• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
We miss you.

Look at this creepy ass motherfucker creeping on the cover of her first album:
Aaliyah-age-aint-94.jpg
how the FUCK have I never noticed R in the background.

god fuckin damnit. forever ruined.

This track leaked a couple weeks ago, for those who don't know it yet.
that shit is fire.

Freezeezy

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
Since all her classics have been posted already, I'm posting her feature in Queen of the Damned:

And a nice tribute speech at the end.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
One in a Million is one of the greatest RnB jams and it'll be played at my wedding for sure. I thought there might be a few up and coming artists that kinda captured her vibe, but no ones even come close.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Try again was always my jam.

Yeah mine too. Rome Must Die almost had it all. Aaliyah, Jet Li, an awesome soundtrack. Only flaw was that they chickened out on Li aand Aaliyah having a relationship/kiss in the movie.

My God, cannot believe it has been 17,5 years :( She was such a beautiful and talented artist. I was legit shocked when I heard of her death.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that her entire career has been recontextualized to me via that R. Kelly doc. I was very young and very ignorant back when she was huge so none of that predatory behavior happening on the periphery (and honestly, right under our noses) registered to me. She was very beautiful and talented and ubiquitous on MTV back in the day and to know RK was preying on her makes me absolutely livid right now. I really hope he is made to pay for all he did to her and countless other young black girls and women and I don't mean in a biblical sense, I want an agency to kick his door down and cart his gross ass to prison.

Anyways, RIP A. Just played Are You That Somebody and that shit still slaps as hard as ever

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just listening to One In a Million yesterday not realizing this.

I get sad thinking about the career she could have had. She had true talent. She was a fan of Trent Reznor and apparently had talks about a collaboration a year before she died. Trent finally worked with a female vocalist 10 years later, with his wife for a side project. I'm sure they would have made an amazing pairing.

phaeta

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the same age as Aaliyah would have been. She was fine as hell. R Kelly has always been shit. He should have been on the plane, and she should still be here. RIP.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
God she was so gorgeous.... and the fuckin voice... she was a siren like gift to music.

Are you that somebody changed me. In an instant. Gdamn.