TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I like you

Origins recycled too much. It boggles my mind that Era put it in such high regard

Recycled map, enemy variety, gameplay in general ... It felt like an expansion to City's

And the graphics suffered a downgrade, imo

The story was ... Ok? The other Arkham games had stories with some high stakes, but in Origins it felt like it wasn't as high

Cool bosses tho

WB Montreal's character models were a definite upgrade. Rocksteady's art didn't come into its own until Knight.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
WB Montreal's character models were a definite upgrade. Rocksteady's art didn't come into its own until Knight.
Art is debatable, so I won't deny it

But what Rocksteady did with the Unreal Engine on last gen consoles, and also with Arkham Knight was mindblowing

Origin's tech was different. Although also using UE, shaders were different or something, because everything had a more plastic look to it

Maybe it was due to artistic differences, and what Im saying about the tech may be wrong, but I dont think that it looks as good as the other games

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Future-proofed versions of one of the best trilogies of gaming and my GOAT Arkham City?

Woo boy

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great I just bought a dirt cheap copy of origins for 360 too. Well on the bright side free way to own the whole series for future PCs

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
so if i DL/add games on epic games store on mac but cannot play them do i keep them when i can play them (i have mac and am gunna get windows)

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not the Remastered versions of Asylum and City.
Yes it is, they are the GOTY editions. Also as a side note whatever the hell Epic have done to their library UI is fucking atrocious. I seriously do not understand how in 2019 a company can not get a storefront interface working even remotely close to as bad of a store as Windows is. Why do you have a grid or list view that when clicking a game it just...installs? You can't even go to the store page for information in list view.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not the same version as the new console remaster. He probably means that.

Arkham Asylum and City are amazing on PC by the way. Those 60 FPS make a huge difference.
The Return to Arkham collection for consoles had remastered versions of Asylum and City. The pc collection had the original versions.
Ohhh I see, I didn't even realise there were console re-releases my bad! Though given the fidelity that was already existing when Arkham Asylum came out all those years ago on PC I doubt much would be remastered. Probably was more the case consoles just getting the PC version.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Great week. Usually I forget to redeem the EGS free games of the week, but I'm not missing out on every Arkham game.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh I see, I didn't even realise there were console re-releases my bad! Though given the fidelity that was already existing when Arkham Asylum came out all those years ago on PC I doubt much would be remastered. Probably was more the case consoles just getting the PC version.

They made quite a few changes but a lot of people really didn't like them. Probably the best change was making the cutscenes real time.

I do think something looks a bit off with the remasters.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They made quite a few changes but a lot of people really didn't like them. Probably the best change was making the cutscenes real time.

I do think something looks a bit off with the remasters.

I actually really like the remasters. The upgraded cutscenes and textures go a long way to give the games a whole new look. Missed the PhysX effects, however.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How can anyone be salty about 6 free game is beyond me.

Also on a side note, everything and metro 2033 redux are next free games.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I like you

Origins recycled too much. It boggles my mind that Era put it in such high regard

Recycled map, enemy variety, gameplay in general ... It felt like an expansion to City's

And the graphics suffered a downgrade, imo

The story was ... Ok? The other Arkham games had stories with some high stakes, but in Origins it felt like it wasn't as high

Cool bosses tho

Origins is massively underrated and easily has the best story in the series.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I nearly ignored that since I also have Metro 2033, but I too only have the basic version. I shall grab it when it's here.

Oct 25, 2017
I still say their art isn't that great. The design of Gotham is solid, but the character designs still are weaker than Origins.
Yeah, Rocksteady's art is bad imo.
their Batman always looked off and got worse in Knight

Jesus those proportions.

Funny thing is freaking NetherRealm made the Arkham suit look more proportional in Injustice
latest

vs
latest

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is Arkham Knight full with Prmeium version with DLCs or not? Because I can't find the DLCs on the store.
Also why Batman all of a sudden this month? PS Plus giving AK and now Epic giving 6 Batman games and there is an upcoming Batman event in Fortnite. Is there an upcoming movie or something?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
God, it is so good exploring Arkham Asylum again. Still can't believe the game is 10 years old now ha ha.

I checked in-game after the download finished and yep, all the story DLCs and challenge maps appear to be in.

Oh sweet, glad they are including the season pass afterall.

I just remembered that Lego Batman 3 has a bunch of DLC too, so wonder if they included those.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Finally downloaded Arkham Knight, man this game looks pretty, 144fps with the config file unlock and so far so smooth. No DRM, and the DLCs seem to be included, (tried a few minutes of the Harley and Catwoman missions, got to 20% of Catwoman's. They seem pretty short).