Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Nice, got this thread on watch now.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
So selfishly I ask if we could organize this into quarters and maybe some visual flare on the type of RPG (ARPG, SRPG etc.) and platforms it is going to be on?

Again totally up front here with the selfish request.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
Should a credit RPG Codex anyone?
If you're taking a massive list like that and not crediting the creator, that's a bad thing. You can just put in where you got the list from, it's not a big deal. I'd recommend not using it if you don't want to do that. It's up to you. I'm subbed to this thread either way. Can't go wrong with lists of upcoming rpgs.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
So selfishly I ask if we could organize this into quarters and maybe some visual flare on the type of RPG (ARPG, SRPG etc.) and platforms it is going to be on?

I'm going to alphabetize the list right now, but I'll get to your suggestion later.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So, these are the two that im looking forward too. I would say they are still considered RPGs, but both are fairly lose lol.

First up is Sakuna of Rice and Ruin. More of a action platformer RPG, with some rice farming management. Here is the latest trailer for it, with a release date announcement finally lol:

Second is Outriders. Kinda closer to Destiny in terms of "rpg". Like Gears of War mixed with Destiny's RPG mechanics.

store.steampowered.com

OUTRIDERS on Steam

Outriders’ brutal and bloody combat combines frenetic gunplay, violent powers and deep RPG systems to create a true genre hybrid.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sure.

Vague Shakespearean theme.
Playable party members are Imogen (the leader), Viola, Paulina, Rosalind, Beatrice, Miranda, and Kate.
Social sim element between dungeons a la the later Persona games.
Combat visuals reminiscent of Shining Force & Golden Sun games. Combat gameplay based on our previous games like Cosmic Star Heroine.

Basically, imagine a modern Persona game with a Shakespearean magical girl theme, an indie-sized budget, a shorter runtime, and more of a comedic bent.
This sounds amazing! Wil definitely keep an eye on it.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
ss_ea55da722693d16a1d8dba260132074a2cf57195.1920x1080.jpg

Eastward's one of my most anticipated indie games. Action RPG with a Mother 3-esque visual style and quirky humor, and it's going to be on Switch.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Dwarf Fortress has an RPG mode and it's getting an accessibility overhaul/steam release this year or next year.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Was Vikings any good? I heard absolutely nothing about it.
Yes, it focused less on resource management and is more of a traditional CRPG than Conquistador but still very good. Similar setting to AC: Valhalla actually where you sail to England and can choose whether to go for diplomacy or conquest in order to strengthen your own homeland.

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020

Okay, for now, I'll try to put it into quarters by each of the first letter of the titles. So "A" will have it's own section with a space between titles that start with the letter "B." How's that sound?

I'll try to use place the types of RPGs they are in a parentheses next to each name later. All good?

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Self-promotion from me

I try to keep a list of dates updated for 2020 RPGs here -> https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/8830-the-rpgs-of-2020-every-rpg-and-their-release-dates . I am missing a few of the one you have, seems like mostly ones that dont have store pages.

Some notes: I stick to confirmed English releases only, mostly avoid mobile RPGS unless they are very notable (like Tales of Crestoria, recently)

I actually plan on putting up the 2021 RPGs feature soon.
Huh, I did not catch this...

Also, if anyone has anything more I should add to this list, please tell me.

Furthermore, I think someone also asked if I should use the Upcoming RPGs list on RPG Codex? Maybe I could use that and simply give more information to each of the listed? Or would using RPG Codex be unethical?