Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deadly Class... NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goddamn it!!!!

It was so good and ended on such a cliffhanger too... Ugh.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Never got around to either Happy! or Deadly Class but meant to for both - Happy! because it seemed right up my alley, Deadly Class because even thought I had been told mixed things, I'm a fan of the source. Oh well. SyFy feels like they'll cancel pretty much anything that isn't The Magicians (which I guess happens when nobody watches your network), at least Amazon saved The Expanse.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, missed the Sneaky Pete news too. I liked S1 quite a bit, got a couple episodes into S2 and couldn't get into it and never watched more.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I guess Syfy is hell-bent on killing its scripted content. Sucks.

Anyways, got through S1 of Person of Interest. Even as a procedural, it was pretty interesting, but I'm ready to get to the really good stuff. As for One Day at a Time:

The actor playing Victor really played his part well as the ex-husband and really had you fooled those two will get back together... only to destroy any chances by the end of the episode. And when he left Elena at her quinces, I was ready to nuke that ship to the ground. Still a great season.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Syfy is hell-bent on killing its scripted content. Sucks.

Anyways, got through S1 of Person of Interest. Even as a procedural, it was pretty interesting, but I'm ready to get to the really good stuff.

Person of Interest gets soooooooooo much better after S1. The quality just keeps going up and up. The S3 finale is so amazing.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh and one more thing, I heard that Emerson was supposed to work on a show called Patriot immediately after Lost. When the pilot was passed, he went on PoI instead. Now I see that the show has 2 seasons under its belt without him. I hope there wasn't a fallout between the two.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
As for One Day at a Time:

The actor playing Victor really played his part well as the ex-husband and really had you fooled those two will get back together... only to destroy any chances by the end of the episode. And when he left Elena at her quinces, I was ready to nuke that ship to the ground. Still a great season.
Such a great episode. In the span of 2 minutes I went from being angry to crying to laughing.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh and one more thing, I heard that Emerson was supposed to work on a show called Patriot immediately after Lost. When the pilot was passed, he went on PoI instead. Now I see that the show has 2 seasons under its belt without him. I hope there wasn't a fallout between the two.
Who, what, where?

Bad blood between who? Are the Patriot shows even the same thing?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting note about Happy:

The series reportedly has been doing well in its second window on Netflix where it is said to be the streamer's top performing second window drama, besides You, in key male demos and teens.

Happy! producer UCP is shopping the show, and Netflix would be a natural home for it. Sources caution that for now, a pickup by Netflix appears unlikely but the studio's efforts are ongoing.

per Deadline

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Shame about Happy! There was a setup for S3 there though. The main story of S2 was fully wrapped up, however Nick
was brought back from death by Orcus (the demigod in the body of Blue) and now Nick is apparently in service to him.

I'm not surprised about Deadly Class. It started out promising but then it was mostly boring teen angst and brooding.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
meh, I quit watching Happy four or so episodes into this season; I'm no prude when it comes to violence and gore, but it started to feel like it was just gratuitously wallowing in sadism in a way I wasn't comfortable watching. Also gave the first four episodes or so of Deadly Class a shot, and that didn't do it for me, either.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bummed that Happy! got cancelled. Such a great show but being on Syfy doomed it from the start. Hopefully Netflix picks it up because apparently S1 has done really well on there.

Kaizer

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I didn't start Deadly Class now - it's been in my DVR queue forever but I refused to watch it until it was confirmed to get a second season. Guess I can just delete that now! Man, it's a miracle a show like The Magicians has survived for as long as it has on SyFy - I haven't finished the latest season yet, but it's just a show I'm happy exists.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I enjoyed Happy!, but I'm not too shocked at the news. I was surprised it came back for a 2nd season, considering the ratings were season 1 were really low if I remember correctly.

Deadly Class was one of my favorite new shows this year. The long wait between renewal news had me concerned about its future. I'm not optimistic, but hopefully the series finds a new home somewhere.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
My brain somehow connected Deadly Class and Umbrella Academy. Every time I saw an advertisement for DC I had to remind myself that it wasn't UA.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I always felt like Sneaky Pete would have been better as a miniseries. S1 was okay with Bryan Cranston, but you could see the thin material being stretched towards the end. I never bothered with S2 and 3.

That stinks about Happy, Chris Meloni was crazy and perfect in that.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Man it wasn't that long ago:
DEADLINE: Now, you said the words "Season 2," so let's lay that out there, how close is Deadly Class to a renewal from Syfy?

REMENDER:
I don't want to jinx it, but everything I'm hearing is very positive…
He jinxed it

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So Syfy just going to all in airing random movies that aren't being shown on TNT or FX that moment?

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Tuesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Jun-04.TUE_.png

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
After Expanse, Happy, and Deadly Class, I'm done with watching any new content from SyFy. There's no point in getting invested in their shows.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
After Expanse, Happy, and Deadly Class, I'm done with watching any new content from SyFy. There's no point in getting invested in their shows.
If no one had gotten invested in The Expanse it would have never had three seasons on Syfy and definitely wouldn't have been picked up by amazon.

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
If no one had gotten invested in The Expanse it would have never had three seasons on Syfy and definitely wouldn't have been picked up by amazon.

And if Amazon hadn't picked it up, it would've been thrown on the pile. I'm not sure how that's supposed to contradict what I said.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
They were advertising Happy! all over the place despite having very little in the way of sponsor support. People need to watch these things as they air if they want risky programming to continue.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
And if Amazon hadn't picked it up, it would've been thrown on the pile. I'm not sure how that's supposed to contradict what I said.
But it was picked up because people got invested. So there is a point to it and even if shows aren't saved if what we got is great it's still worth it at least for me.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Syfy renewed The Expanse twice when it wasn't putting up great numbers. They made a substantial commitment to the show that never really worked out. Unless you want to blame them for poorly marketing it(?), I'm not seeing what they did wrong here. It's a great situation that sugar-daddy Amazon picked it up, and I'm happy things worked out this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.