. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering, the Acting DNI said that he'd have to clear whistleblower's relating to Donald Trump with the white house so they could waive executive privelege and that's what took him so long. Wonder if he'll keep to that.

Maximum Spider

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
We're passing a cultural kidney stone.

I love how certain communities and outlets cannot actually react or talk about news as it happens without literally reading disseminated propaganda first. 🤣 Just enough self awareness and experience to make them weary of preemptively disagreeing with the inevitable official batshit talking points. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
"But first lets being on former Trump Campaign manager to give their take. And after the the break we'll be talking to Roseanne Barr!"

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Multiple whistleblowers

Gonna repeat what I said in the "50% of Americans polled support removal from office" thread:

FIRE
EVERYTHING

If there was any time to get some dirt off your chest, now is the time while the spotlight is bright.

I'm wondering, the Acting DNI said that he'd have to clear whistleblower's relating to Donald Trump with the white house so they could waive executive privelege and that's what took him so long. Wonder if he'll keep to that.

After the sheepish chewing out he got at his testimony I'm thinking he'll act right this time because again, everyone is watching for a slip up now.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to be a "nothing will come of this" guy, but I do agree with this tweet.

It doesn't matter how many whistleblowers there are, or if he literally stood on a street corner and shot people, he can just deny everything and face no consequences ever because his supporters are death cultists who have gained total control of the country.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't matter how many whistleblowers there are, or if he literally stood on a street corner and shot people, he can just deny everything and face no consequences ever because his supporters are death cultists who have gained total control of the country.

I don't. The texts Volker gave are more damming than Trump's lawn announcement. Trump's afraid of proof of quid pro quo, because he can't spin that as being fine. His base/some swing indis view his lawn announcement like it was either a joke or really no big deal since he's draining the swamp.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I don't. The texts Volker gave are more damming than Trump's lawn announcement. Trump's afraid of proof of quid pro quo, because he can't spin that as being fine. His base/some swing indis view his lawn announcement like it was either a joke or really no big deal since he's draining the swamp.
Yeah, but the next big thing will be spun as a joke/misinterpreted as well, as will the one after that. There is no limit to spin and it will continue to work every time, because, y'know, death cult.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but the next big thing will be spun as a joke/misinterpreted as well, as will the one after that. There is no limit to spin and it will continue to work every time, because, y'know, death cult.
Not on all of them. There's already been some movement on pubs and indis.

Hell, there are even a section of dems left to flip.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

Uh, more info = more crimes.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
The spin isn't working though. Every new poll shows more support for impeachment. If the evidence keeps racking up, along with polls continuing this way, it might be the start of something on Senate Republican's end. I know, still a long shot.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Dox via what? The trump admin? They knew it was CIA the second the CIA lawyer talked to the WH lawyer (weeks before NYT reported it).

The public didn't know though.

Do you remember pipe bombs?
The death threats to Congressmen and women?

Those don't come from the White House (or Russia). They came from every day people motivated from Trump.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, more info = more crimes.
The point is that there seems to be no consequence for the crimes at all, it doesn't matter how many are uncovered or who uncovers them.
Not on all of them. There's already been some movement on pubs and indis.

Hell, there are even a section of dems left to flip.
Any loss of popularity will be easily wiped out in 2020 by gerrymandering, voter suppression, and cooking election results outright.

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Trump himself commits a million times, it's still valuable to gather as much evidence as possible on who else was involved. As long as they keep sending out subpoenas, scheduling hearings and depositions, and people keep leaking, it'll stay in the news. The longer it stays in the news and the more corrupt Republicans as a whole look, the better off we'll be in senate races. There's more at stake than Trump's removal.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
I have no reason to believe this is the case, but I don't know why my immediate fear was this is another Avenatti type lawyer. I'm just that paranoid.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Trump already checkmated the whistleblowers by admitting he did it. And now he's campaigning on the fact that he did it.

Jun 6, 2019

yes, they can. If they can testify to/have evidence of Trump holding back funds for Ukraine in order to extort them, things look much worse for Trump.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018

He's currently under an impeachment inquiry...

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
The point is that there seems to be no consequence for the crimes at all, it doesn't matter how many are uncovered or who uncovers them.

Any loss of popularity will be easily wiped out in 2020 by gerrymandering, voter suppression, and cooking election results outright.

the consequences are dropping poll numbers, getting impeached, and stopping this administration from doing what it wants to do.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is Era asleep or something? I would have thought more here would care about this news, as it's massive.

I would have thought this would be at like 10 pages by now.

Oct 25, 2017

Really enjoy your insight that there's nothing that can be done and we'll lose anyway

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Whats the point of this?
Trump will simply say that whatever he did is not against the law, even though its obviously is, and Republicans and his base will continue to support him.

For years now Trump has committed crime after crime and despite ample evidence nothing ever happened.

Trump has control of the DOJ, he effectively is above the law now, so I really doubt that his illegal activity or any legal process can remove him from office.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Is Era asleep or something? I would have thought more here would care about this news, as it's massive.

I would have thought this would be at like 10 pages by now.
I imagine that unless something actionable is happening like holding the subponeaed parties in contempt and started charging them fines/holding them in a cell it won't gain as much traction. That or its a Sunday morning so people are still asleep/waking up.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Whats the point of this?
Trump will simply say that whatever he did is not against the law, even though its obviously is, and Republicans and his base will continue to support him.

For years now Trump has committed crime after crime and despite ample evidence nothing ever happened.

Trump has control of the DOJ, he effectively is above the law now, so I really doubt that his illegal activity or any legal process can remove him from office.
This may be the most shit, defeatist post I've ever read on here. And that's saying something.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017

Ah, yes. Time to give up then. Thank you for setting us straight.