• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

grang

Nov 13, 2017

Ken jumping off the tower in In Bruges

maxresdefault.jpg

from Assassination of Jesse James
The Grey

Dude knows the wolves are coming for him. He's just out of juice, and probably thinking it's not that much of a bad view to be his last.

All awesome choices

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest

HarmoniousUnhappyBlowfish-max-1mb.gif

Game of Thrones - Battle of the Bastards

tenor.gif

Honorable mention to failed sacrifice in Kong: Skull Island
CriminalMaleBantamrooster-max-1mb.gif

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Malone's death is The Untouchables is one of the most poignant for me.

In the same fashion, Yamamoto's death at the end of Brother is another classic. He has spent the rest of the movie as some infallible bad-ass, but he knows his time is up, his woman is dead, his brother, and the only way he can let the one other person escape is though just embracing death.

Omar Epps's reaction to the pay-off is fucking awesome too.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Came in here to say "how my hair look Mike"

Doing a rewatch now.

Also when Hank let's Walt know that he is Stupid for not knowing that he was about to get shot.

nutmeg

Apr 23, 2021
I guess I should have been wise enough to realize that a thread like this would have some pretty big spoilers...

The scene that immediately springs to my mind is the shoe-dipping scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It is absolutely NOT my favorite, but it disturbed me so very much that I can't deny its effectiveness, if that was the creators' intention...

Gho5tstar

Jan 16, 2021
VA
Some great replies in here..if I had to pick one, Toy Story hit me the hardest..just knew it was over and they accepted it

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Man, how did ya'll forget the GOAT? When it all comes to its bloody final end and the bastards finally get you down, what do you do? By god, you hate them all the way to the end with every last part of yourself until your final breath rasps it's way out of your ragged throat...

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
AmbitiousSmoothGrizzlybear-size_restricted.gif

Courtesy of Hot Fuzz

And from Masters of Horror: Deer Woman

1x07-Deer-Woman-masters-of-horror-13386238-900-506.jpg

He and his partner have been searching for a creature tied to local legend and this dude BRINGS HER HOME WITHOUT REALIZING IT. His partner calls him and pretty much describes her, and you just see his face drop as he says over the phone, "...I'm the dumbest man alive..."

I love horror anthology series - know where I can stream these? Are they on any sub service ?

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

that whole scene is incredible, it made me legit cry (and I still do every time I think of it). Graham McTavish's performance is sublime there.

"Lisa, I'm killing our boy. We painted this room. We made those toys. It's our boy, Lisa. Your greatest gift to me... and I'm killing him.

I must already be dead.
"

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
This batshit sequence from Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End:

tumblr_m7kl55PDYn1rts02xo2_500.gif

aa2fa7628a03e6f7533cc1dab4874827.gif
"It's just good business."

The second and third movies might have been total nonsense that swam way too far up its own assholes with the lore, but man, I really can't think of much of anything these days that can match the insane spectacle. Verbinski was firing on all cylinders with his action sequences.