Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Imagine OP ever meeting a wasp, smh.
Bumblebees are your friend. This one probably wanted to hug you. Meanwhile, wasps will eat your lunch, stab your face and steal your girl

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so scared of bees and wasps, it's not even funny...

I think my fear started when I was a little kid and I grabbed a bee in my hand...cried for hours...

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since I learned at the age of 6 not to aggravate bees I've not been stung by one. When one gets close I just hold still like a statue and it fucks off after a second.
Wasps on the other hand must be murdered.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
obtnqg11qyjz.jpg

OP at 5

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a bee in my garden right now. It's a tiny little thing so it must be quite young. It's just buzzing around, minding it's own business. I think it's adorable but unless there's a hive nearby I don't know about it must be pretty far from home.

Maybe I should call it an Uber. 🤔

OP
OP
UltraMav

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Are you allergic to bees OP?

Not that I know of. It's been a long time since I've been stung.

Edit: Also, upon further research it appears to actually be a carpenter bee. Most likely a male that is guarding a nest, as they act aggressively but do not have stingers.

Although I didn't notice any yellow splotches on its head, so it could also be a big mama bee.

Apparently it/they decided to nest in my old wooden patio cover.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Were you wearing a white shirt? Insects are attracted to white clothes. It annoys the hell out of me because I'm always wearing a white tee while I'm home and these fuckers just flock to me.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
There was a huge bumblebee in my room the other day. We watched a movie all evening and after we were done it appeared although it was in the room all evening. We tried steering it out the window but it was night and cold outside so I don't know if it would have survived but I wouldn't leave anyway. It flew back behind my projector screen where it must have been hiding the entire time. It was quiet and we decided not to chase it. So I went to bed in the room and it stayed put the entire night. Then in the morning the bumblebee woke up again and reappeared. So we opened the window and it flew out right away. Biggest bumblebee I had ever seen and it was loud. I googled and considering the size and time of the year I think it might have been a queen.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are going to pile on you OP, but I understand you. When I was 4, I was minding my own business on my mom's lap when suddenly this big ol' bumblebee lands on my pinkie and stings me out of sheer spite. I swear it must have been some sort of serial killer bee. Just goes to show there are bees of all kind out there.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
What do you think? Build houses and fucking up their daily routines by changing flowers here to there and back again? It's their world now. They're taking it back.

Nature is HEALING

Kleefeld

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Are bumblebess stupid? They all fly against the wall of my apartment building and die.
Btw, the German word for bumblebee is Hummel. cute name for a cute thing.

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Bumblebee usually only sting if they are trapped.

As a kid I would catch them with my bare finger by the wing (gently) and put a thread around their waist. I would then 'walk' them around on a leach. They would just continue going from flower to flower. After I was done with them, I would remove the thread and let them go. Only time I got stunk is when I stepped on one as a very young kid.

They die after they sting so it's rare they sting unless they are trapped or their colony is threaten.

However, I am talking about the local species (in eastern Canada), don't know about the ones in your neck of the woods.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They die after they sting so it's rare they sting unless they are trapped or their colony is threaten.

However, I am talking about the local species (in eastern Canada), don't know about the ones in your neck of the woods.

Bumblebees can sting multiple times. It's the honey bee that dies after one sting (on a human).

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
In addition to stinging they can also bite with their mandibles. I once got bitten by a wasp, it hurt a lot since it was in the lip (I think the wasp wanted my food). Not as bad as a sting but still took a while to stop hurting.

There's a bee in my garden right now. It's a tiny little thing so it must be quite young. It's just buzzing around, minding it's own business. I think it's adorable but unless there's a hive nearby I don't know about it must be pretty far from home.

Maybe I should call it an Uber. 🤔
I don't think insects like that grow after reaching their imago form, if it was younger it would be a larva. Like flies that's either a sign of not enough food or just a smaller species as a whole. Also not all bees are hive builders, some are solitary and others build only small nests. The European terrestrial bumble bee lives in groups of 30 or so.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Bumblebees are dangerous y'all

tenor.gif

the motorcycle's name is bumblebee

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where i go running there is bathroom that is guarded by a bees nest consistantly every summer. I have been stung numerous times just trying to take a leak/get a drink from the fountain

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
You 100% sure it was a bee and not a wasp? Bumblebees only sting when they feel like they're going to die.
5f573cea041ebf0c33af7b03734bcb67--bee-identification-garden-bugs.jpg

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bumblebees are the best, it probably had a good reason. You should be careful next time, think things through.

OP
OP
UltraMav

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
You 100% sure it was a bee and not a wasp? Bumblebees only sting when they feel like they're going to die.
5f573cea041ebf0c33af7b03734bcb67--bee-identification-garden-bugs.jpg

I posted an update that I believe it is a carpenter bee, which explains the aggressiveness, as males are very territorial. Apparently he has also chased all the wasps out of my backyard, as I haven't seen them since he showed up.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
The bee probably didn't even register your existence.

It just wanted to lick up that salty fear sweat.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Never been stung before. I used to do a bit of beekeeping. Wasps are bad and awful though. I see a few Bumblebee's around my garden pollinating my plants and vegetables which is pretty nice.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Bumblebees generally won't go after you, so this one must be sick. You'd better be extra careful OP, this one has...

ra-bees

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel you, OP. I don't know why, but bumblebees just LOVE to temporarily nest in my hair. Has been happening since elementary school. I've changed shampoos and hair products multiple times over the years, I don't dye my hair any odd colours that attract them (natural dirty-dishwater brown here) but when I see a bumblebee near me, I know what's about to happen: it'll fly toward me, hover over my head for a short bit, then park and nestle itself into my hair. And they really get in there, as close to the scalp as they can get.

I used to run from them as a child and they would mercilessly stalk me, but nowadays, I just get up and walk inside before they have a chance to chillax on my head. It's for their own protection and mine. I had one in my hair once without knowing it, combed my fingers through my hair and accidentally crippled it, and its natural response was obvious. In multiple other occasions, I forget that it's in my hair, go inside and find out MUCH later that it's been trapped indoors with our pets and subject to being stalked and murdered if I can't get to it first. So it's best for everyone involved that it just shouldn't happen.

He just thinks you're cool or that you smell good, dude. That's it. Take it as something complimentary.