SantosStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the game so far. (15h)

Really surprised that I like all characters and their relationships.

Most shocking is, I think is the first time I consume something this open in a Japanese game about this topic :

Hijiyama story spoilers

Woke Vanillaware rising the rainbow flag here lol

Really surprised with Hijiyama and Okino, (my favs =3).

Their interaction are interesting and really natural. At first I thought is going to be only queerbaiting, but they actually have a relationship.

At first I thought this game was going to use the girls for fanservice, but I'm really happy to be wrong.

It's refreshing to play a game with this good storytelling.

People on fence, buy it!!!!

This game deserves it, Vanillaware delivering like always.

Even the RTS is good!!!!

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
well my copy just came in the mail from gamestop, artbook included

so i'll start it tonight after work

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Fuck Chihiro & all these androids bruh.

Mod Edit: Added Spoiler Tags

Last edited by a moderator:

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
Had a chance to dissect this game a bit over the weekend and i'm pretty blown away by it. It's such a departure from what I'm used to with Vanillaware. The story is just so well-done and I haven't been bored by a sequence yet!

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well damn, I just finished. This was great. Have to wrap my head around it. I think I have a few minor nitpicks, but overall this was a damn ambitious story and they pulled it off.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
BeeJay laying the facts on my ass 😂😂

Hard to call this game a VN honesty, it's a walking simulator like Death Stranding? Idk
I'd say the Remembrance portion of the game falls somewhere between Visual Novel and PnC Adventure, leaning more toward the Visual Novel side of things.

But the story structure and its execution from both an audiovisual and unorthodox storytelling standpoint really elevates it far above what I've come to expect from visual novel games.

And then of course the RTS sections that you can take at your own pace whenever you want to mix up the gameplay adds even more diversity to the mix. It works really well.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Have given in and ordered this. Looking forward to giving it a go. Will hopefully keep me busy until next gen launch.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I would honestly say it's way more reminiscent of older point click adventures imo while being on rails in a way and with the thoughts being the items to use.
I'd say the Remembrance portion of the game falls somewhere between Visual Novel and PnC Adventure, leaning more toward the Visual Novel side of things.

But the story structure and its execution from both an audiovisual and unorthodox storytelling standpoint really elevates it far above what I've come to expect from visual novel games.

And then of course the RTS sections that you can take at your own pace whenever you want to mix up the gameplay adds even more diversity to the mix. It works really well.

Yea, the mech battles are kind annoying me because I gotta do them all at once now, wish they would of had you do one after each ending in a characters story or something. I'm having way too much fun with rememberance

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, the mech battles are kind annoying me because I gotta do them all at once now, wish they would of had you do one after each ending in a characters story or something. I'm having way too much fun with rememberance
I've been generally trying to do like one battle for every 3-4 Remembrance chapters. That has given me a nice balance and kept my progress percentage about even between the two modes.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I've been generally trying to do like one battle for every 3-4 Remembrance chapters. That has given me a nice balance and kept my progress percentage about even between the two modes.
I have to do 10 waves now in the 2nd area lmao. Idk Shinonome with Sentry +8 & the condenser is cheese tho, a lot of fun.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until I finish the game so I can go into the spoiler thread.

There was a revelation that I got to last night during a lengthy play session that had me like:

AdvancedPalatableLeafhopper-size_restricted.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I've completed Iori, Ogata & Yuki, can still comfortably say I don't know what the fuck is going on in the bigger picture.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Embrace the confusion.
Definitely! I don't give a damn anymore, I just started Shinonome this game is perfect to drink a couple beers too I stopped trying to theory craft when the
body switching stuff & Android etc.
came into play. The only thing I'm sure of is
No one is time traveling, all on same planet(maybe) and they were created with DNA

I just started Shinonome, so who knows what's going on tbh I will admit that I will throw out any of my perceived truths.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Playing through
Gouto's
prologue, seeing what happened and then having to
get 80% through all the others stories
in order to continue is torture.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely! I don't give a damn anymore, I just started Shinonome this game is perfect to drink a couple beers too I stopped trying to theory craft when the
body switching stuff & Android etc.
came into play. The only thing I'm sure of is
No one is time traveling, all on same planet(maybe) and they were created with DNA

I just started Shinonome, so who knows what's going on tbh I will admit that I will throw out any of my perceived truths.
Without giving too much away, I can say that in one regard you're on the right track but not entirely. 😉

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
So I just read that this game kind of bombed in Japan, sales-wise. I'm so confused.

You'd think that this kind of game would kill over there.

Chronology

Oct 27, 2017
Just grabbed this last night, super excited to give it a shot. How are folks in this thread finding it so far?

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Almost 80 percent in and it is pretty good. The pacing of information delivery and foreshadowing is really good. The game is constantly delivering new information, but the gate locking effectively controls the order of the information. The foreshadowing is also good enough that you can see things coming hours in advance. It is also a wonder that it is not that confusing. The connective tissue between characters and timeline is delivered by memorable scenes and repetition, so you often go, aha, so that's how it connects with this other event.

The weakness of this approach is that, for some characters, their best moments and development are in another person's scenario. So it does a bad job at establishing through line of pathos at times, and the 100% completion end for a character can be anti climatic. In that respect, Ei, Minami, and Yuki are the best ones so far, with Nenji being the most compromised by this structure. Edit: That said, it is very impressive how BJ got one of the best character arcs through the multiple character storylines.

I still have Shinonome, Takatoshi, Gouto, and Megumi to complete.

Last edited:

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish i could zoom out on the flow charts, so i could see the whole thing in one go.
So I just read that this game kind of bombed in Japan, sales-wise. I'm so confused.

Really?

Usually i don't give a shit about sales. But for wee companies like Vanillaware, i care a great deal.

So that's depressing to hear.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Almost 80 percent in and it is pretty good. The pacing of information delivery and pacing is really good. The game is constantly delivering new information, but the gate locking effectively controls the order of the information. The foreshadowing is also good enough that you can see things coming hours in advance. It is also a wonder that it is not that confusing. The connective tissue between characters and timeline is delivered by memorable scenes and repetition, so you often go, aha, so that's how it connects with this other event.

The weakness of this approach is that, for some characters, their best moments and development are in another person's scenario. So it does a bad job at establishing through line of pathos at times, and the 100% completion end for a character can be anti climatic. In that respect, Ei, Minami, and Yuki are the best ones so far, with Nenji being the most compromised by this structure.

I still have Shinonome, Takatoshi, Gouto, and Megumi to complete.
Yea & some point you the player are like okay, I won't see everything through this characters eyes & that's a little disheartening too.. at least it was for me when I found out Nenji's whole section is based on this one event pretty much.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I could do with a bit of help with Ogata's story.

1985, Train Platform. I have the Lady of the League and Escape Failed results complete, but I can't seem to figure out what to do to move on in the third path after "Let the first train pass."

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017

It got off to a slow start (34,000 sales in its launch week in November 2019), but recovered through strong word of mouth (130,000 sales by April). By spring 2020, Atlus declared they were pleased with its sales performance.

Oct 25, 2017

They were pleased with the sales, as far as I recall. Atlus said it exceeded their sales expectations, and it continuing to win awards (it won an honor at TGS) will probably give it a decent tail.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I could do with a bit of help with Ogata's story.

1985, Train Platform. I have the Lady of the League and Escape Failed results complete, but I can't seem to figure out what to do to move on in the third path after "Let the first train pass."
Shinonome waiting for the 2nd train on the right.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck was this game amazing, once I started I really didn't want to stop. What an experience.

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
It's all staring to come together man, the cat the imaginary friend, I'm not crazy, yeah..

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Now they talking about back door slush funds & company acquisitions LMAO, it never fucking stops bro. GOTY 😂

Lunchbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
BJ... NO!!! Why didn't you buy the Seagate 1TB expansion.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't need to go this hard on the combat music. It's so good, love when it changes for the victory screen.