• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
As Netflix subscriber numbers continue to go up, I can see more records being broken. Even with the dubious way they count viewers. Either way, good 1st production for Shonda Rhimes Netflix deal.

deadline.com

‘Bridgerton’ Smashes Netflix Viewership Records To Become Streamer’s Biggest Series Ever

Netflix‘s mighty algorithms were no match for the global pop culture phenomenon that Bridgerton has become. The Regency-era romance, already renewed for a second season, not just exceeded Netflix’s original viewership projections, it blew them out of the water. The final numbers are in, and...

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Some reality show renewals

deadline.com

‘I Can See Your Voice’ Renewed For Season 2 By Fox

Fox has renewed its hit music guessing game show I Can See Your Voice for a second season.

deadline.com

‘Love Island’ Renewed At CBS For Season 3

Love Island will return to CBS for a third season. The U.S. remake of the hit British format has been renewed and is currently in the middle of casting ahead of a summer production in Hawaii. The renewal was announced by Thom Sherman, Senior Executive Vice President, Programming, CBS...

deadline.com

Netflix Renews ‘Too Hot To Handle’ For Two Seasons; Show Changes Location & Fremantle Switches Up Production

Netflix has handed reality dating show Too Hot To Handle a two-season renewal after its blockbuster first outing last year.

Jan 20, 2019
As Netflix subscriber numbers continue to go up, I can see more records being broken. Even with the dubious way they count viewers. Either way, good 1st production for Shonda Rhimes Netflix deal.

deadline.com

‘Bridgerton’ Smashes Netflix Viewership Records To Become Streamer’s Biggest Series Ever

Netflix‘s mighty algorithms were no match for the global pop culture phenomenon that Bridgerton has become. The Regency-era romance, already renewed for a second season, not just exceeded Netflix’s original viewership projections, it blew them out of the water. The final numbers are in, and...

Incredible how a show can just drop out of nowere and take the world by storm.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Tell Me Your Secrets Trailer

Emma is ready to start her new life in witness protection. When Mary, a mother searching for her missing daughter, discovers that Emma might be responsible for her daughter's disappearance she hires an ex-serial predator to track Emma down. And no one is safe.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that this did so well.

deadline.com

‘A Teacher’ Surpasses ‘Mrs. America’ & ‘Devs’ To Become Most-Watched FX On Hulu Series

Kate Mara-fronted drama A Teacher, which is based on Hannah Fidell’s feature film, has become FX on Hulu’s most-watched original – surpassing Mrs. America and Devs. FX revealed that the series, which also stars Nick Robinson, also attracted more new subscribers to the digital service than the...
I guess people know which Mara sister is the best.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Finally some indication this is moving forward:

deadline.com

Dylan McDermott Joins NBC’s ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’

Dylan McDermott, who was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in Netflix’s Hollywood, is heading to New York to star in Law & Order: Organized Crime. McDermott, best known for his role on ABC’s long-running drama The Practice, will star alongside Christopher Meloni in the NBC drama. The...

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Finally some indication this is moving forward:

deadline.com

Dylan McDermott Joins NBC’s ‘Law & Order: Organized Crime’

Dylan McDermott, who was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in Netflix’s Hollywood, is heading to New York to star in Law & Order: Organized Crime. McDermott, best known for his role on ABC’s long-running drama The Practice, will star alongside Christopher Meloni in the NBC drama. The...
plz bring The Practice into this

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
My partner fell off of Shrill hard like two episodes into the second season. Felt like the premise of the show was just gone or something. Can't wait to tell her about a whole other season.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2021-Jan-27-WED.png

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/the-sked-wednesday-network-scorecard-1-27-2021.html

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
My partner fell off of Shrill hard like two episodes into the second season. Felt like the premise of the show was just gone or something. Can't wait to tell her about a whole other season.

Unfortunate! The second season might've been even better than the first. Three seasons total is absolutely fine, it's running an excellent course so far, will likely wrap up nicely and not get dragged out excessively. Aidy is a treasure.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
My initial reaction was that Zach Braff is slumming it showing up in a Cheaper by the Dozen show on Disney+ but looking at his imdb over the last few yeas...eh, maybe not?
The kicker is Kenya Barris trending yesterday but people are hating it's another mixed race couple which is a Barris trope at this point.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
He did. Last thing we heard he was talking to Viacom about some big overall deal or something.

I"m kinda surprised and kinda not that anyone would be interested in a new mega deal with him. He gets a huge deal with Netflix and the first thing he produces a vanity remake of Black-ish starring himself that isn't well received? I would think that would be enough to scare away some other suitors but things are so crazy with TV these days maybe not.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Barris got out of ABC deal early to go to Netflix, right? Was he unhappy with something happening at Netflix as well?

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Alien had a good pilot, hope it works out for Alan Tudyk.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but have liked the little clips that have been shown so far.

Did the premiere have more limited commercials? Reason I ask is the original recording for the pilot is only for 56 minutes. However, the repeat playing is almost 65 minutes.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I"m kinda surprised and kinda not that anyone would be interested in a new mega deal with him. He gets a huge deal with Netflix and the first thing he produces a vanity remake of Black-ish starring himself that isn't well received? I would think that would be enough to scare away some other suitors but things are so crazy with TV these days maybe not.

Supposedly his new deal would be for less money upfront but Barris would have partial ownership of the trademark so he would get paid for syndication, reboots, etc.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
deadline.com

‘The Nevers’: Philippa Goslett Named As Showrunner Of HBO Sci-Fi Drama Following Joss Whedon’s Departure

Philippa Goslett, the British filmmaker behind features Mary Magdalene and How To Talk To Girls At Parties, has taken over showrunning duties for HBO sci-fi drama The Nevers. She replaces Joss Whedon, who exited the series in November, after he said that the physical challenges of making such a...

I'm bummed about Whedon leaving. I've been waiting for a new Joss show for awhile.