Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I dont get why people defend disney and the mcu so much but whatever makes you happy. Disney has been pushing for a marvel movie to get an oscar win for years and I guess this is finally the year. But some of those nominations are just mind boggling.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I feel all the film producers should fight over a waterfall to determine the winner of best picture.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
HOW THE FUCK DOES BEALE STREET GET SNUBBED? WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK

That fucking Green Book and Bohemian fucking Rhapsody (and I love Queen/Freddie!) gets nominated says it all about that dumb fucking academy. First Florida Project, now this. Holy shit, they do not get movies in 2019. That much is clear.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018
All these people crying over Black Panther is hilarious. Especially when Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody got fucking nominated.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Best Animated Feature... Mirai is the definite long-shot, but it is good to see a Hosoda film get a nomination nod. Also great that Spider-Verse got one, but the award is going to go to The Incredibles 2 (unfortunately).

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me that Bradley Cooper is getting nominated for best actor, in a film he directed himself, yet his direction wasnt considered worthy. Huh.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, only 8/10 best picture slots were filled? That's dumb.
Congrats to the noms obviously.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
What is going on America? Black Panther nominated for Best Picture?!

americanrage.gif

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Current Ranking for Me:

The Favourite
Roma
Blackkklansman
A Star is Born
Black Panther
Green Book
Bohemian Rhapsody

Seeing Vice this weekend

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
All these people crying over Black Panther is hilarious. Especially when Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody got fucking nominated.
It's not because worse films get nominated that Black Panther (an important movie, but in artistically a mediocre one) deserves one. Especially when much better films like First Man, If Beale Street Could Talk and First Reformed are robbed

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God, those best picture nominees are TERRIBLE.

Olivia Colman better win best actress, and Spider-Verse better win best animated picture. Otherwise, whatever.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm rooting for the artistic choice, Roma, or the cultural juggernaut, Black Panther, since A Star is Born has no chance with that editing and Director snub. We must rally against Green Book, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Vice. Kinda telling when Crash, of all movies, is better than those three lol.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Wrong. Black Panther deserves it. It is one of the best reviewed movies of the year and a cultural milestone. Ignoring it would be insane, your personal opinio aside.
So was Wonder Woman and it didnt get a single nomination last year. And to be fair I'm glad that it didn't because it wasn't that great of a movie but if you compare one you should compare the other based on the attributes you mentioned.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the thread where people will be salty at Black Panther and ignore worse movies like Bohemian Rhapsody and Green Book getting nominated for Best Picture as well

Also, already seeing "MCU/Disney conspiracy" and "diversity bait" posts. Lmao, this is sad

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
The best picture list is shockingly whack outside of Roma and The Favourite. I expected Annihilation and You Were Never Really Here, among others, to be left out. But goddamn. No Widows? No Beale Street?

Maybe they should've stuck to doing the MTV Popular Movie award.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Why people still care about the Oscars I do not know.
Every years the picks are just random and baffling.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not because worse films get nominated that Black Panther (an important movie, but in artistically a mediocre one) deserves one. Especially when much better films like First Man, If Beale Street Could Talk and First Reformed are robbed
I mean, only 8 slots were filled so the robbed argument doesn't really apply this year.

Oct 27, 2017
Bridges getting supporting over him was a fucking joke.

I watched the movie after it was nominated for all the awards. Bridges is good in it, but I came out of the movie like, "...What? It's just usual grumbling Jeff Bridges. Ben Foster was by far the best actor in the movie."

I legit forgot Jeff Bridges was even in the movie before you mentioned him, hahaha.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Vice was my favorite movie this year so I'm cheering for that.

Also nice to see a lot of Black Panther love.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Black Pather being a BP nominee is fine. Bohemian Rhapsody being nominated over If Beale Street Could Talk is the true crime here.