• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess I just don't see how delaying a game that didn't have a release window to begin with could be considered a disappointing news. Especially if it is to release it alongside a next gen version of that game on PS5.

I can see it can be disappointing to people to hear they have to wait for more than a year to play it (maybe people hoping it would launch somewhere close behind LoUP2). I myself expect nothing less so wouldn't be a disapointment to me.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ghost of Tsushima PS5 only would be pretty fucked up since they have just said it is coming out on PS4

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 delay seems the most likely. Fits the fact that it's surprising, and it's probably a short delay (March?), so not a big deal.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Quoting for no reason but to be part of the gang.
3851.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
Yeah, sounds like The Last of Us 2 getting pushed back. That's fine. Too many games coming out in that time period anyway.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about it more...Is a TLOU2 delay really "unexpected" though?

That's what I'm saying, Uncharted 4 was delayed several times in the lead-up to release, it wouldn't be a shocker for Naughty Dog's most ambitious game ever to be delayed a few times too.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I am quite baffled at the fact that The Last of Us Part II would get a delay after 1.5 years of silence and an extra SoP/Preview event with the release date just last month.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Previously some users have shown their true colors when the discussion goes to whether Sony should start releasing some of their titles (such as Dreams) in PC.

I read his comment as such that he was thinking how gamers (not himself personally) would perceive this news. Hopefully "soon" means within the next few hours, because I have already spend way too much time in this thread.
Jason plays on PC. This is not that. It's a delay.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I guess I just don't see how delaying a game that didn't have a release window to begin with could be considered a disappointing news. Especially if it is to release it alongside a next gen version of that game on PS5.
Yea it doesn't have an official date so u r right lol no one can be disappointed as no one knows when to expect it

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TLOU2 being delayed after less than 1 month of its release date being announced would be so, so dumb.

I highly doubt Naughty Dog kept us in the dark for almost 2 years without TLOU2 info to throw a release date that they couldnt hit

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
If it is LOU2 I expect it'll get delayed as far as May. They won't want to go April with Cyberpunk and March has Final Fantasy early on as well. It is just an absolute logjam of massive games.

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Ghosts can't be delayed since a date was never announced. If anything, they might say it's gonna release along with PS5

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 1-2 month delay is fine but any longer and I will be pissed.

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLOU2 being delayed after less than 1 month of its release date being announced would be so, so dumb.

I highly doubt Naughty Dog kept us in the dark for almost 2 years without TLOU2 info to throw a release date that they couldnt hit

Yeah, doesn't make sense. They literally just announced this games release date not long ago

I'm betting on Ghost of Tsushima being a PS5 exclusive

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
ZHuge previously said TLOUII was internally scheduled for February many, many months before it was announced. The long wait between then and the announcement probably can be interpreted in them not being 100% sure they could make the release date. It's possible they grew pretty confident they could, announced it, then realized they need another month or two. No big deal if it's the case, and it's my guess for what the news is.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
The Last of Us 2 getting delayed would be a GOOD thing. The game is coming out way to close to another Sony exclusive Final Fantasy VII Remake. Why THE FUCK would you put the release date of two very important exclusives, perhaps the two biggest exclusives of the entire year, less than two weeks apart? Makes no fucking sense.

I want LoU2 to get delayed because I want to play both it and FFVIIR day one on release without one affecting the other. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.