• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
good for him, how they gonna handle unfinished effects shots and stuff tho? is WB footing the bill?

and will they dump the elfman stuff for the other composer I imagine.
Seems like it. He says they got some work to do still. And the original music is complete and ready to go iirc. That alone makes it worth it to me

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
lmao wow. It's actually happening. And if it's next year I assume WB is really going to spend the money finishing it up?

Is this like the first time a studio has spent millions more dollars to finish a director's workprint after its theatrical cut bombed? Because this has got to be way costlier than any new Blade Runner edition or something like that.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
lmao wtf... why is there such fanboyism around this particular director? he's done a good job marketing himself on the net, i guess

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, considering the circumstances that led to Snyder leaving the film, I'm glad the guy is getting to complete his vision

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is real.
giphy.gif

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So they've been sitting on a Synder cut since 2017? What's so different about this version?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
" possibly in a four-hour director's cut or in six TV-style "chapters" "
WTF!??

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Guess this is good for some VFX shop that had all their business dry up. We'll see if anyone actually gets HBO Max for this thing.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
LOL It's going to be the most watched thing on the service and will somehow green light Justice League Part 2.

Fuckin' internet.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
"When Zack and Debbie shared the extraordinary vision of where Zack wanted to take Justice League, my team and our counterparts at Warner Bros. took it as a mission to solve the many issues that stood in the way," said Kevin Reilly, Chief Content Officer at HBO Max, President, TNT, TBS and truTV.
This is the first case of corporate self deprecating/ethering I've ever seen?

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Wow. 20-30M additional. Finish scoring, post prod, vfx and even new dialogue. Could be a 4 hour film or a 6 part mini series.

"You probably saw one-fourth of what I did," the director notes, basing his judgment on what has been shared with him of Whedon's version.