• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking estatic. I liked MoS, the extended cut of Batman v Superman was great.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
7734.jpg
This is amazing.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the Joker movie finally netted Joaquin his best acting oscar and was one of the most profitable movies of the year...but the geeks thought it was a bad idea so maybe they should have listened to them instead.

"Idiots" may be a bit strong. It's less idiocy and more insanity, really. Still think it's wild a movie like Joker even got out, but that's WB bravery I guess.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I don't know. The people that are subscribing for this were people that were likely going to subscribe already anyway. They're the same people that subscribe to DC Universe, despite that service's general insignificance. I don't think they had to spend any money to finance additional changes to a movie and a franchise that are already pretty disastrous.
Streaming services need content, an endless supply of them to keep people hooked. With everything shut down, this is something they can put together that will draw attention and keep people subbed.
could JL2 start where JLZC ends?
No. Affleck is done as Batman, Battison will be Batman going forward.
Considering that the movies post-JL have not acknowledged the events of JL, I wonder if it could give Warner the opportunity to establish Snyder's cut of JL as the canonical entry in the franchise.
There were rumors that WB wants to use Flashpoint to soft reboot the DCEU. So Snyder's films would all be rendered noncanon. With that in mind this seems geared towards easing the blow by letting the Snyderverse have a conclusion. WB is not going to use this version of JL to build on going forward, at least I don't think so. I see this as letting Snyder end his vision with more grace.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched JL other than some awful clips, and don't have a horse in this game.

But if it turns out this sucks and people loose their shit, this will be the most entertaining meta-drama of our times.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Found this on Reddit. The guy who started it

" If you seek his monument, look around you"

0mof8rccpyz41.png

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The biggest fear I have about it is if Zack just puts out what his original intention was for the movie... that it ends on a cliff hanger to be finished in his never will be made Justice League 2 and 3. If he does that, then yeah, critics and fans will be like, "Wait, what was the point of it then???" 4 years and 30 million for a story that has no end??? So I really hope he tweaks it so it closes out his 3 movie arc and we can all just move on with the current DCEU and hope they use Flashpoint fuckery to make everything make sense again.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom of Heaven was fixed in a directors cut.

Is it possible..
The difference is the director's cut was already completed and then Ridley Scott decided to fuck himself all on his own with a horrifically truncated PG-13 cut in the vain hopes of getting more box office revenue.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad the fans are going to finally get what they've wanted, but man this is going to set a bad precedent going forward for extremely toxic fans to harass companies until they get what they want.
You mean the same fans that raised money for suicide prevention?

Don't let a few idiots cloud your judgement on an entire fanbase. The majority have definitely been annoying, but certainly not toxic.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
They have heard of the phrases 'throwing good money after bad' and 'sunk cost fallacy',correct?

The DC movie universe continue to be a traonwreck.

HBO continues to make dumb decisions. The whole HBOax branding was already a confusing mess.

Last edited:

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Holy fuck. 2020 delivering all sorts of insane shit. I'm looking forward to this.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From WB perspective, it's probably a cheap investment to get basically what's going to be a Mandalorian-type miniseries.

They will get some subs from it, and the Snyder fans already did most of the marketing.

Now, to spun-off something from it (A new movie, a new series, etc.) would be an incredibly misguided decision considering Zack Snyder was one of the key reasons they had to rethink their whole Cinematic Universe plans. (Alongside Kevin Tsujihara and the like)

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, what would be funnier, if its better or if its wprst? (I said this as someone who like Justice League)

It would be funnier if its better.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So... they intend on shoving Affleck back in the batsuit? Getting a mustache-less Cavill back in? Because they still intended and needed to do reshoots prior to his departure, and before Whedon had to radically rework the film.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, what would be funnier, if its better or if its wprst? (I said this as someone who like Justice League)

It would be funnier if its better.
I mean, even in the far chance that Zack Snyder has been studying how to do storytelling, and how to create more relatable characters, I'd reckon there is only so much he can do with existing footage in a new framing.

At best he will be able to capture the original angst of his intended Justice League film, at worst he will double it down.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so glad I'll finally get proper closure for Batfleck. And not "something's definitely bleeding" 🙄

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this will be what it takes to put the DCEU back on track.

Or not lol

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Also something to think about in terms of why would they spend up to 30 mil to do this... WB/HBO can spend 30 mil to get 6 weeks worth of content out of a movie/series ORRRR spend 100 mil to make a new show that can take up the same time. And since they can't exactly shoot new things right now, this is a win for them.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I'm glad the fans are going to finally get what they've wanted, but man this is going to set a bad precedent going forward for extremely toxic fans to harass companies until they get what they want.

Jesus at this pearl clutching. Snyder gets a chance to finish a film that he couldn't complete due to a family tragedy and his fans are happy about this.

But no, this is some sort of ominous harbinger of things to come. Let's get a grip here.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
It's going to be a problem, finishing it properly.

If it was released as a weird thing, mixed with animatics and storyboards, people could still argue that if it was finished, it would have been the best movie ever, and continue to live online as a sort of legend.

Now that they are going to finish it, effects, actors and everything, there is no excuse for it to be bad. And, dear reader, it's still going to be a Zack Snyder movie.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't paid much attention to this announcement but are they actually going to go and add special effects and all that to this version? Seems like a mighty expensive undertaking for a movie only hardcore DC nerds seem to be asking for.