Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where you lose all your money/items if you die
Yes and no. Whenever you fully die you will lose half of your money and a portion of your exp towards a skill point. In Sekiro one of the main mechanics is that you have the ability to resurrect yourself when you die so this penalty only counts during a 'true death' when you run out of resurrections.

There is also another penalty for true death for an in-game mechanic called Dragonrot. You don't need to worry about this if you aren't looking for a specific ending to the game.

May 9, 2018
For those asking about the $200 PS VR deal: a) yes, it's the 2nd gen one and b) it comes with the Demo Disk, and in it 2 codes: 1 for PS Worlds, one for the rest of the games.

It's definitely a good price point to get into VR, although playing Wipeout as a first VR game is not recommended.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Just got in on the action. £1099 for an LG B9 to upgrade my 5 year old 1080p cheap ass Sony TV. Cheeky 5 year guarantee too. Much hype.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yooka-Laylee on Amazon went from "ships in 1-3 weeks" to "your order will arrive on Wednesday". Not bad, cool that I'll get this sooner than Bloodstained now. Now if they'd just lower the price on the other two games I want since I don't think I can price match BF prices.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
I did the same and I already own them.
Lol, why?

I have all the big PS1 titles already but damn, anyone who's just jumping in right now has so much awesome gaming ahead of them. God of War, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Spiderman, Uncharted Collection, The Last of Us, Bloodborne, all for pretty much the price of a single new game is pretty insane.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Not really a bf deal but google shopping has a 20% off coupon (NOVSAVE19) that works on select items. I used it to buy ring fit adventure from Best Buy. Gonna give it out as an X-mas gift since a lot of people on ERA have been raving about it.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the eshop going to have a black friday sales? Doesn't seems to have much going on right now

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
Is there any chance that the switch light will ever get an update to let it connect to the TV? I really like the color and the non detachable controllers better than the OG switch form factor, but no TV connection sucks

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yes and no. Whenever you fully die you will lose half of your money and a portion of your exp towards a skill point. In Sekiro one of the main mechanics is that you have the ability to resurrect yourself when you die so this penalty only counts during a 'true death' when you run out of resurrections.

There is also another penalty for true death for an in-game mechanic called Dragonrot. You don't need to worry about this if you aren't looking for a specific ending to the game.

So it's kind of like Dragon Quest then, with regards to losing half your money. That doesn't sound too bad.

Nope. True death means it's gone for good.

:C

Yes you can. And you can bank money by buying items from certain shops.

Edit: looking above maybe I have it confused with other souls games for exp. I know once you gain a skillpoint you can't lose it though and you can bank money with items.

As long as the banker doesn't run away with your money and items at some point...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
so this is so nice I wanted to give it full credit

if you don't mind used/warehouse deals

you can snag a ps4 pro for around $220
CkRFjpK.png

and the VR bundle with move controllers for $184
9mL14wl.png

thanks to the 20% off warehouse coupon that stacks with the prices.

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Alright, so I feel like I really need advice on this, or someone to talk me down from the ledge.

Currently there's already a sale for the Xbox One X Gears 5 Limited Edition bundle here in Sweden, and I think it looks fantastic and price worthy. The price is of course nothing to sneeze at as it's still quite expensive (3555 SEK), but I feel like if I want to jump in to the Xbox eco system again now's the time.

Pros:
  • "Cheap" bundle, and it looks unique and kind of cool
  • Lot of quality games included
  • I get the most powerful console available on the market
  • I used to play X360 but jumped over to PS4 with this generation, so a lot of "history" with my Xbox account
  • There's also a deal right now for three months of Xbox All Access for next to nothing (10 SEK)
  • I can finally play some BC titles that are not available on PS4 / PS Now (FFXIII trilogy, for example)
Cons:
  • We're less than a year away from new consoles
  • I already have an insane backlog on my PS4 and simply not enough time to get through it
  • With two small children in the household my gaming time is very limited already as it is

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So Amazon.de has the PS4 pro with Call of Duty Modern Warfare up for € 299. I really want to upgrade my PS4 (despite being a year away from the PS5). Should I jump on it, or do we expect better deals on Friday?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Yeah, this is without a doubt the biggest con for me. It's like I'm living in a bubble, refusing to realize I just don't have the time for gaming anymore the same way I used to. :(
It sounds like you have enough on your plate already, so waiting a year for Scarlett seems like a no-brainer. The system will absolutely feature backwards-compatibility and by all accounts should give you access to a larger library of games than an Xbox One X will today.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
so this is so nice I wanted to give it full credit

if you don't mind used/warehouse deals

you can snag a ps4 pro for around $220
CkRFjpK.png

and the VR bundle with move controllers for $184
9mL14wl.png

thanks to the 20% off warehouse coupon that stacks with the prices.
That deal is really tempting for me. I've been looking for a PS4 Pro just to play my Kickstarter Shenmue 3 on something. But then my kids have been wanting a Nintendo Switch so I'm not sure what to do, especially with PS5 coming next year. I have a X1X already, so there would be more library overlap with a PS4 than a Switch, so I'm not sure what to choose.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a bf deal but google shopping has a 20% off coupon (NOVSAVE19) that works on select items. I used it to buy ring fit adventure from Best Buy. Gonna give it out as an X-mas gift since a lot of people on ERA have been raving about it.

yeah, these two things made the game out to be $45. So much for "full price for a year" lmao. Someone should make a thread on it. Thanks guys.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
That deal is really tempting for me. I've been looking for a PS4 Pro just to play my Kickstarter Shenmue 3 on something. But then my kids have been wanting a Nintendo Switch so I'm not sure what to do, especially with PS5 coming next year. I have a X1X already, so there would be more library overlap with a PS4 than a Switch, so I'm not sure what to choose.

I was going to buy one of the PS4 slim holiday bundles but I think I may jump on this instead. I bought my second Switch on one of theses Warehouse deals last year and while the retail packaging was a little beat up the box was still sealed and I was thrilled to find a brand new console in the box.

SapphireZora

Mar 14, 2018
This looks to be the go to laptop for me, 400 ain't too shabby at all for something that can game some but work as a (I hope) stellar school laptop.

EDIT hard jk on this, didn't realize it's integrated graphics, though the deal itself still isn't bad.

Out of curiosity, as someone who doesn't know a lot about computers, why is it a hard jk? Is it not such a great laptop after all?

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity, as someone who doesn't know a lot about computers, why is it a hard jk? Is it not such a great laptop after all?
Integrated graphics is a big no no if you actually want to game on a laptop. You'll want a laptop that has a dedicated graphics card.

Tho if you only plan on playing old games, then that laptop should do.

Oct 29, 2017
Looking at the $250 PSVR bundle on Amazon. Will there be a lower price on BF? I don't have Move controllers, so this is extra tempting.

EDIT: Bought, haha.

Last edited:

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon maintaining a poor stock of certain PC monitors pisses me off.

That's really the only thing I'm mainly looking for other than a discount on 2 TB SSDs.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this the thread to ask, but figure I'd give it a try.

My GCU expires tomorrow. Is there anything I should be aware of to take advantage of it? I already pre-ordered Elden Ring, FFVII, Iron Man VR, Cyberpunk & Last of Us II.

Maybe I should add Metroid Prime 4 & Bayonetta 3 to the list?

Jun 23, 2019
Ugh I'm so lost. It sounds like everyone is already buying stuff for Black Friday, but I'm scared to order online and just wait to grab stuff on Friday.