• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We'll see if those shows continue past these upcoming seasons. The production order had gone through already when Google decided that YouTube was going to largely pull out of scripted. I'm guessing it really depends on how many viewers the new seasons bring. But I would not be surprised at all if these second seasons are the end for each of them. Cobra Kai specifically seems like it might have enough of an audience to keep going at least, if not on YouTube than possibly "saved" by some other service.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wayne is a another fantastic Youtube Original which presumably no one watched. You should. It's short(30 minutes episodes), violent, vulgar, and its like an American version of 'End of the Fucking World'(ultimately way different but features two teens on a violent roadtrip).

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Schitt's Creek is brilliance encapsulated, and anyone who doesn't watch it is honestly a drag on progressive society.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So In the Dark is a murder mystery show? The marketing completely leaves that out

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wednesday night's ratings:

Fast-Demo-2019-Apr-10.WED_.png

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
HBO released some Game of Thrones facts and figures before the final season begins

I believe this is cumulative viewership across all platforms per episode:
U.S. viewership (in millions) for each season was: season one — 9.3; season two — 11.6; season three — 14.4; season four — 19.1; season five — 20.2; season six — 25.7; season seven — 32.8.
The cumulative number:
HBO's cumulative data includes same-day viewership as measured by Nielsen, DVR replays, additional tune-in via the network's multiple cable channels, cable-on-demand views, and online streams through HBO Go and HBO Now.
iirc, the S7 finale had 12.1 million viewers for the 9pm time slot premiere per Nielsen. Will be interesting to see how big it gets for the final few episodes.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, the Swamp Thing show on DC Universe premieres on May 31st....there's almost zero footage or photos from it that I can tell. Isn't that a little late to start promoting? I'm very interested to see how this turns out seeing as how Doom Patrol is amazing and Titans is really solid.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
So, the Swamp Thing show on DC Universe premieres on May 31st....there's almost zero footage or photos from it that I can tell. Isn't that a little late to start promoting? I'm very interested to see how this turns out seeing as how Doom Patrol is amazing and Titans is really solid.
Par for the course for DCUnoverse. There's probably gonna be a teaser in the coming weeks. Doom Patrols first complete trailer only came days before the premiere.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
HBO released some Game of Thrones facts and figures before the final season begins

I believe this is cumulative viewership across all platforms per episode:The cumulative number:
iirc, the S7 finale had 12.1 million viewers for the 9pm time slot premiere per Nielsen. Will be interesting to see how big it gets for the final few episodes.

Weekly viewership?

Yessssss

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'The Last Of The Mohicans' Series From Cary Joji Fukunaga & Nicole Kassell In Works At Paramount TV & Anonymous
In their first collaboration, Maniac, The Alienist and True Detective's Cary Joji Fukunaga has teamed with Watchmen director Nicole Kassell to bring The Last Of The Mohicans to the small screen. A TV series based on the historical novel by James Fenimore Cooper is in development at Paramount Television, where Fukunaga has been under an overall deal. Anonymous Content and Fukunaga's Parliament of Owls are producing.

Written by Fukunaga and Nicholas Osborne and directed by Kassell, The Last of the Mohicans series will be a retelling of Cooper's French and Indian War novel that re-centers the classic tale on the unlikely romance between Uncas, a young Mohican, and Cora, the mixed-race daughter of a British colonel.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Most YouTube Originals are now cancelled:
But:
YouTube isn't getting out of the scripted business entirely: Season two of Cobra Kai premieres April 24, and it continues to air Step Up: High Water, Liza on Demand starring YouTuber Liza Koshy and sci-fi series Impulse, which is in production on its second season.
Look. If youtube isn't gonna care enough to cancel shows properly. I'm not gonna care enough to update the title.
'On Becoming a God in Central Florida' is still in development though right?
It hasn't gone into production from what I can tell, but it's casted, and ready to go with a planned shoot date. But who knows?

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
Jake Gyllenhaal To Headline 'Lake Success' Limited Series Based On Book In Works At HBO
HBO has put in development Lake Success, a limited series based on Gary Shteyngart's book, with Jake Gyllenhaal set to star and executive produce. The project, which marks Gyllenhaal's TV acting debut, hails from Gyllenhaal and Riva Marker's Nine Stories and Endeavor Content.
Co-written by Stheyngart and Tom Spezialy (Watchmen), who also co-showrun, Lake Success centers on narcissistic, self-deluded and hilariously divorced from the real world, hedge fund manager Barry Cohen (Gyllenhaal) who flees his family, his past and the SEC on a cross-country bus ride in search of his college girlfriend and a last chance at romantic redemption. Meanwhile, back in Manhattan, his brilliant wife Seema struggles to raise their autistic son and begins a tragicomic love affair of her own.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's not listed anywhere but I think those are more along the lines of T+30 numbers.

Okay, cool. Still a bit hard to put into perspective since we don't have T +30 numbers for other shows, but I'm sure GoT is at the top. At least this gives us an idea of what the general ceiling looks like.

Cool!

It hasn't gone into production from what I can tell, but it's casted, and ready to go with a planned shoot date. But who knows?

I hope if they pass on it someone else picks it up.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
'Love, Simon' TV Series in the Works at Disney+
Fox 2000's resonant LGBTQ film "Love, Simon" is being explored for series adaptation at Disney+, Variety has learned.

The film starred Nick Robinson as a teenager who must reveal to his family and friends that he is gay. TV kingpin Greg Berlanti directed the film, as part of an overall feature film directing pact with Fox. He is not involved in the TV adaptation, an individual familiar with the plans said, thanks to his massive overall deal with Warner Bros. in that space. The property is being eyed for "This Is Us" showrunners Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger.
On the one hand; yay, and LGBTQ themed show being aimed at teens is nice.
on the other; no Berlanti and they really fucked over Fox 2000. And I'm not entirely sure how they would set up a show around this? Like are they gonna stretch out the premise in the movie/book over (potentially) multiple seasons or what?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

on the other; no Berlanti and they really fucked over Fox 2000. And I'm not entirely sure how they would set up a show around this? Like are they gonna stretch out the premise in the movie/book over (potentially) multiple seasons or what?

the author of the book wrote a sequel/spinoff centered on a supporting character, to which Disney apparently also has the rights

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
'The Sandlot' Series In Development At Disney+
Disney+ is priming The Sandlot for its streaming service, with the 1993 movie's original director and co-writer David Mickey Evans attached to write and executive produce.

The series will be set in 1984, when the original cast are adults and they all have children of their own.

The streaming series will be separate from the The Sandlot prequel film which Evans is writing with Austin Reynolds, which is to take place in the 1950s.
The original Sandlot movie is set in 1962 and centers around Scottie Smalls (Tom Guiry) who, after moving to a new neighborhood, befriends a group of boys who play baseball at the sandlot and get into a series of touching adventures.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Lol at no Berlanti

The film was his passion project and now it's in his area of expertise and he's not involved

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's been anything announced for Disney+ that excites me. Maaaybe The Mandalorian (except I generally dislike Favreau and my Star Wars fandom has been set at lukewarm for the past 15 years). If the supposed Muppets show is made and done properly, that could be cool, but I don't have much faith. Everything about the lineup screams cynical exploitation of catalog IP rather than anything inspired by real creative impetus.

OP
OP
berzeli

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
The only (and let me stress this ONLY) worthwhile original Disney+ series that they discussed today:

sNq72Ba.png

Oct 25, 2017

I can see how it could make for an ongoing series, would be like most long Slow Burn Romance Gay high school fanfics, lots of pining, crushing, close calls with getting outed, maybe have an actually out gay person at school and Simon having some jealousy over how they make look easy arc and friendship, add in some rumors etc.

2nd season with him maybe saying the guy and them going through school out?

3rd season? College arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.