RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
And your contribution to society is... what? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Uncalled for tbh, the poster is obviously a Musk detractor and at an inappropriate time which sucks but of course most people's contributions to society are going to pale in comparison to a billionaire inventor, that doesn't mean they are somehow comparitiely worth less in society like your comment insinuates.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uncalled for tbh, the poster is obviously a Musk detractor and at an inappropriate time which sucks but of course most people's contributions to society are going to pale in comparison to a billionaire inventor, that doesn't mean they are somehow comparitiely worth less in society like your comment insinuates.
It's a meme.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Because people keep asking why they didn't go with Musk's Miracle Pod Plan, when that doesn't seem to have ever actually been the plan by the rescue team. Like, the fact that his Miracle Pod Delivery was apparently bound by regular airport hours is insane if he's supposed to be this integral part of the rescue operation.

You're right, he did build things and send them though. And according to him and people who work with him, they work flawlessly when tested in large, open community pools.

Their bikes were found outside.

Show us where Elon touched you.

Seriously, how can you be so salty?

He is rich, he has companies that could help and that's what he/they did. Imagine Plan #1 didn't work, what then?
Hindsight is 20/20 of course so now you talk shit about the "Miracle Pod Plan".

What did you do to help?

And wow at the community pool part. Are they supposed to build their own caves? Time was of essence here.

So on topic: I'm glad they didn't need a second plan. At least not for now.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing. I had not been hopeful at all.

8 more to go, plus the coach who I'm guessing will go last. If he makes it out I hope he is treated well.

The kids parents already said they do not blame the coach. This cave thing the team does is a regular thing and they went prior to monsoon season so he has no reason to be treated badly. Thankfully it sounds like Thailand as a whole are not blaming him.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah so they actually trained the kids well enough to start extracting them through the cave? Glad to hear the rescue is going somewhat well. I still feel bad about that diver who died trying to help.

offtopic

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
The numerous people asking in this thread why they didn't go with the Pods. The numerous articles that all talk about the rescue operations that devote five paragraphs to his mini Submarine.
We don't know why many decisions are made (which is fine...we don't need as we have Experts making them to the very best of their ability) but it looks like timetables were moved up rapidly following the measurement of oxygen levels and the incoming storm. I'm not sure I get the criticism of someone who looks to genuinely want to help with the massive tech resources at their disposal. Yes, he'll get some PR from it but if his devices can potentially help then we should be focused on the part about potentially saving lives. There are still 9 trapped with rain pouring down and an 8 hour wait until resources can be put in place for the next extraction attempt. Anything can happen and all potential resources need to continue to be brought in even if the rescue efforts have begun.

Also, can people also stop making statements of fact based on rumor and hearsay? We don't know if they brought out the weakest or strongest or anything in between first unless confirmed by an official source. Yes, some rumor might be correct and, yes, you'll win the internet by posting it in a random gaming forum first but the reality is you are guessing.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Ah so they actually trained the kids well enough to start extracting them through the cave? Glad to hear the rescue is going somewhat well. I still feel bad about that diver who died trying to help.

Each child is being accompanied by two divers, there's also guide lines and I would assume lights to help them. Presumably having multiple expert divers who have been back and forth through the areas multiple times over the past week right there with you is tremendously helpful. Also the lower water level makes it sound a lot less treacherous than before.

(Which is not to say it's easy or not dangerous because it's still super dangerous!)

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Just woke up it's incredible to hear that 4 boys have been rescued it warms my heart is there more reports on the other boys?

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know why many decisions are made (which is fine...we don't need as we have Experts making them to the very best of their ability) but it looks like timetables were moved up rapidly following the measurement of oxygen levels and the incoming storm. I'm not sure I get the criticism of someone who looks to genuinely want to help with the massive tech resources at their disposal. Yes, he'll get some PR from it but if his devices can potentially help then we should be focused on the part about potentially saving lives. There are still 9 trapped with rain pouring down and an 8 hour wait until resources can be put in place for the next extraction attempt. Anything can happen and all potential resources need to continue to be brought in even if the rescue efforts have begun.

Also, can people also stop making statements of fact based on rumor and hearsay? We don't know if they brought out the weakest or strongest or anything in between first unless confirmed by an official source. Yes, some rumor might be correct and, yes, you'll win the internet by posting it in a random gaming forum first but the reality is you are guessing.

They did officially state that they took the strongest first, I believe.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I take it it makes no difference in terms of visibility between night time and day time so they can probably be going continuously?

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
So glad they have gotten some of them out. An incredible effort. Hopefully the rest don't have to wait too long, but the weather is obviously an uncontrollable factor.

I hope the family of the deceased navy diver are well looked after.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I take it it makes no difference in terms of visibility between night time and day time so they can probably be going continuously?

Visibility due to the time of day doesn't matter, but they have a finite number of divers (especially ones that speak the actual language) and a finite number of oxygen tanks.

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So glad they have gotten some of them out. An incredible effort. Hopefully the rest don't have to wait too long, but the weather is obviously an uncontrollable factor.

I hope the family of the deceased navy diver are well looked after.

that diver is a national, arguably international hero for giving his life to save others.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
The kids parents already said they do not blame the coach. This cave thing the team does is a regular thing and they went prior to monsoon season so he has no reason to be treated badly. Thankfully it sounds like Thailand as a whole are not blaming him.
Washington Post did a story on him

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...61896f90919_story.html?utm_term=.c08a5f31d49b

While mistakes were made I dont agree how some on here are vilifying him. And if the parents have forgiven him who are you to hold a grudge.

Last edited:

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate someone reported it 6 that had been evacuated when it was really 4, but still amazing news the 4 are out and safe now.

Hope news that they made it out successful gets back to the ones still there, will be an amazing morale boost.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Happy to see that 4 of the kids are out and reunited with their families at the hospital. Everyone involved in the rescue operation is a hero as far as I'm concerned.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Just caught up on the thread, last I heard the rescue operation was underway. So glad to see four boys got out and are in the hospital, I cannot fathom what it would be like to step out of the cave onto grass and see my family after nearly two weeks. Here's hoping the other 9 can get out safely as well.

Tugatrix

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

he kept them alive down there, things like this happen, I don't know why people need villans and blames

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I hope everyone makes a quick recovery, both physical and mental. The stress and sheer terror they went through, I can't even imagine :(

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
he kept them alive down there
This cannot be stated enough, the coach is a fucking hero.

Regardless of whether the initial decisions where wrong when the water first came in (I assume they were all split second with a frightened group to consider), he kept them all alive. Hungry and in the dark

Don't think I could have have done that

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This cannot be stated enough, the coach is a fucking hero.

Regardless of whether the initial decisions where wrong when the water first came in (I assume they were all split second with a frightened group to consider), he kept them all alive. Hungry and in the dark

Don't think I could have have done that

I can't imagine having to make those decisions. Did he know the cave well enough to know that going further in would lead to higher ground rather than doom them all? If the cave maps we've seen are somewhat accurate they'd have to go down before coming up to the spot where they now are. If he didn't actually know the cave layout, he took a wild chance and was VERY lucky. It could have easily just continued down, or become too narrow to proceed any further, and they'd all be dead.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Elon Musk gonna be all:

UrT97iJ.jpg

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, just caught this piece of news. Excellent! Hopefully this will give the ones trapped inside hope knowing that they already have 4 friends that made it out alive! Hang in there!

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still not over with the salty Elon Musk talk?

Come on, he didn't do anything wrong in this case. He actually tries to help with all his big team of engineers and his money.

That they didn't go with his plan now because it's untested and time is very much of the essence and the conditions for rescue were as good as it gets today. But it's always essential to have a few plan Bs if a sudden monsoon starts and they can't dive out like that anymore.

That image above is completely dumb because he doesn't take credit for anything about the current rescue operation and applauds all the helpers at the location for their bravery.

Last edited: