ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of a Like a Dragon Gaiden : Majima ?

My dream game has always been a Majima game that takes place between 0 and 1, but it's never happening.

A Majima game has always been extremely unlikely given the type of characters RGGS want you to play as, but a mature stoic post-8 Majima is actually possible.

That one's a "when" not "if". If not this year, it'll be within the next 3 years Id guess... The fact they mentioned it within the last year means they are at least aware, but honestly I feel that's more of their way of subtly soft confirming it'll happen. I cant imagine we wont see a remake within the next couple of years, and I feel the top 3 candidates that could be considered are 3 (probably the most asked by newer Western fans), 0 (easy money, 10 year anniversary next year) and Kenzan (because it gets mentioned a bit... but even the team dont know how they wanna butcher remake it...)

Yep

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Infinite Wealth had like several writers working on it including Judgments Tsuyoshi Furuta. I wish I knew who worked on what in that game because it feels like the result of too many cooks in the kitchen. Yokoyama's writing is generally pretty dodgy and I was impressed with Judgment. They need to hire new writers and take more risks with their storytelling.

Yeah, Judgment had no Yokoyama involvement. Neither did LJ. Both games were Nagoshi's pet projects and Furuta was the main writer.

Since Yokoyama's become studio head he seems less involved in the moment to moment writing like dialogue but he is still the one to come up with the stories themselves, scenarios, events and everything needs his approval. So he is really ultimately the one deciding on the story direction and what actually happens. He confirmed this.. somewhere, in a video I watched a while ago about IW.

fabsss

Sep 11, 2024
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that they're working on three games simultaneously at RGG Summit.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I want to be surprised tbh. I hope they take some kind of risk narratively or do something different.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a bit confused by the OP. What is meant to be leaked?

That there's going to be a new RGG game announced at RGG summit, I thought that was already known? That a new game is going to come in February?
Infinite Wealth came out at the end of January this year, Ishin in February the year before, Like a Dragon in Jan 2020 so that seems to be their regular cadence.

Either way I'm hoping for a new Judgment game.

Last edited:

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I tried to convert the 1's and 0's in the Wanted Poster in OP into a Binary converter and got nothing, so that was a ruse...I guess?

EDIT: Ah it was a date. I thought it was hidden text.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What I'm hoping for in order:

1. Judgment 3
2. Yakuza Kiwami 0
3. Lost Paradise 2
4. Lost Paradise like spin-off with another IP

Darkseid

Oct 27, 2017
My dream game from RGG would a collab with Yu Suzuki to wrap up the Shenmue story. Yakuza is my favorite currently running series and Shenmue is one of the most important franchises ever to me.
Obviously it's a pipe dream but hey, a man can have dreams.

As far as realistic things — would love a Kenzan remake, a new Judgment, or a full Kaito spinoff.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not wanting Kiryu back either, but I'll take it 1000 times over and over again before Judgement 3. That fucking Lost Judgement just made me despise the franchise by the end.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
salromano aparently on the forum they disagree that is a tease for Yakuza game.

And is instead a hint for Ninja Gaiden

Maybe?

The "Wanted Dead or Alive" poster, for example, could be hinting at either Solei (Wanted: Dead studio) developing the game, or just the fact that it's made up of former Ninja Gaiden developers, with Dead or Alive also just being a general Koei Tecmo hint. There's a dragon on the poster, which is Ryu in Japanese, or the same name as the protagonist in Ninja Gaiden (Ryu Hayabusa).

The 9/19 and 9/20 thing would make more sense, since if we get the announcement at an SoP held at its usual time on the 19th, for example, that would be the 20th for Japan / Asia. Or if it's not an SoP, it could just be at that time.

I don't really see how the text might connect, unless anyone with greater knowledge of Ninja Gaiden would know.

I feel like we're probably not going to know definitively what this is until we can look back and connect the dots after its announcement.

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Maybe?

The "Wanted Dead or Alive" poster, for example, could be hinting at either Solei (Wanted: Dead studio) developing the game, or just the fact that it's made up of former Ninja Gaiden developers, with Dead or Alive also just being a general Koei Tecmo hint. There's a dragon on the poster, which is Ryu in Japanese, or the same name as the protagonist in Ninja Gaiden (Ryu Hayabusa).

The 9/19 and 9/20 thing would make more sense, since if we get the announcement at an SoP held at its usual time on the 19th, for example, that would be the 20th for Japan / Asia. Or if it's not an SoP, it could just be at that time.

I don't really see how the text might connect, unless anyone with greater knowledge of Ninja Gaiden would know.

I feel like we're probably not going to know definitively what this is until we can look back and connect the dots after its announcement.
Let me add this to the OP if you don't mind

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I look at the picture and see a wanted poster and all I can think of is One Piece.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its time for the true dragon to return.
1A9A9040411D0999ECB46FDBC4B63D731AA1E980

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
i'd defnitely prefer a new Ninja Gaiden and even a new Wanted Dead over another Yakuza game.
Yakuza is on such a steady schedule that it's a total given now.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The timeline for Ninja Gaiden would kinda work given that Team NInja is pretty efficient.

2020 Nioh 2
2021 Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
2022 Final Fantasy Origin Stranger of Paradise
2023 Wo-Long
2024 Rise of the Ronin

The master collection happening a couple of years ago definitely makes it seem more likely they'd revisit NG as a franchise.

That said trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
WHAT'S THIS ABOUT A NINJA GAIDEN ANNOUNCEMENT??? I will temper my expectations, cause my lil heart can't take this kind of stress, but maaaaaan if this is what's being teased?

the-wire-clay-davis.gif

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ninja Gaiden is a much more (in theory) exciting announcement. That series has been dormant for so long, I hope its getting a TGS (or TGS ajacent) reveal. Yakuza... well we all know several are coming, that's a certainty.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The timeline for Ninja Gaiden would kinda work given that Team NInja is pretty efficient.

2020 Nioh 2
2021 Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
2022 Final Fantasy Origin Stranger of Paradise
2023 Wo-Long
2024 Rise of the Ronin

The master collection happening a couple of years ago definitely makes it seem more likely they'd revisit NG as a franchise.

That said trying not to get my hopes up too much.
Ninja gaiden on their current engine is gonna be interesting....

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
please my heart cannot handle a Ninja Gaiden fake

I mean, it's almost certainly an actual tease for something, it's just that it could be several things, including Ninja Gaiden.

Regardless of this rumor there's almsot certainly going to be some Yakuza stuff, so I think that's more likely to be it (even if teasing a new Yakuza is basically redundant)

Last edited: