• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The owner of Dilworth Neighborhood Grille often changes the sign in front of their building to send different messages. This week, it has a simple plea, seemingly directed toward Tepper: "Please let the coach and GM pick this year."

Matt Wohlfarth, the owner, shared surveillance footage with WTBV showing David Tepper paying the restaurant a visit Thursday night.

www.wbtv.com

‘Let the coach and GM pick’: Panthers owner pays Charlotte restaurant surprise visit before draft

Panthers owner David Tepper stopped by Dilworth Neighborhood Grille after the restaurant put a sign up.

What petty sonofabitch lol. These billionaires think they're hot shit.

Same owner threw a drink at fan and got fined.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6OttGBrHw-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:

ahoyle

Feb 16, 2018
That's very weird. Like if your going to do that, at least have a seat, order a drink, leave a big tip. He literally went in there for 30 seconds and took a guys hat off.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
That's very weird. Like if your going to do that, at least have a seat, order a drink, leave a big tip. He literally went in there for 30 seconds and took a guys hat off.
LOL. Do good? Nah. He wanted to teach them a lesson since he felt insulted by the sign.

Oct 29, 2017
Five years in, he's already more contemptible than Richardson. Coward wouldn't have even gone inside the establishment, much less take the guy's hat off, without that body man aside him.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
"Let the coach and GM pick" isn't even offensive.

It's literally their job to try to build competitive teams

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
What he cost his team by picking and trading the way he did is hilarious. Shame the fans have to suffer, it it's satisfying knowing the owner is suffering more.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god, the guy looks like the owner of my place of work. I'm getting flashbacks to when we got our new building and I spoke up during a company wide meeting about the lack of accessibility to the second floor (as we had/have a few people with disabilities and medical issues). Upon confronting him on the shop floor to sort of soften my question/comment with a "Don't want to seem ungrateful about the new building" yada yada while holding my hand out for a handshake, he just stared at me and asked me my name (I'm imagining he asked twice once cutoff by my talking). He eventually shook my hand but it just seemed so douchey and I felt that he was probably hurt by being called out for that (I've heard they purposely cut the second floor short, space/capacity-wise, to not be legally obligated to add an elevator).

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I've seen a couple of dummies in Atlanta over the past couple of days call Arthur Blank the worst owner in the NFL

I'm so so so glad to not be a Panthers fan and to have to deal with David Tepper

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Not my style of hat but if someone tried to take it off my head like that they'd get a slap across the face

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Chose a QB at pick 8 when they just traded for one. Other than the pick being too early for Penix, I don't see the issue. Cousins isn't that good and won't have many more years.

It's a bad pick when they are spending so much on Cousin AND their D needs work and there were early first round worthy defensive players on the board.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
It's a bad pick when they are spending so much on Cousin AND their D needs work and there were early first round worthy defensive players on the board.
I don't disagree. If you're going to sign Cousins, you probably should strengthen the team around him. It will be funny to see fans chanting for Penix after a couple bad games by Cousins. Penix isn't a bad pick, just way too early.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about finding out that rich dipshits have skin this thin is that once you know, you are morally obligated to roast them as much as humanly possible, in ways that they are likely to see. Every single business in the area with a marquee sign in front should escalate. Fans should do soccer style tifo displays mocking the shit out of this guy. Don't let him be anywhere in public without mockery. Apply this policy to all rich thin skinned dickwads.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm confused if I owned a team I would want the people I picked and trust to be picking the team. That's their job, I'm just the money machine.

I don't follow sports, and certainly don't know enough about the financial side to be certain, but I'm guessing some people don't buy pro teams out of dispassionate concern for the bottom line. I have to imagine there are plenty of investment opportunities with a higher ROI.

They want to turn a profit, sure, but they also want to play with their toys.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
Why do all these business guys think they're so smart in football just automatically?

Especially, if that's not your area of expertise. He's a finance guy.
Not all of them, The Raven's Steve Bisciotti seems to have a good understanding of the limits of his expertise. Check this interview out at about 20 minutes in.

www.youtube.com

Studio 44 Episode 6: Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti Joins Marlon Humphrey | Baltimore Ravens

Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey has a very special guest in this episode of Studio 44, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, who talks why he enjoys being a "low-k...

bigzgod

Oct 27, 2017
I don't disagree. If you're going to sign Cousins, you probably should strengthen the team around him. It will be funny to see fans chanting for Penix after a couple bad games by Cousins. Penix isn't a bad pick, just way too early.

The Falcons are going to be put in an extremely awkward situation in 2027, even if there isn't any QB controversy in the first two seasons. Assuming he sits his first two years, that means his first year as a starter will be in 2026, after they cut Kirk Cousins. The Falcons would need to decide prior to the start of the 2027 season whether or not to pick up his 5th year option. Is 1 year as a starter enough time to evaluate whether or not he's a bust?