• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I bet this asshole also makes the "I guess it's free" joke when something doesn't ring up. Fuck him!

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't even a "pricing error" in any sense of the term. Target and many other retailers use a penny price point on displays for inventory purposes, and his OWN PHOTO shows the price tag, which is attached directly to the display fixture, indicates that it is specifically for the display.

If this nimrod is actually stupid enough to try to sue, I hope he gets buried in the legal costs.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Tori is fucking done with his shit.

Also fuck that guy for just tweeting her name and picture out.

Oct 25, 2017
Every time he starts putting peoples names and information out there just report him for posting unauthorized photos and information of another person

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
She should have just given him the display toothbrush for a penny. Who knows how many people have touched it.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
This guy is such scum.

Mod Edit: Tweets Removed
Walmarts pm policy is clearly notated on their website that they only pm selected websites. He was easily in the wrong.

The item must be sold and fulfilled by one of these online retailers:
Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Chewy.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenny.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Walgreens.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck? This dude is clearly a pathetic internet troll. Did you pay any attention to the details of the post?
He definitely is if you see any of his other posts. Maybe the user was referring directly to this scenario though? Like the guy is being a complete asshole and harassing someone in an attempt to basically get free stuff. But is that trolling or are we misusng the meaning here? Or are people just saying David. Who is a troll. Is harassing people?

Just for my own personal clarification. TLDR

David is a troll, but is what he's doing in the post trolling?

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As someone from MA who worked retail for over a decade, the law says you have to honor the price, there is no law that says they have to sell you it and that is general procedure at stores if this happens.

it's like when something should have been taken off the shelf and wasn't some stores will ring up as a penny but they won't sell it to you.

Plus there are laws that protect for high ticket items and to protect stores from people switching tags.

He is in the wrong on multiple issues. Normally It's whoever is responsible for facing to make sure everything is tagged properly but in this case I don't think this applies it's clearly a display case prop and I bet the price is on the shelf lip blocked conveniently by his photo, and it's the last unit which is the only reason you see the prop (which I assume exists for restocking purposes and is on a slider, it would normally be on the shelf like the two products next to it, in fact you can see on the one on that left that it looks like there is also a slider behind that product) at all.

The guy is full of shit.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

People would literally take the console out and bring it to the return counter with a brick in the box so it would feel heavy.

The thing was, the employees didn't actually open the box to check. So it wasn't until we resold a few of the bricks to legit customers before we found out.

I still miss those late 90s Target food court burgers.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People would literally take the console out and bring it to the return counter with a brick in the box so it would feel heavy.

The thing was, the employees didn't actually open the box to check. So it wasn't until we resold a few of the bricks to legit customers before we found out.

I still miss those late 90s Target food court burgers.
This still happens pretty regularly apparently at Walmart and stuff. I never saw it when I worked at Best Buy. But in guessing due to Walmarts old return policy and food traffic in some areas that's why?

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who works the service desk at Target, fuck this guy for all the copycats he's going to inspire.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
This guy is probably on Slickdeals

Slickdeals is awesome, but there's so many crazies on there who feel entitled to basically commit robbery. I've taken advantage of price mistakes before, so I'm not without guilt. But I've seen threads filled with customer service harassment etc.

Quoted for truth. They are losing their minds about MS cancelling everyone's 5 cents a day Gamepass subscriptions lol.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Can the manager sue him? I'm not sure for what, but having your picture and location of employment put out there as a traget on Twitter seems like grounds for something.

Jun 1, 2019
This guy is probably on Slickdeals

Slickdeals is awesome, but there's so many crazies on there who feel entitled to basically commit robbery. I've taken advantage of price mistakes before, so I'm not without guilt. But I've seen threads filled with customer service harassment etc.
the person in the op is an ass but there's no reason to for you to feel guilty about taking advantage of price errors lol.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Ok, let's put it this way. Nobody should be harassed like this. Full stop.

Oh and shift leaders make barely any more than other employees. GMs might make six figures at some places (wasn't like that at my local targets) but this girl was not the GM. That person is dumb for basically saying if you make money you should be subjected to this bullshit lol.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Oh, hey, look at twitter not banning his account for literally exposing an innocent worker to the internet vultures.

Fuck this guy and fuck twitter for enabling turds like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.