• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
I Don't Like

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I will eat as much calamari as you put in front of me until I pass out.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Lobster boil with sausage and tiny corn on the cobs
Salmon patties with tomato noodles and fried potatoes
fish tacos with red cabbage and mango salsa
long john silvers with extra crispies and a couple of hush puppies

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Scallops scallops scallops.

And also yes it is a massive cheat to say sushi for several reasons, not the least of which is that sushi isn't seafood.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Give me endless oysters and I'll find an end.

Sashimi second on the list.

Any shellfish follows.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I love the spicy salt and pepper Chinese style calamari.

salt-and-pepper-squid-2-copy.jpg

Scallops scallops scallops.

And also yes it is a massive cheat to say sushi for several reasons, not the least of which is that sushi isn't seafood.

Wait how is it not seafood? Is there a specific distinction?

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Chicken tenders from a Long John Silver's. Those things are the bomb.

For real tho, I love pan-seared salmon and deep fried crappie.

Best seafood I've ever had was at my favorite restaurant back in my hometown, called Guppy's.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Probably crab or lobster. I love all crustaceans, though. Also, mussels can be amazing, but that has more to do with how they're prepared (steamed in white wine with butter and various aromatics).

I live in Annapolis, Maryland so good seafood is abundant.

I did have a wonderful time this last autumn tackling a 50 pound lobster mountain, fried up Hong Kong style with some friends in Toronto.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Octopus is phenomenal. I am more used to having shrimps though, easy and quick to make them tasty. I will try cooking my own pulpo this week, lets see how it goes.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Oysters, mussels, lobster and tuna. I'll eat pretty much any seafood though.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Just basic fish. I like most types of fish. That's it for seafood.

Lobster and crab are fine, but I just don't get the appeal. They taste okay, but the texture is weird and it's not worth the price. I usually offer to let someone else have some extra instead of eating it myself.

Shrimp is disgusting.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Sushi for sure. Oysters are great and easy. Crab is nice if someone else has done all the work of plucking the meat. I prefer lobster grilled rather than steamed, sauteed, or poached, and a good crawfish boil is hard to pass up.

The single best seafood dish I've had is a tuna tartare from Neta in NYC that was made of toro and topped with caviar.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shrimp, Calamari, King Crab Legs and Sashimi. Give me a plate full of Sashimi with some soy sauce and ginger. I love it.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I love almost all seafood (although not oysters, oddly enough). Crawfish is my very favorite, particularly in Creole-style étouffée. I've sampled some of the best New Orleans's French Quarter has to offer and none of them can touch my bestie's étouffée. Freaking nectar of the gods.

Although when we dined at Le Bernardin in NYC a few years back, I tried escolar for the first time. Maybe the single most delicious protein I've ever had in my mouth. I almost literally swooned it was just that amazing.

I adore the taste of cephalopod (octopus, squid, cuttlefish, etc.), as well. But I can no longer in good conscience eat such highly-intelligent creatures.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Cajun style blackened Mahi Mahi.

The best I have ever had was from Louisiana Lagniappe in Destin, FL.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Prawns, so many ways. Creamy pasta, BBQ, soup, fried, tempura, noodles, hot/cold, plain...

Close second would be softshell crab.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
shrimp, and anything that looks like a shrimp

scallops are a strong contender though

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Alaskan crab legs.

Fried shrimp, fried catfish, tilapia and mussels are other contenders.

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Damn... so many favorites.... grilled prawns, grilled squid, raw sashimi like tuna and salmon. But I think my absolutely fav are the crab dishes

078016000_1536562953-resep-masakan-sehari-hari.jpg

BlackPepperCrabs891-e1448951861785.png

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
And where's the best place you've ever had some seafood, whether it's your favorite or otherwise?

I gotta go with raw oysters but I'm all about the small and briny from the north. I've had some west coast and Gulf of Mexico oysters - didn't do it for me. Give me Prince Edward Island region all day.

As far as the best seafood overall I think it was Blue Water Cafe in Vancouver. We ordered a huge platter of various seafood and it was so good it blew my fucking mind. I've eaten most of my seafood in DC and NYC areas and there are some great spots but this beat them all.

Funny enough, I've had friends who got food poisoning from Blue Water.

Personally not my kind of place, way too fancy. The free cheesy bread sticks at the bar were nice though.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I need my fish fried, and I love sole. With potatoes, some butter and a slice of lemon, it's my absolute favorite. Unfortunately it has gotten quite expensive and you often get some cheap asian knock off variants on the menu not to mention in the supermarkets.
6cb0a1a9-ef9f-4ad1-97zj10.jpeg

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
Salmon, which due to my cholesterol I'm having to eat four times a week (I know, poor me). Also like cod, prawns, shrimps and love a good crab cake.