Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
You know, I can't help but wonder if people are overthinking this. RGG have worked on licensed titles before (with their Fist of the North Star game). Is it really so out of realm of possibility that the tease is what it looks like given they themselves said it would suprise everyone: that RGG is making a One Piece game?

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
84341abd-785d-4912-8ee6-9eaea370810e_text.gif

Gouf

May 17, 2018
I remember there was a Japanese leaker that leaked both Wo Long and Rise of the Ronin well before their official reveals a long while back (even revealed a ton of details about Ronin that ended up being completely true), and they said Ninja Gaiden was in the planning phase a number of years ago and kept posting about it as recently as last year. Crazy to think it might really be happening.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I remember there was a Japanese leaker that leaked both Wo Long and Rise of the Ronin well before their official reveals a long while back (even revealed a ton of details about Ronin that ended up being completely true), and they said Ninja Gaiden was in the planning phase a number of years ago and kept posting about it as recently as last year. Crazy to think it might really be happening.

For what it's worth I think the rumor this thread is about is probably just Yakuza,
BUT in general it seems pretty likely Team Ninja would eventually get back around to Ninja Gaiden.
It's a franchise they fully own, and It still has enough brand recognition that it'd get a decent pop, and Nioh/Wo-long/Ronin etc are still relatively close in genre. (Just lose the Diablo gear and have some more emphasis on spectacle.)

There was also the NG Master Collection which is often part of the 'bring back this franchise' roadmap.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Yakuza would certainly be something different... Kinda hope it is another one of the "play" like games where they cast previous characters in new roles. Means they can use Ichiban and Kiryu again, and lets face it Pirate Majima is stealing every single scene he's in, just like he did in Ishin, Kenzan and Dead Souls before it.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
New Ninja Gaiden would justify my PS5 purchase alone. Team Ninja has been back for years and so it's time for them to bring back what got them their start.

PimentaGui

Jul 29, 2021
www.ign.com

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Producer Says the Game Was 'Really, Really Inspired By One Piece' - IGN

Yakuza: Like a Dragon producer and Ryu Ga Gotoku studio head Masayoshi Yokoyama has revealed that One Piece to be one of the game's biggest influences, saying its cast was effectively based on Luffy and his crew.

So they are just making a One Piece game then.
I've just remembered this interview, if this is actually an One Piece game by the Like a Dragon team I may not survive, that's some dream project right there

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
My dream game from RGG would a collab with Yu Suzuki to wrap up the Shenmue story. Yakuza is my favorite currently running series and Shenmue is one of the most important franchises ever to me.
Obviously it's a pipe dream but hey, a man can have dreams.

As far as realistic things — would love a Kenzan remake, a new Judgment, or a full Kaito spinoff.
I love Shenmue. I share your dream.

4chan leak from may talks about a pirate themed Yakuza game New

matt1996

May 24, 2019
RGG has just teased this game through a tweet and you know who can verify the information. I can disclose this information safely now
>new spinoff game set after infinite wealth
>Goro Majima is the protagonist and playable
>story has Majima becoming lost at sea and losing his memory which results in him getting involved with a pirate feud
>central areas include reusing hawaii, the "madlantis" island, and new hub area that acts as a base
>yakuza tattoos are the key to recovering his memory
>certain events from the series will be revisited through Majimas point of view
>Majima becomes a pirate captain and can recruit NPCs you can customize to join his crew
>your crew can undertake missions while doing story quests
>main enemies are pirate warlords
>new fighting style based on swashbuckling
>combat is similar to gaidens but has been expanded on
>management is debating on giving this game the gaiden subtitle to establish a new subseries
>smaller titles will be used to flesh out characters and be released in-between mainline games
>reveal set for this year

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
RGG has just teased this game through a tweet and you know who can verify the information. I can disclose this information safely now
>story has Majima becoming lost at sea and losing his memory which results in him getting involved with a pirate feud
>central areas include reusing hawaii, the "madlantis" island, and new hub area that acts as a base
>Majima becomes a pirate captain and can recruit NPCs you can customize to join his crew
>management is debating on giving this game the gaiden subtitle to establish a new subseries
>smaller titles will be used to flesh out characters and be released in-between mainline games

you can find "leaks" on 4chan like this every day. Sometimes they turn out to be true but you never know until the actual product is shown lol. Sounds cool though, would like it to be real!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sounds like too big of a coincidence to be fake imo. I believe it.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017

👀

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This sounds good.
But it's 4chan

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Lmao I made a genuine joke about how they should make a one-piece game a couple months ago but it seems my sense of humour may become reality (kinda...ish ?)

looking forward to it

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
These rumors just keep getting wilder... I cant say Im opposed to what Im reading, if they nail the tone just right, it could be a fun time (and hey Im sold on it anyway)

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I love this. We went from new LaD to Ninja Gaiden to One Piece to Pirate Majima adventure.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a big fan of Yakuza/Like a Dragon. I'm a big fan of Majima. I'm a big fan of pirate settings.

If all of this is true...

C6210DD75A4BEB976EF47A54AAFE68370C335E97

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope it isn't fucking One Piece. I've bought every Yakuza game ever made but I won't spend a fucking dollar on the One Piece IP. Please don't fuck this up, RGGS.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I'll take whatever RGG comes up with, but pirate Majima shenanigans sounds crazy good - wouldn't be the first time we have amnesiac Majima either (Kenzan is great).

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people theorized we'd get games interspersed throughout the mainline series to cater to brawler fans.

Glad it could be Majima and not Ryuji (no offense to Ryuji) cause Majima getting his own game is long overdue.

why does the title say ninja gaiden tho lol are the leaks implying it'd be a character action hack and slash like ninja gaiden

Edit: oh I see there's been a bunch of rumors

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people theorized we'd get games interspersed throughout the mainline series to cater to brawler fans.
That'd be me ;) But honestly I never doubted brawlers would return as it doesnt make sense to ditch the format entirely. I reckon we'll still see more compared to RPG games, which will be one every few years for now. Which should make brawler only fans satisfied but they'll still moan somehow probably lol.

Certainly explains how they'd do another Yakuza after 8s ending though, I wonder how grounded this'll possibly be considering the fact that a swashbuckling pirate isnt exactly the type of pirates we get in reality these days... then again I dont think anyone is really asking for more dudes with guns in Yakuza!

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
God I hope it isn't fucking One Piece. I've bought every Yakuza game ever made but I won't spend a fucking dollar on the One Piece IP. Please don't fuck this up, RGGS.
If it makes you feel better, I think it's extremely unlikely it's One Piece related for one simple reason: Bandai Namco has the rights to produce One Piece games. Some oculd say "but what about the Fist of the North Star Yakuza game?" and guess what, Sega has currently the rights to produce FotNS games. It's why Bamco never published a Attack on Titan game (Koei has the rights)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel better, I think it's extremely unlikely it's One Piece related for one simple reason: Bandai Namco has the rights to produce One Piece games. Some oculd say "but what about the Fist of the North Star Yakuza game?" and guess what, Sega has currently the rights to produce FotNS games. It's why Bamco never published a Attack on Titan game (Koei has the rights)

I hope you're right. One Piece is one of those franchises that I've never been able to find anything to enjoy about. I find the art style repulsive, I can't think of a single character in the entire cast I even kind of like, and it would just be really disappointing to see an IP that uninteresting as the next big RGGS game.

If that Pirate Majima game is actually what's coming...okay, I guess. Though I feel like Majima without his memories would be kind of a nothing character.