• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Some of y'all asking to reach out. But like. We've had 4 years to see what Trump will do, and what the GOP is willing to tolerate and push for. We've had 4 years to understand them, and Trumpers and the GOP in general also had 4 years to come to terms with what is happening. And they still ended up voting en-masse for Trump, which means they're okay with the corruption, coarseness and incompetence for the past 4 years.

We're supposed to continue accepting even more of this bullshit? If their vote hasn't changed given what's been observed for the past 4 years, is that not a sign of them being okay with the GOP's overall atrocities? And like so many other folks have mentioned, what do they have to worry about with the coming Biden administration anyway?
Yeah, these assholes wanted to hand Trump a mandate to continue his bullshit at turbo speed. It speaks to their utter lack of standards, decency, and the most basic awareness of the damage their hero has inflicted on countless millions of lives. Not to mention the environment, which won't magically fix itself if we pretend that short term business is more important than long term human survival.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way to truely make changes is through education, cooperation and killing them with kindness

Fuck kindness.

Where was the kindness for Breonna Taylor?

Where was the kindness for George Floyd?

Where was the kindness for the front-line workers getting harassed, hurt and killed for enforcing mask usage and social distancing?

That's the kind of killing the right does. So fuck them.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Why can't anyone on the GOP do this?

Why is it always the Democratic party that needs to mend bridges and make peace?

I'm sorry, but those 70 million people will not lose a single damn thing from progressive policies, hell it would only improve their own quality of life.

POC and LGBTQIA+ people don't need to put up with this bullshit so white Americans can be friendly with one-another.

Because, someone needs to be a leader... And if everyone is waiting until the other side changes, nothing will change.

Change is hard. Change requires leadership. Even simple change is hard. Just being upset and saying "fuck them" isn't going to change anything.

Change needs to happen, but change won't just happen on its own.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
All this "break bread with people who were calling for your head or oppression because their feefees are hurt" can go into the dumpster fire with their diseased shitbag leader.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck kindness.

Where was the kindness for Breonna Taylor?

Where was the kindness for George Floyd?

Where was the kindness for the front-line workers getting harassed, hurt and killed for enforcing mask usage and social distancing?

That's the kind of killing the right does. So fuck them.

Exactly. They don't wanna be hurt by the same "fuck your feelings" energy they've been giving to us these 4 years well fuck them lol.

Nov 1, 2017
Also sick of you supposedly enlightened people that back this nonsense too. Do you not realize how many marginalized people in the US you constantly shit on with this false equivocation fear?

People have been fighting and dying to make better a country that collectively refuses to acknowledge all the pain it has caused. They have done this without resorting to mass violence despite it constantly being inflicted upon them and theirs since day one. Everything I'm about will drag these idiots into better lives despite them not caring about mine. My family has experienced slavery, lynchings, police violence and unfettered white supremacy during their time here. And that's just one family tree.

The sentiment of fuck the feelings of bigots and fascism supporters isn't even on the map of reasons why this country is in the shape it is. Nor is pretending it is a valid solution.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
so after 4 years people STILL dont understand empathy is a one way street with that half?
4JLRBCz.gif

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Because, someone needs to be a leader... And if everyone is waiting until the other side changes, nothing will change.

Change is hard. Change requires leadership. Even simple change is hard. Just being upset and saying "fuck them" isn't going to change anything.

I'm sorry, they're on their own as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure Biden and his team will make every single possible concession, but I will not.

They can eat my ass, and I don't ever want to understand "why" they voted Trump (not even once mind you, twice actually!)

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, they're on their own as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure Biden and his team will make every single possible concession, but I will not.

They can eat my ass, and I don't ever want to understand "why" they voted Trump (not even once mind you, twice actually!)

Which is totally your right. But as long as people take this stance, the cycle will continue.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

That'd be fine if we were talking about two populations participating in society genuinely but as has been pointed out Trump supporters are disingenuous and have only ever been interested in using policy & legislation to harm marginalized people they don't like. You might say "fuck you" doesn't work but neither does "come to the table" bs because change particularly change for the better & for progress is fundamentally not something Trump supporters have ever been interested in. They are not going to take the olive branch offered and at best are satisfied biding their time pretending they care about their fellow citizens & decorum & empathy until the next popular bigoted white nationalist comes along to tell them they're superior & help them disenfranchise people of color, women, queer people and etc. who they feel are inferior. At this point the thing the rest of us should be doing is dragging them kicking & screaming towards progress because the last four years have shown they absolutely are not going to go with us there hand in hand.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Levi is just restating what the Democrats ran on. Biden and his hangerons be saying the same shit:

Biden says after election results are clear, next step is to "turn down the temperature." "To make progress, we have to stop treating our opponents as enemies. We are not enemies."

But progressives are the REAL problem here

It's black people for being stupid with their messaging and branding of course, that keeps white supremacy going on.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
There is a need to resolve the deep divisions in the U.S, but this take ain't it.

The onus is on Republicans to learn from this mistake and change for the better, not Dems to brush it under the rug.

As for the Trump hardcore, 'Hug a fascist' is never the answer. They'll always come back unless you stomp on their necks.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gripped with fear? Are they afraid Biden is gonna throw them in cages? Are they afraid Biden is gonna dehumanize them? Are they afraid Biden is going to force them to have their uterus surgically removed? Are they afraid Biden is going to withhold federal emergency aid over some petty grievance with their town mayor? Are they afraid Biden is going to fucking fiddle and spread misinformation and conspiracy theories about a pandemic that will kill over 200 thousand Americans?

Oh, the poor dears.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
It must be nice to live in a celebrity bubble. Anybody that has been paying an ounce of attention these last four years knows that they are full of hate and cannot be reasoned with because they follow no logic.

Oct 28, 2017
If we want to be the better person, we have to show sympathy to the loss and fear of the other side. HOWEVER we should also never forget that their 'fears' are at best a resistance to change and at worst a lie thats been willingly swallowed because they reject any form of critical thinking / self-reflection. So WE get to decide when the time for reconciliation breaks. We get to heal first.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe its time for some people to just accept that a lot of people are just selfish assholes content to stay plugged into Fox News and mindlessly vote for whoever has an R next to their name instead of parading around an endless barrage of "how can we win over conservatives?" and "a look inside the daily life of a Trump voter" think pieces.

With everything they've seen, George Floyd, ICE, the enabling of white supremacy groups like the Proud Boys and still voting for him, the same people who refuse to wear a mask to save lives becuase they don't want to be minorly convenienced, I have no fucks to give for them.

If you can still vote red after all that, I've given up on you.

Last edited:

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Which is totally your right. But as long as people take this stance, the cycle will continue.
Why don't you go preach over to THEM. We are always REQUIRED to be the better men and women, to sacrifice our lives and dignity for the illusion of safety and peace. They do jackshit in trying to make an effort. There's another board, I'm sure you are aware of it. Go over there and see how many of those on the other side will flock to your call, come to some great epiphany that they were wrong and will wish to extend an olive branch, express regret and apologize for all the horrible stuff they believe in, have supported and have committed.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe its time for some people to just accept that a lot of people are just selfish assholes content to stay plugged into Fox News and mindlessly vote for whoever has an R next to their name instead of parading around an endless barrage of "how can we win over conservatives?" and "a look inside the daily life of a Trump voter" think pieces.

With everything they've seen, George Floyd, ICE, the enabling of white supremacy groups like the Proud Boys and still voting for him, I have no fucks to give for them.

If you can still vote red after all that, I've given up on you.
Well said. People can't even hide behind the, "He's an outsider! He's not a politician! Give him a chance!" bullshit from 2016. A Trump supporter in 2020 is irredeemable garbage.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Funny how the right-wingers are never expected to be sympathetic and kind huh.

So you guys want to say "fuck you" to 70 millions people?
Yep
Your country is doomed then.
Their country is doomed precisely because there's 70 millions brain-dead malicious fuckwits like Trump supporters.
This thread is weird. Biden pretty much said the same thing during his speech yesterday you know.
He's the president-elect. He has to say this, it's politics. Ain't nothing weird about regular people saying "fuck that noise". This is not the gotcha you think it is.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Funny how quickly the rich, white Hollywood guy wants us to be caring to the "fuck your feelings" party, especially after everything they did these last 4 years.

Fears and concerns over what?

Go kiss my ass Levi.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Show me one goddamn Trump supporter who shows even a shred of remorse for the 545 children at the border whose parents cannot be found solely because of Trump's ghoulish fucking policy of separating parents and children for the sole purpose of trying to scare away additional asylum seekers, and maybe I'll reach deep into my soul and extend the tiniest olive branch to that person.

But no, every single fucking one of his supporters not only have no sympathy for those children, but they're fucking glad it happened. They think it's deserved. Someone prove me wrong on this shit.

So no. Fuck fascists. Fuck racists. Now and forever.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Centralists told us on the left to shut up and vote Biden and then we would talk about moving left. We held up our end and are immediately told we are not needed anymore that the "country needs to heal" oh and its our fault they did not win as big as they should have. Geez I wonder why the centralists have such a hard time wining considering they do the same shit to minorities every election. I'd love if to talk politics on era you have to disclose how much you make just so we know where the people telling us to shut up are coming from.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give my sympathy to all those who were harmed under Donald Trump. Not to the people who wished to see it continue.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I want to preface my post with this: There's been plenty of times that I've done harm to others that was unwarranted. Perhaps I said something ignorant, or did or didn't do something that made them feel slighted or unwelcomed. In many of these cases, the people involved did nothing to deserve such action. When I've become aware of the harm, either through my own rationalization or someone telling me, I've apologized and vowed to do better.

I cried in the shower today. What was supposed to be a quick affair turned into half an hour of me just trying to work out my feelings. I'm angry that I've been made to live in an administration that delights in the abject suffering of others, and that we barely defeated it. I'm sad for all the people who were sacrificed as victims to this ideology. I'm happy that, in the end, America said that the amount of misery is not okay, and now the world is celebrating and dancing in the streets.

I feel beat up and emotionally whiplashed, like I legit have PTSD and I'm having flashbacks. And I can barely take time to leave this shit alone because not only do I have to moderate this place, but because I've got special elections to deal with in two months. All of this coming up- the fact that I haven't breathed in four years....

It's not the fault of BLM.

It's not the fault of Antifa.

It's not the fault of LGBTQA+ people.

It's not the fault of Central and South American immigrants.

It's not the fault of leftists.

It's not the fault of the media.

It's the fucking fault of the Trump administration and its supporters. It's the fault of Nazis. It's the fault of silent Republicans who saw what was happening and did nothing.

To say we need to come together assumes that the people who aren't at fault- the victims of the last four years- are equally culpable as the people who were responsible for every. single. slight of this godforsaken administration.

If you sincerely believe this, fuck off.

You want healing? So do I. Trump supporters need to acknowledge what they did, what they supported, apologize, and vow to change- to NEVER vote for this fascist shit ever again. They need to be the fucking adults in the room. Only then can we move on.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Sympathetic outreach to Trump voters is a waste of time as long as they're wrapped in their warm blanket of conservative media. They're very effectively insulated from ever changing their minds or developing a moral compass.

ViperVisor

Oct 29, 2017
The A #1 thing they care, lol, about, the budget.

Federal debt held by the public nearly tripled during Ronald Reagan.

W Bush? trillions more added
Trump? trillions more added

So they can, kindly, go fuck themselves.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
They blamed mass shootings on gun control laws, didn't put on masks and put others at risk, wanted to kill high ranking officials, told us to follow the law despite black people killed who did nothing wrong, blamed Latinos for mass carvans, blamed Muslims for shit they didn't do. Wanted gay and trans voices silenced unless it followed their agenda and want women's rights silenced.

They never cared about us.

Fuck their feelings Zack.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
Nope, they're a lost cause and can fuck themselves. They deserve the shame and alienation they've brought on themselves. Doing anything else just teaches the younger and upcoming electorate that their attitudes and behaviors were acceptable.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
They blamed mass shootings on gun control laws, didn't put on masks and put others at risk, wanted to kill high ranking officials, told us to follow the law despite black people killed who did nothing wrong, blamed Latinos for mass carvans, blamed Muslims for shit they didn't do. Wanted gay and trans voices silenced unless it followed their agenda and want women's rights silenced.

They never cared about us.

Fuck their feelings Zack.

Truth

No redemption for bad faith actors