• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was it pre patch on Series X? Because it was already a very good looking game when I played it, surely it couldn't have been 1080p / 30 fps prior to this patch on Series X?
It was using Xbox One X settings which used a temporal reprojection to take a native 1440p image up to a 2160p output at 30fps.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Testing out the SX version. The game is running at an extremely smooth 60 FPS to my eyes.

Guessing it's 4K w/ DRS @ 60 FPS.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
its a good game,
not without issues but playtime is short too.
so worth to try at least once.
not sure i will replay though.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
It was a patch for me. I had it installed and it became the next gen version
That is Smart Delivery doing it's job. If you have the next-gen version then it's the next-gen version, not just a patch. Aside from some specific cases in specific games (Destiny 2 comes to mind) a next-gen patch being the size of the full game is a dead giveaway that's it's generally not a patch but a full new version.

I'm honestly not trying to get into arguments with this, it's just one of those weird peeves I keep seeing. And people keep referring to them this way when a patch is different.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Wonder how performance will be, some scenes in the update trailer were definitely not 60 FPS. I played this on PC back when but interested to play it in 4K 60 FPS with HDR on PS5.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Gameplay wise is the most basic stealth game you can ever think of, so don't expect anything other then "throw the stone to distract the enemy" and some "move stuff around to solve the puzzle", but it has a good art direction and an interesting setting and story. It's a fun simple game overall (played on GamePass) so give it a go.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
I own this game physically for XB1 but have no series X. Does this come with 60 FPS on XB1 or should i wait for it to come via ps plus and get the benefits on PS5?

Roubjon

Oct 25, 2017
This'll probably be the first PS Plus game in years that I play through. Really looking forward to it!

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
7-5-2021_12-10-40_pm-s3j05.png

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I stopped half way through because I just can't take that much stealth segments. I love the rat segments and wish there was more of it (no idea about the rest of the game)

I want to go back, please tell me the stealth stuff calms down, i'm not bad at them I just find it so tedious and boring.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be another upgraded game where Quick Resume does not work (it actually crashes and brings you back to the OS dashboard if you try to load the game again), assuming it used to work fine before through BC. Also, just like Doom Eternal, it even shows the Quick Resume tag for me. I wonder if there's some sort of compatibility issue going on when developers upgrade their games, since I see Quick Resume broken now for Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal and now this.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure which console to play it one. Anyone tested the Dual Sense features on PS5 yet?

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
Switch Cloud version would essentially be updated to look like it is running on an XSX/PS5 if just downgraded to 1080p but with rock solid 60 fps?

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
I stopped half way through because I just can't take that much stealth segments. I love the rat segments and wish there was more of it (no idea about the rest of the game)

I want to go back, please tell me the stealth stuff calms down, i'm not bad at them I just find it so tedious and boring.
May be misremembering but I'm pretty sure the further you are in the story, the more action-driven the game is (outside maybe of a kid segment).

I was actually pleasantly surprised to be able to so easily headshot medieval thugs in this game, even if it's a bit awkward narratively.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont think my mind went to the last of us once with this game haha but it is a really really cool game, highly recommend.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017

It's a stealth game at heart so don't get your hopes up. This is a kid against adults (but no guns), so she has to sneak about a lot.

There is some character progression that means other approaches open up but if you want to up front attack you'll be killed pretty much straight away.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
Seems to be another upgraded game where Quick Resume does not work (it actually crashes and brings you back to the OS dashboard if you try to load the game again), assuming it used to work fine before through BC. Also, just like Doom Eternal, it even shows the Quick Resume tag for me. I wonder if there's some sort of compatibility issue going on when developers upgrade their games, since I see Quick Resume broken now for Metro Exodus, Doom Eternal and now this.

tried with yakuza7 lately and it restarts everytime, pretty sure it was resuming before.
not sure if its just me

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's not showing the quick resume tag for me when I press the Xbox button.

Not sure why it is for you. This is a new-gen app now and will need QR to be configured properly before it can support it.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Why does this have to be such a large download and not just a small fps unlock 🤧

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Downloading on Game Pass. Never payed attention to the game, really. Is it primarily a stealth game?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Can't wait to replay this. I played it in 2019 on PC, but I'm excited to dive in again once it hits PS+ tomorrow.

jalkerway

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've played through most of this, and really don't get the Last of Us comparisons either (content, gameplay, or overall quality really). It's a good game though in it's own right, and kinda happy I hadn't finished it before so now I can play through the rest of it at 60fps.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
It's not showing the quick resume tag for me when I press the Xbox button.

Not sure why it is for you. This is a new-gen app now and will need QR to be configured properly before it can support it.
Strange, it isn't showing for me too. It was the first thing I noticed when I hit the guide button to test Quick Resume. Maybe it was loading some cached info from previous BC entry.