• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 31, 2021
It's not listed on the website, but there's a $50 bonus going on for Pro Members. So if you're sitting on last gen hardware now might be a good time to trade.

I got $650 for my PS4 Pro and One X.

Pro members will get $260 for a Switch. Non members will get $240.

The bonus will be applied automatically.

You can check base values here

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
$220 for a Switch.

.......that is seriously tempting to trade it towards an OLED model & only pay $130 + tax out of pocket...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
...PS4 Pros trade in for $325...

Thats, like, $75 less than I paid for mine almost 5 years ago now.

What on EARTH is going on

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not listed on the website, but there's a $50 bonus going on for Pro Members. So if you're sitting on last gen hardware now might be a good time to trade.

I got $650 for my PS4 Pro and One X.

You can check base values here

DAMN, what the hell. I literally haven't turned mine on since I got the new ones. I may just do this! It'd be a lock if it weren't for the fact I don't fuck with GS like that.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
...PS4 Pros trade in for $325...

Thats, like, $75 less than I paid for mine almost 5 years ago now.

What on EARTH is going on
They discontinued the PS4 Pro last year so the values are high. I was able to sell mine for $350 in April which was more than I paid for it with a PS4 trade. I couldn't believe it.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, I just sold my Xbox One X a couple of weeks ago since $250 seemed really good. I kept the gift card as I might get a PS5... maybe I should ditch the PS4 now and combine them for a heavily discounted PS5

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hm. I do have a One X laying around, so that would entirely pay for a Series S (assuming I can get one in the next GameStop stock drop of them)?

Kinda tempting, I suppose.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Might give them my White Pro since I got the 5. $325 is tempting. Only problem is I'm not a Pro member with them.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Prob will trade my one x and my launch one in for $350 to put toward a series X whenever they are in stock.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Seriously. This is beyond tempting.

Hell $300 credit for my PS4 PRO is as well, since I'm not a Gamestop member.

But I keep forgeting to trasfer my saved gameplay clips, to a usb stick. 😕

No one knows when the promo ends 😬

"Present this at any GameStop location. Generated 9/28/21. Offer expires at the end of business day today."

Does it automatically keep changing dates daily lol? Or is really going to end today.

Oct 31, 2017
Goddamn, I have both a PS4 Pro and a One X that I'd like to trade in to Gamestop, especially while they are running extra trade-in deals. The problem is I have a PS5 but not a Series X, which is what I'd try and place all of this store credit towards.

How long does in store credit last at GS? A year?

If I could guarantee grabbing a Series X from a Gamestop as I was doing this, I'd go do this ASAP. Otherwise, I'd be without an Xbox for a bit, which I'd like to avoid, preferably. Damn...

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, you get a gift card that can be used on anything they sell.

Just make sure you're a pro member to get the bonus, the membership is $15.

No one knows when the promo ends 😬

Cool, yeah I'm gonna head tomorrow morning lol. Also have a PS4 Pro and a One X just sitting here and well they wont be sitting here if I can get $650 for them that I can use to buy a Series X... whenever its easier to get one

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
After nearly year of it collecting dust, I just hooked my Pro up in the office using PSVR as a display, but $325 is super tempting. I also have a SAD just sitting here too which nets $215 with the bonus. Hell I only paid $142 for it new.

I'm good on the next gen systems though, so I'd need to see what my options are besides loading up on XBL/PSN currency. I know at one point you could use credit on Amazon cards, but I haven't dealt with Gamestop in years.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I have a One X laying around, maybe I should trade it in for store credit for the eventual ps5 I want to get.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
So a launch switch gets you $200 in store credit, if you're a pro member that gets you $250 then it seems

edit: apparently switches aren't part of the deal

Last edited:

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, I haven't touched my one x since I got the series x. Maybe I'll trade it in and wait until PS5s are in stock...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Does GameStop take trade ins of console only, no controller? I wanna keep my dang DualShock.
You don't need to have a controller, but they "charge" you for a used controller and take that out of the trade in amount
That said, usually these trade promotions have the requirement that you need to include a controller. Without this promotion being on the website, its not possible to read the fine print

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
How do they accept trade in of limited edition consoles?

for example if i have a God of war ps4 pro i want to trade in? How do they punch that into their system?

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do they accept trade in of limited edition consoles?

for example if i have a God of war ps4 pro i want to trade in? How do they punch that into their system?
I don't think they care about LEs. It would just be treated the same as a normal PS4 Pro.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think they care about LEs. It would just be treated the same as a normal PS4 Pro.
I get that i wont get a better deal on them, i was just worried that if i brought it in and they only have like the standard pro models in their system and would not recognize the LE as a system that can be traded in.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
If you do trade in, make sure you have EVERYTHING! I forgot the USB cable and they wanted to deduct something like $25 from my trade in several years ago when I went from an OG PS4 to the PS4 Slim.

Luckily, I live close by the GS and the drive was worth the store credit.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't work on switch's but does on Xboxes and PS4s