• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
it's very stupid
buying potions? i never use them, they're consumables
buying mana potions? hell yeah i gotta use heal spells

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I'm playing an RPG and the dungeon splits into multiple paths, as soon as I figure out that I chose the "right" path I immediately back-track and check the branch-offs I missed.
This. Always do it and always hate doing it cause it kinda breaks the pacing in a lot of games. Just too afraid of missing items or secrets or whatever :p.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I always keep one of every item, even if the item is supposed to be sold for money. It's my way of having a checklist of what I have picked up in game.

it's very stupid
buying potions? i never use them, they're consumables
buying mana potions? hell yeah i gotta use heal spells

This is me lol.

Why buy consumables? I have a healing spell!

*mid way through dungeon

Why can't I keep my MP high!?

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Playing visual novels I have to meticulously take two saves for every chapter, one at start and one for the in between sessions.
The consumable items in general are a curse, can't never decide when it's time to use them. The developers should think of better ways to make it obvious when to use them. The only game I can remember that got it right is the first Resident Evil. It was cool, from time to time, having to run and fight the least possible without bullets and herbs until reaching the next save room.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
I explore every single corner in every game, i even try to reach places that aren't reachable, surprised in some instances.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm super ocd about talking to every single npc after everything just incase something changes. It slows some games a lot.

GreySquirrel

Oct 27, 2017
I think Assassins Creed Origins has broken me. I'm 90 hours in and accepted long ago I'm not going to complete every map marker. I've only recently started to sell off rare weapons coz Ive been saving anything with stats in areas slightly better than what I have already

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Me back then in FF7/8.

99 potions, at least 50 high-potions. Saving up all those mega phoenix / elixir / megalixir to prepare for any upcoming hard battles.

Ended up not using most of it by the time i finished the game...

PotionBleue

Nov 1, 2017
I tend to not use consumables that can't be obtained easily. For example I never used Max Revives in Pokémon as you can't buy them; instead Revives or Revival Herb (even if it decreases friendship).

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
When playing racing games. I restart at the slightest mistake. It may be the end of the last lap, but if I spin out, I have a reflex that pauses and restarts so fast that I don't control it much anymore. Consequently, I haven't seen the credits in many racing games.

Descendant

Fallen Guardian
Nov 2, 2017
I also do the 99 potion thing, but I also never use the special items like elixers and megaelixers until the final boss or something.