• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I think I am in for the upgrade from a 2080 Ti. I will need to see metrics tomorrow. Part of me thinks I should just wait for the 4000 series cards.

Shifty Capone

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think I am in for the upgrade from a 2080 Ti. I will need to see metrics tomorrow. Part of me thinks I should just wait for the 4000 series cards.

The sad part is metrics/benchmarks come out at the same time as release. If you want a 3090, you're more than likely going to need to jump on it right away before anyone is actually able to view them. Otherwise you may be forced to wait for the 40xx just due to stock issues!

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Really hoping I can grab one tomorrow! Upgrading from my beautiful 1080ti. My Samsung Odyssey G9 should be here in the coming weeks so they would compliment each other very nicely!

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
good luck to those going for the 3090.

a bit too much for me...especially after ordering a bunch of other expensive tech in the past week

Oct 27, 2017
The sad part is metrics/benchmarks come out at the same time as release. If you want a 3090, you're more than likely going to need to jump on it right away before anyone is actually able to view them. Otherwise you may be forced to wait for the 40xx just due to stock issues!

I don't mind waiting for retsocks and more 3090's to become available. I doubt stock issues last for two years. Also gives me a chance to see which card to get based on user feedback on OCN and other overclocking sites.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I've got one preordered a while back, but I really want two for vram pooling and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get another one anytime soon :/

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be F5'ing like my life depends on it tomorrow at 2pm. Gimme that Rog STRIX OC.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Yes sir, that is one of the most succinct and appropriate write-ups one could have. I'm ready to suffer and forgo a few months of electricity. Let's get it boys/girls!

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Good luck everyone after one. Also great job with the opening post OP, the image and what you wrote really made me chuckle.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
That OP is a thing of beauty. Good luck and Godspeed everyone.

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only site that seems to withstand the pressure seems to be Amazon, but they've been so fickle with 3080 card stock that there really is no reliable site out there.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
My GTX 1080 has got to go! I have shit to render, and I'm gonna pay out the nose to do it. I wish you all luck!

Remember:
we-spared-no-expense.jpg

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
This thread OP is so fucking depressing, but it's spot on.

My tears are already standing by in my ducts for 6:03 am when my basket freezes and I can't check out.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
I have no interest in buying a graphics card right now but I came in here to tell OP that I love your OP.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in for a 3090 FE if the bots don't snatch them all up before the website can even load for humans.

Then, I wait for the EK water block.

Nvidia's site is the only place to get the FE right?

OP
OP
Lump

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

One thing to note about Best Buy from the 3080 launch and the recent console launches is that they are not exact 6 AM PT launches. It's later by either a few minutes or a few hours and the site gets flaky when stock starts to trickle.

Also the app is somewhat more reliable than the site but both the app and the site are subject to failure when the traffic really starts to hit.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn ya'll still in for a 3090 after the 10% imporement over the 3080 results, I knew it wouldn't matter because it doesn't to me but I hoped more people would drop out so I had a better chance :)

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Damn ya'll still in for a 3090 after the 10% imporement over the 3080 results, I knew it wouldn't matter because it doesn't to me but I hoped more people would drop out so I had a better chance :)

The thread has 2 pages on launch day so I wouldn;t say that many people are in for them lol

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Well........even if I wanted one, it would have to wait until around next Wednesday since that's when my bonus will arrive.

I sure hope this looks marginally better by then.