• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
So is it pretty safe to assume that New Pokemon Snap (Digital) won't be getting a discount at all this season? I feel like I should just focus on getting a small deal on a Gamestop GC and buying it then instead of waiting for a sale on the game itself.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So is it pretty safe to assume that New Pokemon Snap (Digital) won't be getting a discount at all this season? I feel like I should just focus on getting a small deal on a Gamestop GC and buying it then instead of waiting for a sale on the game itself.

Pretty good chance it won't get a sale until 2023. I mean, it's Nintendo & Pokemon after all.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Infuriating. I've missed every sale so far due to not being quick enough (I thought many would last a week) then I finally snag one with Tsushima for $28 from Dell. Can't find my card to add the CVV. Find the card an hour later and it's back to $50. I can't catch a fucking break. Probably won't find it anywhere at that price the rest of the holiday

May 15, 2019
Is COD Vanguard worth it? I initially wasn't going to buy it but I now have it shipping from Walmart. Got two copies (PS4 copy for brother, PS5 for me) for $39/each, but didn't know how to feel about it. I'm a long time COD fan but was initially turned off a bit by standard WW2 and feeling it'd be a copy paste of COD WW2.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I've been holding out since launch and still nothing. I highly doubt it's permanent, but maybe they just find it not viable to port?

It's a shame because the tech/performance issues seem to be the main problem with the game and why I won't buy it on Switch.

We have several sales going, but I want to draw people's attention to Cthulhu Saves Christmas. Biggest Steam sale to date (50% off). 88% positive on Steam, 84% Metacritic score. And it's a perfect time to play a Christmas-y game. :)

Just curious: is there a reason why this game isn't on sale in the Switch eShop?

Psykoboy2

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Here's the haul....so far:

Ghost Of Tsushima - Dell coming in with the save on that one
Hot Wheels Unleashed
Sonic Colors
Mafia Trilogy
Deathloop
GotG
Oculus Quest 2
Astral Chain
Paper Mario
Breath of The Wild

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
what the hell

did anyone get their B2G1 orders from GAMESTOP?
Do the games come individually or it should have all of them in the package?

I finally received my order and it only had one game in it. 😑

GameOver

Jan 26, 2021
I tried to price match Mass Effect Legendary Edition at Best Buy and they told me they aren't doing any price match during this week

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
There should've been an invoice inside the package. I've had cases where it came in multiple packages.

The invoice was in there but it lists all 3 games instead of just one. Not sure if thats common

Weird thing is it shows a Tax+Total that is way lower than the total price ($15 for $25 game)

edit: hmm it might be individual packing then. It currently says "awaiting carrier pickup" on my GS order online

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
what the hell

did anyone get their B2G1 orders from GAMESTOP?
Do the games come individually or it should have all of them in the package?

I finally received my order and it only had one game in it. 😑

My 2 orders (3 games each) both still have 1 game preparing for shipment and the other 2 awaiting product availability. I'd been hoping I'd have them by today but I get the feeling it might be [quite] a while longer. But yeah if you go to the website it should tell you whether or not they split the order into multiple packages.

trevofour

Oct 26, 2017
joisey
My one BF purchase so far, Super Monkey Ball for PS5, has been an interesting one;

- Ordered from Amazon
- Item arrives, but it's the Switch version
- Replacement ordered
- Replacement arrives, is PS5 version, but is loose in the case and has 2 weird spots on the disc and is unreadable
- Try to order replacement, Amazon's only option is a refund no matter how many times I try
- Create new order of Super Monkey Ball for PS5 on Amazon
- Wait

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Why? I've never had issues. Curious what happened

Walked into the store and went up to the pickup tower.

Scanned my phone barcode. "Thanks! Someone will be with you shortly!"

I then waited 15 minutes. Nobody arrived. I asked a nearby employee who to speak to about in-store pickups, and they said to drive around the side of the building and call the number on one of the signs.

Not only was this grocery pickup, but all the spots were full and to add insult to injury, the number on the sign just led to a voicemail box that wasn't set up.

Walked back into the store and asked someone at customer service for help. They directed me to the opposite side of the store for "black Friday" pickups.

I walk back outside to the garden center side of the store and speak to someone through a chain link gate that I'm there to pick up an online order. After looking up my name he tells me I have to go back to grocery pickup. On the opposite side of the store.

At this point I cancelled the order. 45 minutes has passed. I could have just bought it in the electronics department by this point.

Store pickup is supposed to be a time-saving experience, not the opposite.

Oct 25, 2017

I then waited 15 minutes. Nobody arrived. I asked a nearby employee who to speak to about in-store pickups, and they said to drive around the side of the building and call the number on one of the signs.

Not only was this grocery pickup, but all the spots were full and to add insult to injury, the number on the sign just led to a voicemail box that wasn't set up.

Walked back into the store and asked someone at customer service for help. They directed me to the opposite side of the store for "black Friday" pickups.

I walk back outside to the garden center side of the store and speak to someone through a chain link gate that I'm there to pick up an online order. After looking up my name he tells me I have to go back to grocery pickup. On the opposite side of the store.

At this point I cancelled the order. 45 minutes has passed. I could have just bought it in the electronics department by this point.

Holy shit that's horrendous

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
GS copy of Astral Chain came in. L on that one. Cart only. No case.

How is the performance? Fine? Bought PS5 but can exchange if need be.
That seems to be the norm with Astral Chain. Thanks to someone in the thread I found you can get the Astral Chain case cheap on eBay. I was even able to find a cheaper listing than they first linked me. Unfortunately all these listings (there was at least 6 copies) seem to have sold in the last couple of days. I'd keep an eye out on ebay.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017

Mine was almost as bad.

Got the email so I headed over.
Went to pickup area with numbers and called. Nope mine was a BF order so I have to go to lawn and garden and park there by the numbers.
Okay… but it doesn't exist. The section does but there's no numbers or spots

I get out and just wait but the door with others until someone comes out like ten minutes. He tel us to go to the numbers and we all just go "Where?" Vague pointing but he eventually takes our names and info and like ten minutes later we have stuff coming out.

Agreed though, terrible system and I only did it because MH rise only had pickup options available when I placed the order.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
Mine was almost as bad.

Got the email so I headed over.
Went to pickup area with numbers and called. Nope mine was a BF order so I have to go to lawn and garden and park there by the numbers.
Okay… but it doesn't exist. The section does but there's no numbers or spots

I get out and just wait but the door with others until someone comes out like ten minutes. He tel us to go to the numbers and we all just go "Where?" Vague pointing but he eventually takes our names and info and like ten minutes later we have stuff coming out.

Agreed though, terrible system and I only did it because MH rise only had pickup options available when I placed the order.
Oh man, this sounds awful…Targets drive up is ridiculously seamless and easy.

Psykoboy2

Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
Not a black friday deal of any sort, but GameStops WILL have PS5 and Xbox Series X in store tomorrow. They'll also have Switch OLEDs. Stores open at 5pm local time.

EDIT: Looks like they are bundles. Not the systems alone.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Every GameStop order that was shipped with LSO has not arrived (tracking either not attached or does not update). One Fedex order got lost for 8 days and is finally getting a replacement shipped. Very worried about my LSO shipped orders currently.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Xenoblade 2 and Torna are on sale on the eshop.

Kicking myself for not buying these physically.

Best chance to get these cheap, or hope for reprints of the game.

Antydotes

One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2017
It was too much to hope some DLC would go on sale for AoC or MUA3 despite their base games being on sale. Wish companies would price down dlc more. Every time Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is $5 on Xbox the dlc is $20 for the two extra chapters.

Ah well I'm about done with Black Friday deals this year at this point. Happy with my smaller haul this year.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 2 and Torna are on sale on the eshop.

Kicking myself for not buying these physically.

Best chance to get these cheap, or hope for reprints of the game.

if you are in the USA gamestop had a big reprint of XB2, the price has dipped a few times online and if there is a preowned online b2g1 it'll be even better, I picked it up last weekend with b2g1 and it already came and while its not sealed its pretty clear its a reprint, pretty much brand new.

sadly i've never seen a reprint of torna physical, the physical one has a digital code anyways for the expansion pass.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Not a Black Friday sale, but limited edition copies of the PS4 Steins;Gate Elite (physical game + download code for Steins;Gate: Linear Bounded Phenogram, cloth poster, 118-pg. hardcover art/storyboard book) are still going for $70 on Amazon, normal price being $90.
if you are in the USA gamestop had a big reprint of XB2, the price has dipped a few times online and if there is a preowned online b2g1 it'll be even better, I picked it up last weekend with b2g1 and it already came and while its not sealed its pretty clear its a reprint, pretty much brand new.

sadly i've never seen a reprint of torna physical, the physical one has a digital code anyways for the expansion pass.
That would explain why prices have been lower for third-parties selling XB2 on Amazon as well (around $70 these days, about $15 to $20 less than what it went for in the US earlier this year). But yeah, no such luck for anyone looking for a physical copy of Torna, though personally I didn't want one of those since I find it more convenient to play it from the same cart as the main game by going digital via the expansion pass. May have been cheaper to go for standalone digital Torna and still get the expansion pass with that, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.