• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
That is one evil ass monkey, I like it!

Leaf Guard is a lame ability to give a mythical though, not that I would use it. I usually box my Legendary and Mythical mon after I catch them.

I wonder though, with that ability and relatively simple design, does it have an current unknown alternative form or evolution?

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Za Warudo!

Design looks fine but everything else is disappointing. Bad typing and ability.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks similar enough to the human Tarzan dude in the film this Pokemon is featured in I know some folks speculated they might be one in the same.

Personally I always thought a Missing Link Pokemon would be a cool idea.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Will this finally be the generation where we don't have to go get codes from a retailer? Please?!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He'll probably change ability by dynamaxing or with a held item or something, right?

Gigantimax has generally just been really strong moves with powerful extra effects. So it'll probably get a G-Max form with a strong ability.

Maybe it gets' the Grass/Water pledge combo of setting up a swamp that sets the opponents speed to a quarter of what it normally is.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I like him but then I like monkeys. :P

But yeah, weird that grass monkey has become a reoccurring thing. Pansage, Rillaboom, and this guy, plus Passimian and Oranguru kind of read as grass types even though they aren't.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I like it. I can picture it being frenemies with Darkrai.

Also it wrestles as part of a tag team with Incineroar.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
A lot like Zeraora, this doesn't exactly strike me as a mythical. I do like the design though, although Leaf Guard is a bit underwhelming.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sandstorm plays in my head every time I see the name. Every time. This is going to be an issue lol.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
They continue to throw shade at Pokémon.
Black
800px-Zarude.png

articuno.jpg

zapdos.jpg

moltres.jpg

019Rattata-Alola.png

052Meowth-Galar.png

076Golem-Alola.png

618Stunfisk-Galar.png

800Necrozma.png

800px-799Guzzlord.png

800px-257Blaziken-Mega.png

800px-807Zeraora.png

Pokémon Black and White
800px-796Xurkitree.png

800px-Urshifu-Single_Strike.png

800px-862Obstagoon.png

White
222Corsola-Galar.png

037Vulpix-Alola.png

800px-555Darmanitan-Galar.png

800px-865Sirfetch%27d.png

813Scorbunny.png

So on and so forth.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My bet was on a eye-eye as the legendary. I knew it was definitely a primate.

The design is much better looking then I thought based off the sihoullete.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Please give him away via WiFi or pokemon home or something and not make me travel miles to go to an in person video game shop.

Oct 25, 2017
So it's a grass monkey. How wonderful. I'm sure some day they'll break this decade long streak of bad legendary/mythical Pokémon. Some day..

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Design owns. Looks like it could be any old Pokemon though, kinda wish it was so it was usable in a campaign.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I can see Zarude having stats similar to Weavile - fast, strong, frail. It's also a Dark-type primate, I'm pretty sure it's going to get STAB Knock Off. Throw in U-turn, and maybe something like Close Combat, and I think it'll be fine. Grass+Dark+Fighting is great coverage.

And even though Leaf Guard is disappointing, maybe it has a signature move that damages and sets sun at the same time, so it can heal/protect itself from status while dealing damage. Might be interesting.

Oct 26, 2017
Leaf Guard? Well, that's disappointing.

That aside, I enjoy the design of this Pokemon. I'd probably use it if it depending on its movepool.