• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Has anybody ever just quoted random movies lines if given the chance?

I had kinda a similar thing happen with the title OP, had lunch with someone named McCauley and they couldn't find them. And I blurted out the quote like Al Pacino did lol

what lines have you quoted? And yes I've done my fair share of Bane quoting. It's too funny sometimes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"This is the beginning of a very dark chapter of your life, Dewey Cox" is a running gag between my dad and I.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
All the time. This makes up about a solid 10% of everything I ever say.

Example: Whenever someone says "I heard blah blah blah" I say "I heard the Bat got him," quoting Tim Burton's Batman. Why do I do this? I don't know. Nobody gets it. But I do it anyway. I am a servant to my own impulses.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
There are movie lines that my brothers and I have quoted each other our entire lives.

Example:

I can say "CORRUPTION?!" to my brother any day, no matter how many years has passed and he will know exactly what I'm talking about.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
"Shit, it's almost 8 o'clock!" from True Lies.

Also I pronounce Kentucky like Day-Lewis does in Last of the Mohicans.

OP
OP
DecoReturns

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I often quote The Godfather when I turned down something.

"But I must say no to you, and I'll give you my reason" in The Godfather's tone

SteveMeister

Oct 31, 2017
My wife & I do this all the time. It's almost like Darmok and Jalad. In fact we quote from that every once in a while, along with quotes from Star Wars, Aliens, and pretty much every big movie we've seen since childhood.

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Obviously, with all the thunderdomes that are relevant in our lives, I've often felt the need to ask people if we could just get beyond thunderdome.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've used the line "I'm alone. I am not lonely" a few times when trying to explain to others (usually older family) why I'm not in a relationship.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
"I've got to return some video tapes" from american pyscho.

If you say it with ernest right before you leave somewhere, it requires like a quadruple take to figure out what you just said and by the time they triple guess it you're already gone.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Not a movie, but i quote the Greek in The Wire saying "Business, always business" a lot.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
In my friends group we've often used "You've forgotten the teachings!" from some bad 70s kung fu movie dub for a variety of reasons.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a walking fountain of references and memes. I make jokes from Aliens, Die Hard, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Galaxy Quest, etc all the time.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
"I've got to return some video tapes" from american pyscho.

If you say it with ernest right before you leave somewhere, it requires like a quadruple take to figure out what you just said and by the time they triple guess it you're already gone.
I wanna learn the genesis monologue just to drop randomly lol.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Remember the diner scene in Training Day when Ethan Hawke changes his mind about not having breakfast and decides to have something.

Denzel replies with "oh no you won't, you fucked that up!".

I use that with my wife whenever she changes her mind about something. Never gets old.

"You want a second coffee?"

"Nah I'm good.... actually, yeah can you grab me one?"

"Oh no I won't, you fucked that up."

We also load our conversations with Simpsons, Seinfeld, Big Lebowski, Hamilton and West Wing references.

Last edited:

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
"THAT IS SEDITION!!! ILL HAVE YOU BEATEN FROM THIS FORT!!"

Taken from this gem of a scene....

I say that everytime a family member disagrees with me... 😂😂😂

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Not a movie but my cousin and me always quoute the "are we doing this, right here? right now!?" line from Attack On Titan.

Usually during a BR game lol

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
All the time. This makes up about a solid 10% of everything I ever say.

Example: Whenever someone says "I heard blah blah blah" I say "I heard the Bat got him," quoting Tim Burton's Batman. Why do I do this? I don't know. Nobody gets it. But I do it anyway. I am a servant to my own impulses.
Hahaha thats exactly how I am too, constantly quoting movies regardless if the people I'm with have any clue what I'm talking about.

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
I do this too much. If anyone, including me, says anything similar to a quote I know I WILL say it regardless.

"I need to pee due to boredom."
- Scott Pilgrim

Also me and my wife quote the Pitch Perfect movies all day, everyday.

"Aca-scuse me?"

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Not a movie but me and my room mate have been known to throw ATHF quotes at work like crazy

'shut up buy i make it worse'

ArchStanton

Oct 29, 2017
When people fuck up, I often say, "He never had the makings of a varsity athlete" in reference to The Sopranos.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever someone says "Excuse me..." my mind thinks "Can you blow me where the pampers is."

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
There's a stupid joke in my family where if we dont know what was said, one of us will just say "He yelled Cartwright" which doesn't even make sense because that's not how it worked in Seinfeld (then we will continue the dialogue to the end).

And from one of the newer Charlie Brown Christmas cartoons Sally says "I thought I was freaking out", we use that a lot.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i dont know what compels me to do it because it rarely makes sense but sometimes i'll use "im your huckleberry" complete with drawl as a catchall response.

necrolysis

Prophet of Truth
Jul 25, 2018
I have been known to break silences in our home with cries of "Matt Damon!" a la Team America: World Police.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I used to with Ghostbusters all the time with my grad students/interns. Over the years, less and less of them get the jokes. When I say things like "That's not the usual behavior from a household appliance," and "You know what it could be? Past life intruding on present time." The young ones just look at me quizzically now.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I also sometimes use the "Head, move!" when people get in front of the TV.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
In the cyberpunk episode of girlfriend reviews, her boyfriend says "so thats what that feels like" in a batman voice when the characters disappear when you turn their back on them, and that just about busted my gut, so thats my new go-to line lol