• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
He probably won't get fired but that's such a weird thing to do as an adult.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wild idea: he could approach her and tell her he was sorry for being a juvenile creep and that he hopes they can maintain a professional working relationship without her being uncomfortable.

Y'know. Cuz she's the actual victim here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Super unprofessional in an open office environment. I think firing would be a tad much, but he should definitely get a warning. The woman was literally just existing, is new to the job and environment, and doesn't want to worry about who is pointing and staring at her (in a sexual way, no less) when she's not looking. It's unfair to her.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
That's the thing. I really don't. I don't treat women like objects at all, and have actively avoided being responsible for them feeling that way. For instance, a friend I had a crush on slept over, got really drunk and wanted me to sleep in the same bed like we had the other night (before which she'd said she didn't think she wanted to have sex and we didn't). I helped her up to bed, told her I was going back to the living room for a little while and then slept on the couch, waking up to texts asking if I was mad at her. I just didn't want to be a regret, or for her to do anything she regretted while drunk, or take advantage of her. If I looked at them as objects, I wouldn't have done that and would've been called a pervert or creep or anything like that once in my life when I have not.

You are such a disappointment.

Why do you post like this? Take some time to think about why you get banned frequently. Take some time to think about why you don't fit in. Make some changes man. Be better.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Reminds me of my first day at my current job, OP. I got asked by a random male co-worker that I should smile more. Guess how that made me feel, OP?

Oct 31, 2017
If man can't enjoy the sight of a woman without childishly altering a friend at work of all places, man deserves whatever is coming

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microwave some spicy candy and have the entire building shutdown right before he is fired to distract management.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No way I'm real slick
ieyPG9c.gif

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I mean, that absolutely warranted an HR warning. Just from the HR perspective, it's a risk to workplace cohesion if he can't keep his horniness to himself. Whether or not it's firing-worthy depends on the rest of his history with the company, which it sounds like it wasn't. I get being uncomfortable with the whole office knowing, but that's what happens. People should let it go eventually if he behaves better going forward, but really it sounds like everyone's responding like they should to his behavior.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Y'know. Cuz she's the actual victim here.
Misogynists would rather play the victim card themselves, and unfortunately there are always other misogynists providing support. It's especially easy with today's internet to find a social bubble that provide the like-minded opinions they seek.
Unfortunately, instead of choosing to learn, they can easily find validation for the inappropriate behavior.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
As a state worker who has had to take sexual harassment training every year for the last 10 years, this is textbook. Grow up, breh.

Azuran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That fact that you called her a "ten" tells me everything I need to know. The only sad part about this story is that you didn't get caught as well.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The other day a guy i work with did something similar. She was behind us and we saw her as we got into the elevator. We exit at the same floor and so she's walking behind us. He starts talking about her in hushed tones as she trails us. I'm thinking to myself "dude stfu." I wouldnt have minded discussing how pretty he thought she was... just maybe later when she's not within earshot.

Lmao. This plus the avatar of the person you're replying to makes me think you know each other.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
If she's such an objectivly perfect 10 that any heterosexual man would notice it, surely there was no reason for your friend to point it out, particularly since you're married. You could have both noticed her, thought she looks pretty, and moved on with your day without having to share your thoughts on it.

It's almost like that was never really the point.

Some men have been so poorly socialized that they think communal or shared objectification of a woman is a good group bonding activity. You're wrong. HR was doing their jobs by trying to teach basic social norms and simple concepts like empathy. The kind of thing you're really supposed to know by 30.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is why it is best to not do or say anything. What could be harmless to one person, might make the other person feel uncomfortable/harassed.

Marvelous

Nov 3, 2017
Lol. No
That dude is absolutely nasty. I see him around and just avoid him.
I like how he's so undeniably nasty but directed sexism and casual defense of your wrongful actions is so acceptable. At least that guy isn't hurting anyone. To this new coworker of yours, you and your friend are the nasty ones in need of avoidance.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'm sorry your friend may lose their job, in today's climate that's a tough gig, but I'm sorry to say it honestly reads to me like something from a High School. It's a painfully immature comment to make and incredibly disrespectful. That shit really doesn't fly anywhere and if it does fly, well... that doesn't sound like the nicest work environment.

I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it, but he's going to have to take this as lesson learned and grow up a bit.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
If she's such an objectivly perfect 10 that any heterosexual man would notice it, surely there was no reason for your friend to point it out, particularly since you're married. You could have both noticed her, thought she looks pretty, and moved on with your day without having to share your thoughts on it.

It's almost like that was never really the point.

Some men have been so poorly socialized that they think communal or shared objectification of a woman is a good group bonding activity. You're wrong. HR was doing their jobs by trying to teach basic social norms and simple concepts like empathy. The kind of thing you're really supposed to know by 30.

I mean, lets be real here. HR was covering the company's liability. Which means they believed that shit was legally actionable.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, lets be real here. HR was covering the company's liability. Which means they believed that shit was legally actionable.
that's probably true too, but this is one of the cases where doing the right thing and covering their asses are the same thing so it really doesn't matter. It just means that OP's friend fucked up on multiple levels

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
that's probably true too, but this is one of the cases where doing the right thing and covering their asses are the same thing so it really doesn't matter. It just means that OP's friend fucked up on multiple levels

yeah i don't know which version of 'human' resources they are, but the cold root of it is legal action. which should be a signal of how serious it is; to op, his friend, anyone left still thinking it's not a big deal to do that, and not just some 'bullshit.' it's not like the legal system decided one day to be in everyone's quite literal business - it's because it's a real problem.

Falcon

Oct 27, 2017
So wait real talk, is it creepy to appreciate that some girl is pretty? Or was it that he was trying to point it out to his friend? I think the OP is doing a shit job of making this situation not look creepy but I generally wouldn't have considered it harassment if there was no intent to do anything bad, let alone her noticing him motioning. If I see some hot girl on the street and I poke my GF to look at how cute she is, is that fucked up?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So wait real talk, is it creepy to appreciate that some girl is pretty? Or was it that he was trying to point it out to his friend? I think the OP is doing a shit job of making this situation not look creepy but I generally wouldn't have considered it harassment if there was no intent to do anything bad, let alone her noticing him motioning. If I see some hot girl on the street and I poke my GF to look at how cute she is, is that fucked up?
It's the fucking workplace!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Take those feelings, stuff them in a pocket, and then read them out when you're with your alone friends and not in the middle of a public space where someone gestures to check out some chick to ogle. She saw it and caught him red-handed

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada

Everyone appreciates beauty. You just keep that shit to yourself until an appropriate time. At the very least wait until said woman is out of the fucking room. Realistically though it's incredibly unprofessional to do at work and OPs friend definately deserved what he got.

Concerning doing it to random strangers in public, you do you but don't make a big scene out of it and start pointing at the girl in question cause just about anyone is gonna find that rude as hell.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Everyone appreciates beauty. You just keep that shit to yourself until an appropriate time. At the very least wait until said woman is out of the fucking room. Realistically though it's incredibly unprofessional to do at work and OPs friend definately deserved what he got.

That's definitely the heart of it. Nothing wrong with finding someone attractive, but when you start expressing it in such a way that makes someone feel uncomfortable in the workplace, than it definitely something that needs to be addressed.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm all for me too"
"She's a 10"

You're like one beer away from calling this woman a B-Word and you know it.