Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
There is definitely a hatchback coming. People got photos of a Type R hatchback being tested.
2022-honda-civic-type-r-spied-front-1590162904.jpg

2022-honda-civic-type-r-spied-rear-1590163689.jpg

This is interesting to me. So the paint job is designed to make it hard to precisely photograph all the contours of the car's body design? Is this a common thing that companies do?

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Old and busted: Revealing cars onstage at E3
New Hotness: Revealing cars on Fortnite Streams

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Dangit I've got my new Civic arriving in a few weeks!

Looks really nice, I get a bit of an american muscle car vibe from the front. It's certainly looking a lot less divisive than the current model!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
This is interesting to me. So the paint job is designed to make it hard to precisely photograph all the contours of the car's body design? Is this a common thing that companies do?
Yup, pretty much every company will do this when they first start testing new cars. Not just production models either, used to be very common in F1 when teams were allowed more testing to see that years design doing laps around a track in camo paint before the official launch.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I see them driving around all the time living in Germany
Yep: https://www.motorauthority.com/news/spy-shot

My favorite is when they have little skirts hanging down off the suspension to cover up the axles and whatnot.
Yup, pretty much every company will do this when they first start testing new cars. Not just production models either, used to be very common in F1 when teams were allowed more testing to see that years design doing laps around a track in camo paint before the official launch.

Neat! Today I learned.

Oct 27, 2017
A shame hearing that no word yet on powertrains for the new gen.

Hoping for too much obviously, but would love to see the 2.0 work it's way into the si. Either way here's hoping that this time around honda can keep the oil and gas actually separated from one another.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Its like if a Corolla , Impreza and a Jetta had a bastard offspring,

As a 10th gen accord owner, I dig the body of the car. Though I feel like Honda Isn't taking a lot of risk with the design language.

SaitoH

Oct 27, 2017
They ruined the civic; It looks like an accord. I probably wouldn't mind it if the front end wasn't so bland. Maybe the Si or Type R will look better?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It looks nice I guess, but now it looks like every other sedan on the road. I for one like the C shaped taillights. I wish they would have refined those along with removing all of the fake vent panels on the back.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Pictures in the OP aren't flattering but the full body promo shots look great. Take away all the branding though and at a glance I'd be hard pressed to tell it apart from a few other cars on the road. Still, looks alright.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I like it more than the previous gen, because I never liked the boy racer look. The front on this one looks like an Accord, and the back looks a bit like a BMW or an Audi.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was something charming about the current Civic that just isn't there with this one. This just screams generic to me and reminds me of when American manufacturers were releasing the most bland shit in the mid-2000s.

Oct 25, 2017
No Si no buy. I need my manual transmission, I'm sure the Type-R variant will have one though but I'm also sure that's gonna be pushing 38k.
But man it's looking handsome, loving the relatively square look with a smallish grill.

Here is to hoping they dont have fake engine sound on these models

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice looking, but it's not a car I'd ever be interested in buying. I'd sooner keep my Subaru Crosstrek.

Honestly I kind of like the current Civic better.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Just seeing this now, downgrade from 10th gen imo. Speaking of the body