• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spoonz

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would release something a little closer to full sized cabinets. I would happily pay $5-600 for a licensed full cab.

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men vs Street Fighter, Mutant Apocalypse, and Marvel vs Capcom all on one board? I kinda wanted the SFII cab for the aesthetics of it (missed out on the $50 cabs from Wal-Mart), but this is definitely the best package in terms of games until they make an Alpha 2 Upper cab.

I wish they would release something a little closer to full sized cabinets. I would happily pay $5-600 for a licensed full cab.
I think I've heard the reason they're smaller is so they can be licensed far more cheaply as "toys" (think the handheld PacMan and Atari consoles) as opposed to being treated as ports or re-releases.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotta own that Ms. Pac-Man. Didn't think this would ever be a possibility.

I really wish these weren't 3/4 sized. So cool, but nah, looks weird to me.

With the riser it's pretty much legit cabinet size. Actually, it's better IMO because you can fit it in your living room quite easily.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great to mod :)

They're great to mod! I have three, Mortal Kombat, Golden Tee, and SF2. Modded the SF2 , really easy to do.

ark6NdZ.jpg

HTAM3U8.jpg

jA1pahS.jpg

vMTKwCt.jpg

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The entire series from COTA through MVC1 needs to be packaged into one game and be announced at EVO 2020...and announce MVC4. ;)

I'm really happy that not only that these cabinets are being released but Marvel and Capcom still have a positive relationship (at least a good enough one to re-release the older games). I would love to buy both of these for the artwork alone!

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I've gotta own that Ms. Pac-Man. Didn't think this would ever be a possibility.

With the riser it's pretty much legit cabinet size. Actually, it's better IMO because you can fit it in your living room quite easily.
Ehh even with the riser it's noticeably shorter and the size of the control board is pretty small. Having said that, I don't think a normal cab would fit well in your average living room so these definitely have a purpose.

wasnt COTA 4 players? Too bad it's not setup like the turtles one

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are arcade controls an acquired taste? I'm only 26 and I haven't spent a ton of time on arcade machines but they make my hands ache in a matter of minutes

American arcade machines generally were built with extra-tough controls (usually HAPP) to handle abusive American players. The Japanese originals (usually Sanwa or Semitsu) were much more responsive and hand-friendly.

Ehh even with the riser it's noticeably shorter and the size of the control board is pretty small. Having said that, I don't think a normal cab would fit well in your average living room so these definitely have a purpose.

wasnt COTA 4 players? Too bad it's not setup like the turtles one

CotA was a 1-on-1 fighting game (like Street Fighter).

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I think I've heard the reason they're smaller is so they can be licensed far more cheaply as "toys" (think the handheld PacMan and Atari consoles) as opposed to being treated as ports or re-releases.

It also would be a nightmare for retailers to carry full size cabinets. These smaller cabs are made to be assembled and feature cheap materials mostly, even then they take a good chunk of retail space to display and store, going full size would be quite a cost and retail space increase that many stores would not want to deal with.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
American arcade machines generally were built with extra-tough controls (usually HAPP) to handle abusive American players. The Japanese originals (usually Sanwa or Semitsu) were much more responsive and hand-friendly.

CotA was a 1-on-1 fighting game (like Street Fighter).
Oh damn, I must be thinking of just "X-men" then

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The modding potential on that Big Game Hunter cabinet... fuck man, I'm going to have to buy all of these except for the pinball table. Digital pinball isn't going to cut it for me.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
I am SO fucking in for that Marvel VS Capcom cab. After that I'm pretty much going to be tapped out for room for these stupid arcade machines. lol

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Love the Mortal Kombat one from them; easy to build (took an hour by myself), picking the Ninja Turtkes one next.

The Marvel one from this is tempting, keeping an eye out.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
Oh, the pinball cabinet has the full X-Men art used for Disney+ profile avatars that everyone was wondering what the new artwork was for.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
omfg xmen vs street fighter AND marvel vs capcom? gonna be the first cabinet i buy.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Man, I would love to have that Capcom/Marvel one just for the novelty of it lol. What was the price point of some of the previous ones USD? Didn't they also kind of crater at price at one point? I know I saw a few at my local Wal-Mart for like $25.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, that Marvel vs Capcom cab will be mine. I haven't made a big purchase for myself in a while, so I am not even gonna think twice about it. The cab, riser, and if they release a MvC-themed stool, that too. Maybe I'll just get a Street Fighter stool and a Marvel stool if they don't make any with MvC artwork on them. The X-Men vs SF cab is cool too but it doesn't have my favorite fighting game character ever on the side of it (Morrigan), so the MvC unit wins out.

Truckondo

Oct 25, 2017
Garden Grove, CA
I would love to see Guns n Roses pinball on one of those. I'm sure it will never happen though. Only place I know that has it is some pinball museum in Las Vegas.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Man, I would love to have that Capcom/Marvel one just for the novelty of it lol. What was the price point of some of the previous ones USD? Didn't they also kind of crater at price at one point? I know I saw a few at my local Wal-Mart for like $25.

They usually went for $300 to $400. I could see the Marvel cab going for $400 since it'll be coming with a riser and light-up marquee. It might come with Sanwa parts, too, if the previous Marvel Super Heroes cab is anything to go by.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
They usually went for $300 to $400. I could see the Marvel cab going for $400 since it'll be coming with a riser and light-up marquee. It might come with Sanwa parts, too, if the previous Marvel Super Heroes cab is anything to go by.

Oh shit, I was thinking like...$200. I guess maybe I'll wait for a sale or another price crater later on lol

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I'd like to see one, I hope they never make a Gauntlet Legends 1up cab. I HAVE to have the MvC one but I don't have the space to start collecting these or anything.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Nice for the handful that have the space for these things. I'd still prefer the original boards, but good to have options.

But this bodes well for a potential Marvel collection on current gen...soon to be last gen (and then stuck on last gen for years and years). I hope so, anyway.

Edit: Wait, there's an X-Men cab and a Marvel cab and both have MvC1? Aiya, just merge it into one, more awesome cab?

Would like to know emulation standard too.

Last edited:

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright so there is no license issue and we should demand these Capcom Marvel games get released on modern platforms instead of buying a dumb cabinet
This 100. I'd love a giant collection that I can buy on disc.

Is it just me or are these smaller than they should

cabinet-marvel-ltd4_600x.png
They are 3/4 the size. You need to sit on a stool or chair to play them in a comfortable manner. If you buy the riser (as seen in your picture) it increases the height to what arcade cabinets were on average back then. Either way I find the cabinets a bit too cramped compared to normal arcade machines, but they are definitely way easier than building your own (which I still plan on doing my self)

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Marvel Vs Capcom 1 is the GOAT Of All Time. Unbelievable that it's not on Steam or current gen consoles.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Pinball being Marvel and Zen is kind of a kick in the nuts as they're two things I don't care for. If a decent enough modding scene opens up around this I may change my mind.

Unfortunately all the pin software will be by Zen.

However there is a thriving vpin scene that's been modding the Toyshock machines. They've even figured out how to get a real plunger to work.

INPAQ

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one here who actually prefers Marvel VS Capcom over MVC2? Like, instead of seeing a MVC2 cab next year, I rather see Arcade 1Up drop a cabinet with some classic Capcom/Naomi fighters, like Power Stone, Project Justice and Tech Romancer. Also, a DarkStalkers or Street Fighter III cab would be pretty dope as well.