SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Every single year NBA 2K gets even worse with this type of shit. And every single year more and more people buy NBA 2K.

It's the same thing with FIFA. I've run out of sympathy for the people who still buy these games at full price.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of many player bases that willingly take as much shit and keep coming back as the NBA 2K one. I don't play basketball games, but that core gameplay experience better be fucking incredible to justify how blatantly they screw players over in other aspects of the game.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
2K: Let's just throw it in and see how it goes , reaction can't be that ba-

*10 mins later*

2K:Holy shit!! ABORT ABORT ABORT!!

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So from their point of view, the problem is that the unskippable ads played at the wrong time, lol

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Instead, we'll be placing it randomly during gameplay. It will only play for 5 seconds then you'll have an option to skip it to get back to your game. Finish the whole ad and you'll instantly gain 100 worth of VC points. Also, please don't forget the next gen version is $70.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Games are so complex these days. Unintended things just happen all the time. Earlier I was playing Halo and in a cutscene Master Chief turned around started telling me that what my father did to me was actually my fault all along.
To be fair at least Master Chief didn't try to sell you Mountain Dew. Although seeing him pulling a bottle and telling you how good it tastes would have been pretty funny.

MattDoza

Oct 27, 2017
Eastern WA
This whole thing has been weird to me because of the misinformation that has spread. 2K does some SCUMMY things. But this is so insignificant to the actual grimey aspects of 2K Basketball.

To explain, the ad that is in question is part of a weekly show that 2K (called 2KTV) runs. At the beginning of this week's(now last week by now) episode, there was an ad they ran on the video for the Oculus Quest 2. So, the site that originally reported this "unskippable ad" ran a game from PlayNow Online, and the episode that will play during loading screens (that you cannot skip regardless because it's loading) started from the beginning of the episode making it seem like 2K ran an ad that you can't skip. Again, it's a damn loading screen, there is no skipping such a thing.

It's annoying. Bullshit ad placement. But it's so far beyond the shitty things 2K does. And it offers zero insight to the actual shit 2K does that is garbage.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
This whole thing has been weird to me because of the misinformation that has spread. 2K does some SCUMMY things. But this is so insignificant to the actual grimey aspects of 2K Basketball.

To explain, the ad that is in question is part of a weekly show that 2K runs. At the beginning of this week's(now last week by now) episode, there was an ad they ran on the video for the Oculus Quest 2. So, the site that originally reported this "unskippable ad" ran a game from PlayNow Online, and the episode that will play during loading screens (that you cannot skip I'll add) started from the beginning of the episode making it seem like 2K ran an ad that you can't skip. Again, it's a damn loading screen, there is no skipping such a thing.

It's annoying. Bullshit ad placement. But it's so far beyond the shitty things 2K does. And it offers zero insight to the actual shit 2K does that is garbage.
They deserve to get shit on for any and all of this stuff. Yes I agree this isn't even the tip of the iceberg for the bullshit they pack into these games now. NBA 2K was my favorite sports franchise ever. Now it's just typical disgusting money grab like Madden or FIFA.

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a theory forever that they're scummier even than this:

a few years back, I started to notice that if I purchased VC and then joined my brothers for a Pro-Am game, we would be matched up with some team way beneath us. We would stomp, they would get discouraged. If I went a couple weeks without purchasing, we would invariably run into teams with high overalls. I can't confirm it, but it seemed like competitive match making was not in play...it seemed like it was tied to purchasing virtual currency.

Side note: they have a ton of ads throughout the game, whether that's branded content in the stores, or making you wait 5 seconds during a time out so you see the Gatorade logo long enough, or adding branding like Mobil 1 to a block replay, which I think still plays even if you have it set to never do that.