Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Biggest frauds so far of Denmark, Belgium and Germany? Afaik Denmark was very hyped and rated before the world cup winning twice against france etc in nations league and having a great qualifications.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Spain came out on top with the easiest path of all to the semi-finals and no Germany to stop Brazil. Great result for both Japan and Spain.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
New Japanese flag

jhIuNZV.png

d43ec6d47f55fcdb54c127612a872b66.jpg

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
England
I complain about Southgateball but honestly watching Spain is even worse

Absolute torture, can't wait for them to get knocked out while having 88% possession

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Got home when Spain was already losing, so I don't know how the first half went, but whew, that wasn't pretty. And while the overall path is, on paper (and even then...), easier, I'm way more wary about Morocco than Croatia.
Spain came out on top with the easiest path of all to the semi-finals and no Germany to stop Brazil. Great result for both Japan and Spain.
We can also be anime, not just Japan
fetchimage

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Germany Quiet Quitting the second time in a row a World Cup in authoritarian hellholes.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Germany was never going to stop Brazil anyway.
I think a weak Germany would beat the strongest Brazilian team. But right now there is no team capable of beating Brazil, not even France so GG Brazil. I gotta get used to seeing Neymar lifting the trophy I guess.. don't like him at all but what can you do.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Predictions for tomorrow:

South Korea 1 - 1 Portugal
Ghana 3 - 1 Uruguay
Cameroon 0 - 2 Brazil
Serbia 2 - 1 Switzerland

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil will "probably" win, but man, it's football. Would be not surprised that they get kicked out at any point moving forward.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Apparently this was from the onboard sensors.

RDT_20221201_2152084861032427954047753.jpg

Though it being a Champions League ball on the graphic is suspicious, hmm.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
I think a weak Germany would beat the strongest Brazilian team. But right now there is no team capable of beating Brazil, not even France so GG Brazil. I gotta get used to seeing Neymar lifting the trophy I guess.. don't like him at all but what can you do.
How is Brazil going to stop Mbappe? 🤔

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I've enjoyed watching France and Brazil the most out of all the teams in this WC so far. Feels like one of those teams' Cup to lose.

…I do think England might surprise some detractors in this tournament too, though.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
How is Brazil going to stop Mbappe? 🤔
I think it's possible that Mbappe stops himself but regardless I think Brazil has won it already, they will crush Netherlands in the semifinals. Might as well give them the trophy now. Sucks to see a bunch of Bolsonaro supporters win it but thats' futbol,

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's possible that Mbappe stops himself but regardless I think Brazil has won it already, they will crush Netherlands in the semifinals. Might as well give them the trophy now. Sucks to see a bunch of Bolsonaro supporters win it but thats' futbol,
Bet Brazil would trade everything to have won it in 2014 at home. They will most likely never host again.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
By shooting more goals.
Brazil only scored three times so far. Same as Mbappe lol

Think it will be Argentina - Brazil in the semis which would be amazing.

If the Netherlands wasn't able to create a blowout against Qatar then it certainly won't be able to against the USA. In the current form of both teams it's going to be a nail biter. If some of the Netherlands out of shape players get back in shape, not so much.
Tbf it's a different ball game in the KO stage. Not like that game mattered.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as the ball is in, wouldn't this be offside as there is no Spain player between the ball and the goal line?

I'm not super well-versed on the nuances of offside, so any clarification is welcome.

Nah the goalscorer is behind the ball so it's irrelevant regarding the Spanish players.

poklane

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Seeing as the ball is in, wouldn't this be offside as there is no Spain player between the ball and the goal line?

I'm not super well-versed on the nuances of offside, so any clarification is welcome.
It's never offside if the player who received the ball was behind the ball at the moment the ball was played towards him. The only way a Japanese player could have been offside here is if they weren't even within the lines.

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
You're literally quoting the picture I posted lmao

edit: actually you seem to have the updated version, however I still beat you to correcting me so hah.
haha, yeah. For some reason I thought I was on the most recent page, but had been taken back--read through the thread after posting but figured mind as well leave it up. Thought it was funny I literally googled the rule to make sure and this was the first link, lmao.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Can't believe how Germany brought down my mood so much by scoring, those few minutes both Germany and Spain were out were glorious

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
The ball was clearly out, but in the age of VAR it's cool we can still get these kind of calls that completely change the game (and cause chaos)

Old_King_Coal

Nov 1, 2017
It's never offside if the player who received the ball was behind the ball at the moment the ball was played towards him. The only way a Japanese player could have been offside here is if they weren't even within the lines.
I think if you are off the pitch you are legally considered to be on the line, so even that would be onside, I think.