• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo_Womens_History_Month_001.jpg

I remember being so happy seeing bombette acknowledged as one of the leading Nintendo ladies. It would be cool if they did this again with some other characters.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Uh, that's weird. Not only it has a huge "who ?" energy, but even when going for a PM character, why go toward the boring "Bob Omb but Pink with a heart because she's a girl !" and not going toward the insanely bad ass Lady Bow ?

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wait, they had no image for Isabelle?! :O

Oh I guess that was just before New Leaf came out, so she wasn't really out there yet, safe for Japan.
edit: I can't math. Five is not seven lol

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of weird snubs here, even for the time and taking out the "damsel" characters. Isabelle is like the best example of the hardworking citizen the "We can do it" pieces were targeted at.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Wait, they had no image for Isabelle?! :O

Oh I guess that was just before New Leaf came out, so she wasn't really out there yet, safe for Japan.
If it was indeed 5 years ago, New Leaf already released everywhere !
November 2012 in Japan, first half of 2013 in the west. They probably only went for women who fights and goes on adventure. Isabelle could now be part of this tho, thanks to Smash ! But she's a hardworking secretary, she should be here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
If it was indeed 5 years ago, New Leaf already released everywhere !
November 2012 in Japan, first half of 2013 in the west. They probably only went for women who fights and goes on adventure. Isabelle could now be part of this tho, thanks to Smash ! But she's a hardworking secretary, she should be here.
Why can't you wait until I edited after realizing I can't math.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wanna say this happened pretty shortly after Paper Mario hit the Wii U Virtual Console. As much as I want to believe Bombette was put in because someone at Nintendo genuinely remembered her, I figure it was marketing.

Still yeah they should do it again and celebrate even more characters, including the really obscure ones.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i hope they do it again.
it can't be denied tho, nintendo needs more female protagonists in their games. they're lacking.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo did something similar a couple of years ago.

play.nintendo.com

Characters who inspire us to reach for the stars and beyond!

A celebration of fantastically fierce female characters from Nintendo video games.

Here's the dirty little secret of that list though: It's really just advertising then-recent Switch/3DS games.

Peach - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Samus - Metroid: Samus Returns
Pauline - Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Toadette - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Isabelle - Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome Amiibo
Rosalina - Smash Bros. 3DS
Daisy - Mario Sports Superstar
Ribbon Girl - ARMS
Pearl & Marina - Splatoon 2

Rosalina advertising Smash 3DS and not something like Mario 3D World or even Smash Wii U cracks me up to this day, lol