• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I'm thinking when I get to it tonight I'm going to start replaying through some characters while I clean up my S-ranks, missed bonus objectives, etc. I'm just so engrossed in the game that even though I'm done, I don't want it to be over. While the story wrapped up most everything I wanted well enough, I think rewatching the experience I just had with the knowledge I now have will be a lot of fun.

I'm sure I had a couple idle hours here and there but I finished the game at 41 hours, by the way. I know I'm slower than others typically, but I struggle to see it as a "20 hour game" that a lot of people seem to think it is. Of course, I also see people talk about the game being a breeze even on Intense, but I probably saw 3 or 4 game overs, not counting that I died 4 times on the last mission before knocking the difficulty down so I could finish and go to bed. And I bet I've got 5 or 6 missions I still need to S rank.

Gonna take me 45 hours, I plan on playing the game by "all events" once I'm done with with Hijiyama & Gouto.

Oct 26, 2017
That feel when there are multiple pathes and you happen to choose the one that progress locks you first.

This game is incredible though. I feel like the story in this is significantly more intriguing compared to previous Vanillware games.

Not to say they're bad, but it feels like there is a much stronger focus on story and characters.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Man just when I think i got it figured out and just call out some bullshit idea only for it to actually be the thing is such a BWWWAHHHHH moment for me. I haven't had this many since VLR in a good way. Its been a while since ive had a good Visual Novel to sink my teeth into.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Beat the final battle on Intense with a D. I'll take it. Spent almost 2hrs reading the Mystery Files after the ending to fully digest wtf just happened. See you all on the other side.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I cleared 2-1 and it prompts sentinel upgrade unlocked meta system something.
what was that? I thought that was available since tutorial?

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I cleared 2-1 and it prompts sentinel upgrade unlocked meta system something.
what was that? I thought that was available since tutorial?
That's when you unlock an additional type of upgrades for your Sentinels. To access them, bring up the Customize menu with Triangle before a battle, then press Left on the D-Pad to the Sentinel Upgrade tab. You'll see some stat-based upgrades for each character's sentinel there.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How deep has everyone gotten into the battle system? I never used the system to upgrade my raw stats much after putting a point into the stat that says decreases brain overload and it definitely did not do that. I primarily spent my points on first the terminal upgrades and then unlocking/enhancing skills.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
The interaction between Miura and Hijiyama about Hemborg vs Yakisoba Pan as the greatest foods ever conceived was the best. Hijiyama also has another great line about it after one of the Area 3 battles that made me laugh as well. I love this game's writing so much. Atlus did a great job with the localization too.

Mar 11, 2020
How deep has everyone gotten into the battle system? I never used the system to upgrade my raw stats much after putting a point into the stat that says decreases brain overload and it definitely did not do that. I primarily spent my points on first the terminal upgrades and then unlocking/enhancing skills.

If you put 2 points in that it lets you do 3 battles from fresh with a character. It takes a lot to effect it more though

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I started Iori's story and it surprise me how much different the "progression" is for her than for Juro. I wonder if each character will have their own gimmick, and if this is consistent from the start until the end.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I started Iori's story and it surprise me how much different the "progression" is for her than for Juro. I wonder if each character will have their own gimmick, and if this is consistent from the start until the end.
It's not to much that characters' stories all have a central gimmick, but they do all have a distinct atmosphere from each other to some extent. And some do have a kind of structure or mechanic unique to themselves, although it doesn't always run through the entire course of their stories.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
What does the game mean by armaments is that each characters skill? I maxed out the terminal.. please help lol

The interaction between Miura and Hijiyama about Hemborg vs Yakisoba Pan as the greatest foods ever conceived was the best. Hijiyama also has another great line about it after one of the Area 3 battles that made me laugh as well. I love this game's writing so much. Atlus did a great job with the localization too.
Or when Tomi gets mad at Ogata lol

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently sitting at 94% completion for Remembrance, and I feel like I'm just as lost as I ever was in terms of piecing together this bonkers-ass story.

Seriously, this game makes the entire Metal Gear saga seem easily digestible.

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta do a lot of combat missions tonight if I want to really progress at this point. The Combat is fun for a bit, but I just don't think it has enough depth to make me want to grind them out. I have no choice though, cause I really want to see how this all ends.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Okay the event archive not letting you play some section fully is quite bad... like i couldn't replay the very first part of ogata in the train station

and you also can't rewatch the dreams and flashback (like when you get the option to recall something and so on)... Like i can't rewatch Shu's dream about the future...

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Okay the event archive not letting you play some section fully is quite bad... like i couldn't replay the very first part of ogata in the train station

and you also can't rewatch the dreams and flashback (like when you get the option to recall something and so on)... Like i can't rewatch Shu's dream about the future...
You sure dreams/flashbacks just aren't their own separate scenes in the event viewer?

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone who bought the game from Amazon or Best Buy after the release date verify if their copy still came with the artbook?

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
So I caved and bought this and it's way better than I expected, but damn if I'm not confused as hell right now. Still in the character prologues (and have actually been playing for a decent amount of time, how long is this game anyway?)

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
ok, i'm not currently at the end of a fight, what are those things? or is it different every fight?
Not near the game now but the things I remember are the damage you, the terminal and the city take are main factors but there's also a combo counter thing and how many enemies you defeated. Dunno if time is a factor, but "finish in under ... seconds" is a bonus objective in a lot of missions. I th

Oct 27, 2017
😆

That could literally be in response to any one of at least 50 different story beats in this game.
Very true. I really like the way they do it in this game. They know when and how to do them.

I am really close to making this my GOTY now. Doom Eternal, Ghost of Tsushima were fighting it out but now this game comes and added a twist to that fight.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Not near the game now but the things I remember are the damage you, the terminal and the city take are main factors but there's also a combo counter thing and how many enemies you defeated. Dunno if time is a factor, but "finish in under ... seconds" is a bonus objective in a lot of missions. I th

yea those three are listed last and separated from the score, wish the game were a little more clear on what's what, but keeping everything low seems to do the trick, thanks

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So I caved and bought this and it's way better than I expected, but damn if I'm not confused as hell right now. Still in the character prologues (and have actually been playing for a decent amount of time, how long is this game anyway?)
Oh, if you're confused during the prologues then buckle up for a wild ride. You ain't seen NOTHING yet, believe you me.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did you buy all the drinks and/or make all the food? I don't know if that is an actual thing that changes stuff but it's the only thing I can think of.
I think there are some optional scenes in the rememberance part. Did you check the event list to see that there were no question marks?
Wow I feel dumb now. I got the 30-S Rank trophy so for some reason I thought I S-ranked every stage, but turns out I was missing an S rank on the final level. Thanks for the help. Feels nice getting that trophy.

Pixel_Stream

Oct 28, 2017
i expected something pretty great familiar like a Persona-ish game with pretty backgrounds, but got something completely different and one of the best game stories in a long time for me, with sick arcady turnbased gameplay and great OST

Deleted member 9650

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OST is great. Can anyone list all of the battle related tracks? Was looking for the area 02 or maybe area 03 track?
Story is bonkers and tropey as hell but I'm loving it.

Oct 25, 2017
3-6 on Intense is the most hilariously excessive frame rate plunge I've seen in a PS4 game, but that fight really sells the scope of battles that is allowed by going with the abstract strategic view map.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game, got the platinum.

10/10. Masterpiece. An absolute work of art that I'll be sure to play again someday.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
what influences the first turn? does the cpu always go first? i'm not fond of starting out with a few units at half health before i even get a chance to do anything

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I've played two of the prologue missions or whatever (the first boy and the girl) and im not feeling it. Should I keep going or it it just going to be more of the same with some crazy story twists thrown in?

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I've played two of the prologue missions or whatever (the first boy and the girl) and im not feeling it. Should I keep going or it it just going to be more of the same with some crazy story twists thrown in?

You'd have to elaborate on what parts you're not feeling. A lot of the characters come from various different perspectives but there's an overall plot that connects everything together.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Were you aware of the game basically being a visual novel going into it? If you're saying you aren't feeling the combat portions of the game, then I'd say that maybe 5 hours tops of the 30 hours this game lasts are dedicated to the combat stuff. It's very largely about the story and how it unfolds.

The story starts off really confusing, disjointed, and frankly quite intimidating. And I think that some of the best characters are not the frontloaded ones. Maybe give it a bit?