Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
On the matter of which language to chose, as a French, I will go for the English dubbing and the French subtitles.
I don't exactly need the French subtitles, but my reasoning for this is the following:
Sébastien Renard, the Narrative Director, directed the recording of the English dub (but not the French dub). And he also wrote the French dialogues (but not the English ones). And I wanna experience this game through his lens as much as possible, so English dub and French subtitles it will be!

I'll probably go for the French dub on my 2nd playthrough though.

Last edited:

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been mainly playing in French, switching to English during more actiion-focused/faster-paced segments
Ah that would probably work. But for me funny enough I would want the slow parts in English so I could look around more. Each to their own!
The cool thing is it seems like everyones generally very happy with whatever their choice is.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Didn't see a PC thread for this game so i post my findings here:
There is something weird going on with the v-sync in this game for me it drops my frames hard in full screen 1080p (GTX 970) to 30-40 fps forcing v-sync or triple buffering from the driver didn't help, i got around this by creating a custom resolution 1920x1079, borderless works as well but frame times are shit.
Chromatic Aberration,Vignette,Filmgrain and other effects can be disabled in the ENGINESETTINGS in Documents\My Games\A Plague Tale Innocence under PostProcess, Chromatic Aberration is called Fringe just set the effect you want to disable to 0.

Oct 27, 2017

Performance and IQ looks fantastic on Pro and X. Definitely going to buy this now. Really bizarre performance on base consoles and I assume that has something to do with the no dynamic resolution on base consoles.

Is there performance capture for both French and English or does the French dub have better lip syncing?

French dub is best.

Side note, what is the budget on this thing? It's Witcher beautiful.

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
Chapter 12 - just incredible!

The game is quite subtle in that although there is no skill tree as such, if you like using the most powerful concoctions (whether vs rat or vs human), or aren't 100% efficient in their use, you are punished in not having so many materials such as leather available for updating the sling and pouch.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a PC thread for this game so i post my findings here:
There is something weird going on with the v-sync in this game for me it drops my frames hard in full screen 1080p (GTX 970) to 30-40 fps forcing v-sync or triple buffering from the driver didn't help, i got around this by creating a custom resolution 1920x1079, borderless works as well but frame times are shit.
Chromatic Aberration,Vignette,Filmgrain and other effects can be disabled in the ENGINESETTINGS in Documents\My Games\A Plague Tale Innocence under PostProcess, Chromatic Aberration is called Fringe just set the effect you want to disable to 0.

See my post #328.

At 4k with a 2080Ti, v-sync makes the frame drop to 30fps in certain areas. It almost feels like at certain points the game locks itself at 30fps.
Problem essentially went away for me after switching from fullscreen to borderless, although it's still not perfect.
Tested both in-game and nvidia v-sync (with triple buffering) and reinstalled the drivers: same result.
It's clearly the combination of graphics settings + v-sync because without v-sync the worst I got in terms of fps was in the low 50s.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im thinking of getting this. I have a question, is the gameplay mostly stealth. Is it the type of stealth that game is over after you are seen?

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
this game is a surprise so far, it is creative, gorgeous and the setting is fresh. i am no story gamer but this here seems good , very lively and natural dialogues

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Im thinking of getting this. I have a question, is the gameplay mostly stealth. Is it the type of stealth that game is over after you are seen?
You're a young girl and a younger kid being hunted by ruthless armor-clad inquisitors, as well as hordes of flesh-stripping rats
Your only weapons are a slingshot and alchemical potions

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man I'm on chapter 4 and loving it so far. Story is keeping me interested and the locations are great.

My only concern is the gameplay loop may get stale after 15 hours but The story and atmosphere will carry me through.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone knows if there's a store in Sweden selling the game coupled with the vinyl? Can't seem to find one.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
As you progress the stealth sections get less linear as you'll have more tools available, also making Amicia less helpless when she gets spotted. At the start of the game it is pretty hard to stay alive if you're seen, though. There is a good balance between stealth / exploring / puzzles, pretty much everytime I started getting tired of a stealth section the game switches up the gameplay again.

Sebmugi

Nov 8, 2017
France
small series one X there is a beautiful management of indoor blur: ok: it promises for a future photo mode ..: p)

1557863914-sebmugi-aplaguetaleinnocence-20190514-19-10-04.png

1557863823-sebmugi-aplaguetaleinnocence-20190514-19-09-02.png

1557863697-sebmugi-aplaguetaleinnocence-20190514-18-58-33.png

1557863815-sebmugi-aplaguetaleinnocence-20190514-19-06-17.png

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Aaaand done. I didn't enjoy the last five chapters as much as the other ones before (both in terms of story and environments) but it remains a really good tale in the end.

Cannot wait to see what Asobo does next!

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
Still no PC performance thread? Are there any benchmarks available already? I'm interested if my 1070 is able to hold stable 60 frames in 1440p / high settings (I guess not...)

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I completely missed that this game was coming. Saw the ACG review, got interested and went and bought it today. Don't regret it. I'm only three chapters in but I really like it so far. Certainly my type of game.

I hope it does well.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I spent too much damn time freaking out not seeing it in my Steam library because it was alphabetized under P, lol.

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
This gets better and better. Starting to remind me of Dishonored in terms of the world building. Gameplay nicely mixed up from chapter to chapter too.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Holy shit does this game look incredible at 4K/Ultra/60fps on a 2080TI. Literally :O

Only thing that lets it down is the face models. Incredible work by Asobo.

I'm really enjoying the game. The writing and acting is a little janky but the refreshingly different setting and environments (for a game) is really great and makes it so much more compelling.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this game is gorgeous and the premise is very interesting.
It's impossible to not get immediately invested. Amitia seems like a great protagonist.
Congrats to the devs, the game seems great so far, can't wait to play more.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
This game is right up my alley and I will play it quite soon!

Regarding those Hellblade posts... Wow, we've reached the stage where people look at stuff for five seconds, then feel like judging it and comparing it to something they've seen before just because there might be slight visual similarities at first glance. We really live in a superficial world, even on bulletin boards with gaming enthusiasts.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This game is right up my alley and I will play it quite soon!

Regarding those Hellblade posts... Wow, we've reached the stage where people look at stuff for five seconds, then feel like judging it and comparing it to something they've seen before just because there might be slight visual similarities at first glance. We really live in a superficial world, even on bulletin boards with gaming enthusiasts.

agreed. aside from the fact that they're both 'aa', rather than 'aaa' games, i'm not sure exactly what anyone feels they have in common :) ...

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So glad I picked this up. Chapter 5 and I've been thoroughly enjoying every minute. Stealth works wonderfully and the whole damn thing is incredibly polished. The incidental dialogue is as seamless as God of War's but I already feel a stronger bond with these kids than I ever did with Kratos and his sprog. Playing this in French with no HUD and it's just so immersive. Only the rats bursting out of walls like Hulk threatened to pull me out of the experience. But not quite. So far they are staying on the right side of silly.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
On the matter of which language to chose, as a French, I will go for the English dubbing and the French subtitles.
I don't exactly need the French subtitles, but my reasoning for this is the following:
Sébastien Renard, the Narrative Director, directed the recording of the English dub (but not the French dub). And he also wrote the French dialogues (but not the English ones). And I wanna experience this game through his lens as much as possible, so English dub and French subtitles it will be!

I'll probably go for the French dub on my 2nd playthrough though.
This seems rather common with French games, e.g. Heavy Rain was written in French first, but got recorded in English first with Cage both writing the French and directing the English, but not writing the English while the French dubbing was done externally. Creates a weird situation where the French dialog is often more natural and/or better, but the "intentional" version is still English

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So glad I picked this up. Chapter 5 and I've been thoroughly enjoying every minute. Stealth works wonderfully and the whole damn thing is incredibly polished. The incidental dialogue is as seamless as God of War's but I already feel a stronger bond with these kids than I ever did with Kratos and his sprog. Playing this in French with no HUD and it's just so immersive. Only the rats bursting out of walls like Hulk threatened to pull me out of the experience. But not quite. So far they are staying on the right side of silly.
Gothic horror pulp is the vibe I've gotten from the game. Some pulpy adventure aspects with the nightmarish hordes of rats and Inquistors feeling more like Indy bad guys and light fantasy elements like alchemy, but couched in bleak brutality and a humanistic relationship

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
damn! i mean, that covers a whole lot of territory. so metro 2033, dead space, & bioshock are all somehow supposed to remind me of hellblade, as well? :) ...
You're getting a little to worked up over this.

Plague, God of war, hellblade are all linear third person story driven games with a personal story. If you dont find similarities in them then that is fine, but no reason to get upset with others comparing them.